• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff to say when getting infinited by marth

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Ever been infinited by a Marth in tournament? Ever feel that awful hatred? Well, I main Marth, and here are some helpful hints to get out of it!

1. Yell "YO LOOK HOW GOOD THIS MARTH IS" and get a crowd of people to watch, so the Marth feels awkward and lets you go.
2. "Does this make your ***** bigger?"
3. "You're molesting me and i'm underage"
4. Ask the store owner "hey is this allowed?"
5 Do you not know how to beat a Ness correctly? Only a bad Marth resorts to using a death grab on Ness. It's a 60:40 match up, Marth's favor. It's not like you won't win anyway.
6. cool story bro
7. You know I can break out of this, right?
8. ooh Boy
9. I am more manly than you'll ever be
10. "Now I'll pkt spam "
11. This is why I play brawl.
12. "i didnt know ness was that attractive to you"

Uffe

Smash Hero
"Do you not know how to beat a Ness correctly? Only a bad Marth resorts to using a death grab on Ness. It's a 60:40 match up, Marth's favor. It's not like you won't win anyway."

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I don't get infinited.

So instead I'll let Ness make his own sound effects....

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
What if the start settings are set to off? xD
Tourney host generally do not ask for this option to be turned off, just in case of an emergency that the game really need be paused.

AKA I waltz in front of a t.v in semifinals.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
i thought you were supposed to scream, make obscene gestures, and knock the controller out of their hands. I didn't know there were other ways!!!!!11!!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Why are you waltzing at tourneys ref? Music from brawl (which is normally covered up by mk making random slashing noises) catchy? Like the slow pace so you can dance comfortably?
... Anyways, I would say the best one is... Take their controller, unplug it, throw it across the room and proceed to either pkflash or pkt2 them... Of course u will get thrown out but it is the most effective and immoral of ways...
The way I would say it is, "GAH!!! FLYING BABIES!!!" which is my random exclamation for anything that goes wrong or slightly irritates me... If I was in a less silly mood I would sit quietly and push no buttons until a random point and start flicking both c and analog stick and push random buttons while making weird grunting noises........ Not really grunting but emphasized ughs.

Edit: where were you nintenjoe?

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman

I rofl'd heartily.

I tend to make fun of myself, i.e. I would probably say something along the lines of "Well ****, I shouldn't have gotten grabbed." But it hasn't happened to me yet because DON'T GET GRABBED DON'T BE STUPID AND DON'T GET GRABBED DON'T GET GRABBED is kind of how that match plays in my head and it's all I can focus on :V

Player-3

Smash Hero
i infinited a lucas on wifi and made him forfeit the match

its okay though, he was playing lucas

i would never infinite a ness to 999% like i do lucas

Uffe

Smash Hero
i infinited a lucas on wifi and made him forfeit the match

its okay though, he was playing lucas

i would never infinite a ness to 999% like i do lucas
Well, that's good to know. As a Ness main, I like playing against Marth mains when they don't use their infinites. I've been infinited probably about three times but somehow managed to escape it each time. The funnest Marth I've ever played was OmegaXF. That dude liked going to Battlefield a lot though. XD I almost beat him once, but he somehow made it back when I spiked him.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
"I am more manly than you'll ever be"
This statement would be coming from a ness, a 13 year old boy... And still it would be true
This would work well and be even more funny for a peach main to say.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The answer is quite simple. Perform the following steps:

1) "CG's? in MY Brawl?"
2) Scream "UNACCEPTABLE"
3) Then wall tech jump into a WARLOCK PUNCH.

Or you can just not get grabbed.

Teehee.

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
Ever been infinited by a Marth in tournament? Ever feel that awful hatred? Well, I main Marth, and here are some helpful hints to get out of it!

1. Yell "YO LOOK HOW GOOD THIS MARTH IS" and get a crowd of people to watch, so the Marth feels awkward and lets you go.
2. "Does this make your ***** bigger?"
4. Ask the store owner "hey is this allowed?"
5 Do you not know how to beat a Ness correctly? Only a bad Marth resorts to using a death grab on Ness. It's a 60:40 match up, Marth's favor. It's not like you won't win anyway.
6. cool story bro
7. You know I can break out of this, right?
8. ooh Boy
9. I am more manly than you'll ever be
I gotta write these down

Uffe

Smash Hero
Is there really a point to go Ness when fighting Marth? Do I stand a chance with the following characters?

Kirby, Wario, Toon Link and Marth. I really don't want to have to do a Marth ditto. With Toon Link, I just camp his ***.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Pick Yoshi. Or similarly, you can just not get grabbed. I've played some Marth's with Ness before, and the Grab Release has never been a large factor. They've tried to do the regrab, but they usually mess up down the line if you break out fast enough.

/Personal Experience.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Pick Yoshi. Or similarly, you can just not get grabbed. I've played some Marth's with Ness before, and the Grab Release has never been a large factor. They've tried to do the regrab, but they usually mess up down the line if you break out fast enough.

