• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin' On Ya! A Western New York Tournament. December 5th AND 6th.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I'm not sure any part of new york gets sympathy from san.
-Oh so clever-

Crews is total stock count vs. total stock count done between several matches, if I'm right?

Foy

Smash Champion
Peachs Castle is so lulzy. Straight up. Double fox what? Might as well make Onett Legal.

Its Peachs Castle turned inside out. Anddddddd ill mm San. Ikes lame.

Foy

Smash Champion
PS: Everyone who thinks they dislike me on the board. They will definitely like me in real life. And if you don't you are garbage.

hubble

Smash Ace
im gonna be at this tournament.

LETS DO MELEE DRAFT CREWS. It would be so gooooooood.

get HYpE!`
~~~
~

SUPAH STYLING

,./...............hypeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its so annoying, cus i always look at BP's avi, and I get kinda hot, but then i read his posts, and i just get sad, cus hes always so emo...

its like looking at my ex girl friend lol.

Foy

Smash Champion
its so annoying, cus i always look at BP's avi, and I get kinda hot, but then i read his posts, and i just get sad, cus hes always so emo...

its like looking at my ex girl friend lol.
I would sig this if i didn't have a sweet sig already.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Leaf me alone!

Oh, uhm, I had an idea to find a main for myself in melee, however it would take oodles of friendlies against everyone I use to evaluate whose the best. Anyone, and I mean anyone literally feel like doing so? O.o (In Melee)

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Although this is also a poor excuse for friendlies, I believe I should still do it because there may be a character better for me than Marth, although it's likely no Fox at all, I freeze up, and can't even L cancel properly when I'm in front of people. =O

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Leaf me alone!

Oh, uhm, I had an idea to find a main for myself in melee, however it would take oodles of friendlies against everyone I use to evaluate whose the best. Anyone, and I mean anyone literally feel like doing so? O.o (In Melee)
actually i would, i'm looking into getting good at melee but have the same problem, can't decide on a main between like 4-5 characters

Foy

Smash Champion
Peach if you get nervous when you play this game, you just have to fight through it. Nerves can be overcome. Just push through it.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm still not used to playing others. I need to find more advanced smashers, and play out more often.

I'll be looking forward to it. ^^

Kantō

Smash Champion
should i bring my TV?
im confused.... i have an HD TV and i can hook my wii into it....
but i also have another TV i can bring if needed.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
should i bring my TV?
Im thinkin everyone should bring every tv they can just in case...

BTW
CNY could definitely take Rochester.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Although this is also a poor excuse for friendlies, I believe I should still do it because there may be a character better for me than Marth, although it's likely no Fox at all, I freeze up, and can't even L cancel properly when I'm in front of people. =O
Peachy, this happened to me at the last tournament. I showed up ready to go all fox, 2 seconds into friendlys my fox tech skill fell apart. I couldnt do any of the stuff I could do at home. Ultimately I think it comes down to knowing/and telling yourself that you can do it and to not get worried. And if all that fails have a secondary that you're confident in your tech skill with. ( sheiky!)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Play marth. Easy to pick up.
Sheik/puff are easier.
Peach if you get nervous when you play this game, you just have to fight through it. Nerves can be overcome. Just push through it.
just like a chicks hymen.
so long as KID is still giving me a ride, yeah. i'll play as many friendlies as ya want lol

yep, still swinging by rit, but i do still need gas cash from yall

however, I do feel bad, cus i think im going to have to renig on you too. since theres more good people coming that I had previously thought, I kinda want to team with san for this, because I need team practice in a tourney setting with him for when we go to NYC next year.
I'm still not used to playing others. I need to find more advanced smashers, and play out more often.

I'll be looking forward to it. ^^
thats why you come to the tourneys, its not all about winning and getting money, its about having fun, and getting better together as a community.
should i bring my TV?
Im thinkin everyone should bring every tv they can just in case...
this. although, after all of whats gone down im apprehensive about anything with the words HD in it.
BTW
CNY could definitely take Rochester.
LOL! you could take everyone in the entire state (minus NYC of course) and make a crew out of the best players. and rochester would still beat you. in both games.
Peachy, this happened to me at the last tournament. I showed up ready to go all fox, 2 seconds into friendlys my fox tech skill fell apart. I couldnt do any of the stuff I could do at home. Ultimately I think it comes down to knowing/and telling yourself that you can do it and to not get worried. And if all that fails have a secondary that you're confident in your tech skill with. ( sheiky!)

