• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
mango are u goin to to4...the following monday is no school because of martin luther king day so no johns and it will be beast..so far drephen is going with his crew. canada, slient wolf, eggz, tri state, m2k, jman, va,md. the carolinas. mid south and of course florgia- florida and ga..its going to be great and i can house u and pick u up from the atl airport...come ull have fun
oooo

I hope dreph and m2k play again :p

PB&J

Smash Hero
dreph is not going to get to m2k...there are alot of top people going and i doubt drephen will get top 5...there is shiz jman, ksn,tope,canada,hbox,lambchops, and many more coming so ill doubt it...we will see..what do i know i main nana

idea

Smash Master
he explains it somewhere in the earlier comments. if i remember correctly...auto smash di down (c-stick) and regular di it down+toward them...so if they're to the right of you, di down+right (depending on how the move works though).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
May I know what the Box Tag is for? Does it help with aiming something? If so, how does it work? P-p-please don't **** me... T_T I'm new.. I think..
It's just a tag mango came up with sometime ago. Nothing beyond that. It's just a fad that caught on.

Not that it's a dumb fad, I think there is a pack of hacks in that **** box, but it's nothing beyond yet another tag.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
so mango, i stumbled across this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei-iOIN32i4&NR=1
and was wondering how they do it. do you just di down and tech or what? thanx
I've been spreading this around for a while now. You just ASDI downwards with the both sticks.

Is this method banned in tournaments? Because I've never ever seen anyone use it other than myself. Heck, I've never even seen anyone using any sort of DI when they hit after they rested. I would say it should be banned because it will make resting even less punishable.

I'm not sure, but I've also heard you can double stick DI to get this effect when your shield is broken? Well, obviously you can't using Jigglypuff, seeing as you just blow up.

idea

Smash Master
no, it's not banned =P and it's not as good as it looks. things that lift you off the ground kill you regardless of DI at high enough percents. it's more like a cool trick really.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Double sticks are so hard. @_@

I've been praticing Jiggs vs Falcon Punch like all night, and I've gotten it like once. :/

In the video comments, Magus says CStick down and Control Stick down and away.

I just can nevereverever time the tech right. :[ Any advice?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
hold L before you hit the sticks maybe.
that's how I do ledge techs, I hold L and then slam the stick toward the stage.
You can hold the sticks, not slam them for double techs.

And since when can you hold L for ledgetechs? Or any techs? o_O

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea def. He got a lot better. I remember when I first played him at a toywiz tourney wayyy back. Chunk a Monk beat him in the crew battle lolz

His Falco impressed me but this is a Jiggs thread so yea.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Yea def. He got a lot better. I remember when I first played him at a toywiz tourney wayyy back. Chunk a Monk beat him in the crew battle lolz

His Falco impressed me but this is a Jiggs thread so yea.
LOL those pix are stuff up on the TSA page hahaha

7/14/06 - Should have been something I posted a week ago, but we came through with our first official crew battle against HRP! 6 on 6 crew battle with PE. 1 as our alternate, the stakes were $1 and having the members of the losing crew sign their names on the bill. We won with 7 stocks left, and our MVP for the battle is Cactuar, who held on through and wrecked through 2 of their members and knocked out 2 more stocks from his third opponent before finally losing! Be sure to congratulate him for doing a job well done! I've got the bill on me now and, yes, I'm planning on framing it. TSA is getting stronger and better! Let's keep kicking some ***!

Thanks to Doyoung2win for these pictures of our victory:

Our prize dollar with the signatures of HRP members:

Group photo (with exception of copy, hbk, sensei and raptorhawk ):

too ****ing good.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
JunlgeFever is just bad ignore him.

I wanna know my NY jiggs competition I don't know any Jigg mains in NY besides me
Honestly I don't really have a main at the moment, though I've been playing Marth the most, the reason for my sig and main pic.

I play Jiggs quite a bit though. I see you're in Rockland County? Orange County here. Nothing going on around here at allllllll.

Popertop

Smash Champion
You can hold the sticks, not slam them for double techs.

And since when can you hold L for ledgetechs? Or any techs? o_O
well, I say hold because in Brawl the tech's are more immediate, but in Melee you have a window of 20 frames I think, so you hold the button you want to tech with 1/3 of a second before you hit the surface you are teching off of.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I've been spreading this around for a while now. You just ASDI downwards with the both sticks.