/Personal Experience.
I've had a similar experience. I've only been grabbed by three different Marth's and managed to escape their death grabs successfully. Ness can win against Marth, it's just not going to be that easy. As for picking Yoshi, I could never use him correctly. His smashes are pretty good, though. Unless he got nerfed in Brawl. I tried out Yoshi last night while playing Melee, almost got three stocked by my friends Zelda but made a huge comeback on stocks. Of course I ended up losing. Had I not SD'd, because I forgot he had a DJC, I probably would have won.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I never said it was easy. I'm sure the MU is disadvantaged without the grab release, but it's not as big a deal as people say.

Yoshi's smashes are pretty lol in Brawl. Dsmash got massively nerfed, fsmash is punishable though good in the right spots. Usmash is probably the best, but even that's not too spectacular.

Also, whenever I play Melee, I always forget about the DJC. I tried using Ness against my friend, and tried doing a ledge drop > Rising Fair, but DJC'd to my death. I lost every match, except the only one that mattered, which was me play Falcon. I LANDED THE PAUNCH.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Man, effing people who made Brawl really screwed over most of the classic characters. I pretty much fell in love with Yoshi's d-smash last night. That attack was waaay too good. Anyway, I try not to use Ness as much in Melee because he's different in Brawl. Maybe it's just all in my head that I'll suck with him in Brawl if I use him in Melee. I tend to use any character that has no DJC.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I really only play Melee casually, since I'm horrible at it and don't want to practice tech skill. I can really only control Link in that game. It's funny, because I used to think I was good at the game, but I guess I either got worse, or getting good at and playing Brawl competitively has changed my view on how I play.

Fun Fact: I now apply Brawl's Basic skills to everything I do now. It's pretty funny.

I know of some Yoshi mains that can use him in both Melee in Brawl, you just really have to divide the games in your mind and have a Brawl Mode and Melee Mode for whichever game.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Is there really a point to go Ness when fighting Marth? Do I stand a chance with the following characters?

Kirby, Wario, Toon Link and Marth. I really don't want to have to do a Marth ditto. With Toon Link, I just camp his ***.
Okay, Kirby has the big disadvantage because he is way outranged and outprioritized... You can get to him with speed, but marth is also fairly quick...
It's basically play safely, but once you do that it's okay... I guess.
Ness is good, but much more easily gimped than by other characters... I'm not saying ness is a character who can be gimped easily, but he is more easily gimped by marth than most other characters... The grab release is no problem unless you are like me and sometimes run right into someone with their shield up... Pkfire is dumb... If the marth is smart, they get out by upb, downb, or fair (the last two hit you more easily). Psi magnet push = NEVER DO THAT!!! EVER!!!!!!!! MOVE YOURSELF PERFECTLY INTO THE SWEETSPOT? ARE YOU CRAZY!!! .... now that that is over... Were disadvantaged more than they are still... Or at least I am more disadvantaged because I spam psi magnet for the push to help me out... Also outranged overall upclose... But projectiles give you something over him... And so does good aerial stuff...
Wario? Ich weiß nicht...
Toon link you have a good idea...
I'd avoid the marth dittos, because chances are if you are facing a marth who is good enough that you can't use ness, you won't be able to win with marth... Unless you switch to a marth main... Or are playing melée.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay, Kirby has the big disadvantage because he is way outranged and outprioritized... You can get to him with speed, but marth is also fairly quick...
It's basically play safely, but once you do that it's okay... I guess.
Ness is good, but much more easily gimped than by other characters... I'm not saying ness is a character who can be gimped easily, but he is more easily gimped by marth than most other characters... The grab release is no problem unless you are like me and sometimes run right into someone with their shield up... Pkfire is dumb... If the marth is smart, they get out by upb, downb, or fair (the last two hit you more easily). Psi magnet push = NEVER DO THAT!!! EVER!!!!!!!! MOVE YOURSELF PERFECTLY INTO THE SWEETSPOT? ARE YOU CRAZY!!! .... now that that is over... Were disadvantaged more than they are still... Or at least I am more disadvantaged because I spam psi magnet for the push to help me out... Also outranged overall upclose... But projectiles give you something over him... And so does good aerial stuff...
Wario? Ich weiß nicht...
Toon link you have a good idea...
I'd avoid the marth dittos, because chances are if you are facing a marth who is good enough that you can't use ness, you won't be able to win with marth... Unless you switch to a marth main... Or are playing melée.
I think it's a 60:40, Marth match up for Toon Link, though he's got projectile. But I think he does better against Marth than Ness because his projectile isn't as punishable. As for using Marth myself, I was thinking I'd probably do a whole lot better with Ness because chances are if you main Marth, you won't lose to someone who doesn't main him. But you never know. And I am in fact using Marth in Melee.

But Melee Marth is quicker, falls faster and is more threatening than Brawl Marth. So I don't think that'll really help me out in the long run.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
"PSI MAGNET PUSH!!!!" (shoves the opponent irl, causing him to fall)

Top Bottom