Continued tournament attendance helps you to over come the jitters.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ok ya'll, KID already knows this, but I was able to get the 5th and 6th off, so I'm able to go to the tournament. Now the only issue that remains is transport, and I'm already working on that. I'll probably give more details later in the week of this, but there's a good chance I'll be seein' ya'll down there for Melee.

Edit: Peachy, I'm rather nervous 'bout this too. For the past 2 years I've only been able to play a total of 5 other people, so bein' at this is gonna be a huge change for me. x3

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I should probably mention BP I'm only going for brawl...hopefully someone will bring melee to do some friendlies, but yeah, I definitely don't feel comfortable enough to enter a tournament in melee quite yet.

Also KID its cool I understand I totally bailed out on you last time so its fine, Sheth do you wanna team if you don't already have someone?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Oh dear, kid + san team, OTL

Maybe I can get brian to go again, revive team roblcoptr. We had darn good matches with kid and air last time, but it'll be a whole new level of pressure if you add San to that. @_@

Wish I knew brian's SN, if he had one, otherwise I'll just be fishing for a teammate for doubles the day of, and I admit I'm looking forward to doubles over singles.

EDIT: DBR, dunno. If possible I'd like to team with someone from RIT as I did last time, since we had pretty good teamwork, and I think we can build on it. But I haven't seen him at smash stuff on campus towards the end of last quarter either, so I dunno.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
[18:13] shethblade: Cyberstorm TVs only take HDMI? mad weak
[18:13] shethblade: I've never even seen a wii HDMI
[18:13] shethblade: oh well, come by sometime week 1 and I'll show ya mine, I'll bring that
[18:13] KIDGoggles: the tvs take normal input cords
[18:14] KIDGoggles: but their tvs lag
[18:14] KIDGoggles: and people that play in tourneys dont like laggy tvs
[18:14] KIDGoggles: so we re gonna use their cpu monitors
[18:14] KIDGoggles: thats what we need hdmi for
[18:16] shethblade: I didn't even know anyone made wii HDMI
[18:18] KIDGoggles: uh oh...
[18:26] shethblade: Yea, I looked it up
[18:26] shethblade: There's no way to HDMI a wii without a box that has some processing
[18:27] shethblade: because the comoposite and component cables available for wii are both analog output, while HDMI is digital; you'd need a converting device to output the wii's analog-out to digital video
[18:28] KIDGoggles: awwww mannnn...
[18:28] KIDGoggles: gdi...
[18:28] shethblade: So if their comp monitors only have HDMI and VGA in, we need to get TVs again, since an HDMI solution would cost some $$$ for every setup, I'd think
[18:29] KIDGoggles: for the record, im pretty sure you just save my event from being a horrible crashing burning failure.
[18:29] shethblade: Lol. Still, you might check again, or try and swing by, because if they're using 22", I find it awkward they only have HDMI and VGA in (and probably S-vid, I'd assume)
[18:30] shethblade: Since generally monitors that size double as TV and tend to have composite and component input.
[18:30] KIDGoggles: the monitors or the computers?
[18:30] shethblade: The monitors, I would think. Seems weird
[18:30] shethblade: I mean, it's not unheard of if they didn't have it, too
[18:31] KIDGoggles: i remember checking the monitors and I diddnt see the 3 input plugs that youd need to get video from the wii
[18:31] shethblade: Oh blech
[18:31] shethblade: what a mess. Yea, TVs are gonna be needed then, for sure
[18:31] shethblade: def for melee
[18:31] shethblade: and for brawl too, unless I've overlooked something huge

bringing it up again incase people havent seen it.

@sheth, you realise the dude who posted right before you is the dude you were playing on teams with at the last smash club anyway, and he just asked you to team with him, right?

EDIT: last time me and san teamed for a tournament, we lost to neil and jesse, who will most likely be teaming up again for this one as well, and since cura is most likely going to team with snakeee, its still a fair toss up as to who is going to win. although, if you were doing sidebets and were smart, id put my money on me and san.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I can take melee 1st place if I find a good replacement for my control stick. Can't wait to bust it open, Foy bring that triwing for sure, DO NOT FORGET IT. If I end up breaking my controller or making it worse I'm done w/ smash LOL

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
Just figured I'd throw this out there for you ManaLord and everyone else...

Gamestop is having a sale from the 25th to the 29th buy 2 used products get 1 free, so check your local gamestop to see if they have gamecube controllers...you can get 3 of em for 30 bucks

altairian

Smash Lord
Since when did gamestop drop the price on gamecube controllers to 15 bucks? Definitely gonna have to look in to that just to have some spares lying around...

Top Bottom