Is this method banned in tournaments? Because I've never ever seen anyone use it other than myself. Heck, I've never even seen anyone using any sort of DI when they hit after they rested. I would say it should be banned because it will make resting even less punishable.

I'm not sure, but I've also heard you can double stick DI to get this effect when your shield is broken? Well, obviously you can't using Jigglypuff, seeing as you just blow up.
You don't ASDI with both sticks, that isn't even possible.
You ASDI with the C-Stick and regular DI perpendicular to the distance you are flying (not up like you would do normally, but down)

Oh and for teching you can just press the button once, no need to hold it.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
You can ASDI with the regular stick. That's the main way to ASDI.
But if you're holding the c-stick in a direction is aswell it will ASDI in that direction (since the c-stick has higher button priority).
So if you're holding both the control sticks in the same direction the c-stick won't make any difference. The only time you'll want to use the control stick and the c-stick is if you want to regular DI in one direction and ASDI in another direction.

Tero.

Smash Champion
You can ASDI with the regular stick. That's the main way to ASDI.
But if you're holding the c-stick in a direction is aswell it will ASDI in that direction (since the c-stick has higher button priority).
So if you're holding both the control sticks in the same direction the c-stick won't make any difference. The only time you'll want to use the control stick and the c-stick is if you want to regular DI in one direction and ASDI in another direction.
However you can't ASDI with both sticks at the same time and that's the point we are talking about.
You don't need to tell us things we allready know mike :)

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
well, I say hold because in Brawl the tech's are more immediate, but in Melee you have a window of 20 frames I think, so you hold the button you want to tech with 1/3 of a second before you hit the surface you are teching off of.
Oooooh! I see what you mean. Silly me.

i love how mango still asnwers questions and stuff
He's busy ******, somewhere.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
You don't ASDI with both sticks, that isn't even possible.
You ASDI with the C-Stick and regular DI perpendicular to the distance you are flying (not up like you would do normally, but down)

Oh and for teching you can just press the button once, no need to hold it.
Thanks.

For those of you who still have any questions, I'll copy and paste what Magus said on the comments to his video. He explained it very clearly.

"Before or as you're getting hit hold perpendicular to the direction you're sent normally towards the ground/wall/etc on the control stick, and hold the c-stick directly towards the ground/wall/etc. Then hit L or R to tech before you're hit (I think it's within 1/3 of a second before you get set flying). So for marth's f-smash on level ground, if you go diag up/left, hold down/left on control, down on c-stick, and then tech. "

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
However you can't ASDI with both sticks at the same time and that's the point we are talking about.
You don't need to tell us things we allready know mike :)
oops, I thought you meant you can only ASDI with the c-stick and regular DI with the normal stick :laugh:
I misunderstood you, my bad XD

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
So yea. Mang0 rocked his Puff on Pink Shinobi at WCSL.

I told him I'd unsubscribe if he lost as Puff.

Mang0 doesn't disappoint :D

But if you want me to to keep that crown warm for you, man, I'm gonna need to practice with you :(

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
ya even tho you lost to ss with your puff it is still freakin ultamite. you should definentlly keep playin it.or at least keep it skillz up to date. you know break it out here and there to keep it fresh

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
We all know about the running and shielding thing. We can see it done in Mango's vids, but what other effective approaches are there? I also have the same problem, and running -> shield gets predictable at times.

And what if they like to spam grabs? Because, you know, grab = TIPPER.

idea

Smash Master
otherwise just space aerials. for grabs, hope they standing or JC grab. marth's dashing grab can reach you, but his other ones can't, and even his dashing one doesn't have as much range as you'd expect (enough for you to want to avoid it, but it's not as big as his standing grab, for example). so given that, crouching is good. crouching is good anyway, you're hard to hit and automatically CC things =P

but yeah, mostly, space aerials (bair/fair...upair rest works at low % though) and run up + shield. you really have to be inventive vs. marth, bait things out of him.

oh and one thing i like to do...if you're on a stage with platforms, like yoshi's or DL64, dthrow them near the middle of the stage to techchase rest. on marth, at low % you usually have time to rest him if he DIs to go straight up, and if he goes to the platform you can follow him and rest him. for some reason a lot of canadians tech in place when i do this =P but no matter what they do you can get them, as long as you react fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom