• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desh

Smash Ace
lets do it. I heard vwins is coming down soon. And if things are going on this month i plan on making it. =D
the doc dittos were fun too =D
Hell, lets jiggs dittto =D

idea

Smash Master
haha, sure. i honestly thought i could beat you in doc dittos, but if not, then i definitely can't with peach...my peach is still learning to float cancel <_<

and that's good, i think everyone kind of misses brampton.

JJfox

Smash Cadet
How in the world can you punish a Mario/Doc dash attack. When ever i try and sheild grab it he's on the other side of me. If i jump out and nair he crouch cancels and smashes me. Same with back air. Do you just have to jump away and space a back air?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Always space your aerials. If he messes up his dash attack you can even rest it, dash attack shouldn't really be the problem, I think you are probably misjudging the lag time, which is quite short.

JJfox

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks, now on to fox. Have you just gotta pressure them to make a mistake by never letting them breath, I think I'm being too defensive (or slow) against foxes. I seem to be too far away from him to hit with a bair but when I decide to be more agressive against him he waits for me to land and up throws me :(.
I'm thinking I should wavedash away when i land so he misses the grab. Sound good?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
to fight peach:

you bair the **** out of her. Its nearly impossible to beat a well-spaced bair.

ban yoshi's.

a mediocre peach will downsmash when she is next to you. YOU CAN HOP AND REST :D

another tip: she is the easiest to rest out of up-tilt. She's the perfect mix of heaviness, floatiness, and a relatively large target thanks to that dress.

she will throw turnips and try to fair you with turnips. Just float over them.

you can poke by doing a forward nair into her shield and retreating before you hit the ground.

Never hold down or crouch cancel. EVER.

if she dash attacks into your sheild its a free rest.

when she is off the stage, go after her - grab the edge if she approaches it - her parasol will fall right thrugh you. if she is at high % and recovering from a big hit, up air her. jiggs uair > peaches dair.

back throw -> bair spam is SOOOO Good, man.
booooooo

Nairs and bairs and u airs

and some fairs

=D

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
this sounds nooby :( but how do i get through a really campy laser spam falco ...

i float over the laser and nair alot but i never seem to gain control of stage

and also a level 9 cpu teched my shine ... walltech> walljump> bair

WTF SOME MAGUS ****

idea

Smash Master
maybe no one's up yet <_<

and i dunno, laser campy falco would probably be hard for me too, but all the falco players i know go fox on me. i guess with falco you have to make the most of the hits you get. if you can get some hits in but not keep control, my guess is that you're just not following up enough.

alternatively, watch matches of puff vs. falco and see what they do.

JJfox

Smash Cadet
After you crouch a marths grab but you're not directly inside them yet, is there enough time to JUMP into rest before their sheild comes back up? Also what's another good way to punish a missed grab in this situation. TANK U

Tamoo

Smash Master
Framewise, I think its possible
Marth has 22 frames between when the grabbox goes away and when he can shield presuming shield comes out on frame 1 (I dont know which frame the shield comes out).
So you've got approximately a third of a second to get in there really

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
lets do it. I heard vwins is coming down soon. And if things are going on this month i plan on making it. =D
the doc dittos were fun too =D
Hell, lets jiggs dittto =D
When's he coming, and for what? :D I still need to friendly you Idea :D

HBox can you give more in-depth info on the Fox matchup? I just want to know if there's anything I haven't caught. I personally hated Fox, until I saw videos of you a few months before Genesis. And then I loved it, because it was pretty easy. I just space those Nairs, and get some nice edgeguards (completely learned from watching your vids). Now I love the matchup :D.

I hate the marth one. So much range, so dumb. I never play Sheiks, but when I do, I get pwned. It feels like all her moves come faster and have 0 lag time. I try to space and time my aerials in between her's, but it seems like her two fairs come out much faster than I can float in with an aerial of my own.

Idea you busy on Thursdays? As in during the afternoons (1-6PM). I'm particularly interested in facing you, just because you're the Jiggs main I know of in our area :D. The only other player I've ever played outside of my circle of friends is Europhoria.

Desh

Smash Ace
who is this restinpeace person quiting me >=o
Lol jk...
uuhhh just to visit and smash i guess.

No but really who are you o_o

idea

Smash Master
When's he coming, and for what? :D I still need to friendly you Idea :D

Idea you busy on Thursdays? As in during the afternoons (1-6PM). I'm particularly interested in facing you, just because you're the Jiggs main I know of in our area :D. The only other player I've ever played outside of my circle of friends is Europhoria.
i dunno. haven't decided yet. i'm considering having people over on august 6th or 7th cause T10 is on the 8th (so it makes sense to meet up somewhere first).

but the most reliable way to find out is to subscribe to the greater toronto area thread, since i always post about stuff multiple times in there.

the 6th would be on a thursday =P

who is this restinpeace person quiting me >=o
Lol jk...
uuhhh just to visit and smash i guess.

No but really who are you o_o
look at his location. weird, huh?

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
What's the best way to punish a Marth who's big on fsmashes other than resting out of shield when he gets too close? I keep runnin into em. As much as I've taught my friend, he still loves fsmashing me almost every chance he gets.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
There's that thing where you roll towards them almost at the same frame when he starts the FSmash, and you can rest before his lagtime ends. Its the most hilarious thing if you can time it right.

And at Desh/Idea, lol I'm some little kid who plays with some friends who are older than me who wants to play competitively. I want to know where I stand is the main reason why I want to play you guys. btw I live on the north-east end of Scarborough...

idea

Smash Master
What's the best way to punish a Marth who's big on fsmashes other than resting out of shield when he gets too close? I keep runnin into em. As much as I've taught my friend, he still loves fsmashing me almost every chance he gets.
i don't know, i suck at this too X_X but i'm pretty impatient, that might be the problem for both of us. probably more patience + more shield would help.

you could wavedash out of shield to grab too, but i've never thought to do this at the time so i'm not sure how easy it is to get over to where marth is in time. but he's probably expecting an aerial if you shield the fsmash...

yes, i've just convinced myself to start doing that. shield more and wavedash out of shield to grab.

There's that thing where you roll towards them almost at the same frame when he starts the FSmash, and you can rest before his lagtime ends. Its the most hilarious thing if you can time it right.

And at Desh/Idea, lol I'm some little kid who plays with some friends who are older than me who wants to play competitively. I want to know where I stand is the main reason why I want to play you guys. btw I live on the north-east end of Scarborough...
age doesn't matter, i played with someone who was 14 at york yesterday. stos is like 16. and then adnan is 22 or 23 and that never seems to bother him.

Pi

Smash Hero
As a samus
I'm curious to know how good her Nair is vs. Puff
My friend who plays puff has started spamming Bairs now, and actually waiting for me to attack before he try's to hit me (crazy, I know, lol), and with this I can't find many options as far as approaching goes, but Nair seems to work quite well. Also wavedash into Up angled Ftilt or Utilt works on occasions if I can get in, same with wavedash shield UB.

Any way, I would juss like to know if any of you puff guys have found ways around Nair, or if you have any advice for a samus in this matchup :)

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I believe you can also let go of your shield and just FSmash him. Or USmash.

Idea: I'm younger than Stos lol. I want to play you guys though xD

idea

Smash Master
i know you are, i was just sayin'. doesn't really matter.

if you're close enough to upsmash him then you probably could have rested...but upsmash hits him above you so that's not too bad either.

i dunno what samus can do, i mostly just throw out aerials against her. it doesn't seem to matter which ones =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KA23KS2syg

this is old but might help. looks like a lot of late aerials and spacing...and yeah, ftilt, uptilt.

Pi

Smash Hero
i know you are, i was just sayin'. doesn't really matter.

if you're close enough to upsmash him then you probably could have rested...but upsmash hits him above you so that's not too bad either.

i dunno what samus can do, i mostly just throw out aerials against her. it doesn't seem to matter which ones =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KA23KS2syg

this is old but might help. looks like a lot of late aerials and spacing...and yeah, ftilt, uptilt.
I like hugs's recovery, saving his jump, nairing

I'll try to work that in

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
why does mango keep uthrowing peach?

i saw like a thousand times he uthrow armada then gets hit with peach bair on the way down

or atleast uthrow and set up the bair on the slower fair side of peach?
cos peach is weak from above
and below peach is a good tactical place to be

Tamoo

Smash Master
which are the safest/most used ways to pull off a rest against a Sheik?
shiek is piss easy to rest

utilt and uair are standard
then there are the crouches. You can crouch under things like her grab and jab and rest them so in all, a pretty fun matchup :)

and its all pretty safe cos the worst the can do to you is usmash really

idea

Smash Master
shield sheik's fsmash to rest. i think i've rested her out of downsmash before. maybe i shielded it and she was really close...same for her dair...and i guess the inside of bair...

cc her...hah, probably any of her tilts at various percents. she doesn't even need to space them THAT badly...

mostly just keep in mind that it feels like sheik takes a lot of lag from things that hit her up. you have more time than you think to rest her after an uptilt/upair/lol maybe upsmash

i would go for upairs and crouch a lot.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
whenever I try to rest dsmash out of shield I get hit by it =(

You can jump out to rest her after she hits your shield with her upsmash, kind of like with fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom