• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
m2k made a post about how brawl falco is just about gayness much in the same manner that melee puff is just about gayness, just look that up.

idea

Smash Master
i often play dedede or marth in brawl. they're based around spacing and actually have approaches. and then metaknight sometimes. after playing metaknight i forget what all those other characters are for.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
m2k made a post about how brawl falco is just about gayness much in the same manner that melee puff is just about gayness, just look that up.
I could have sworn YOU made a hilarious post about Brawl Falco not too long ago.

idea

Smash Master
play marth =D spam side-b =D it's even easier than metaknight, just doesn't work as well. you only have to vaguely hit them with part of the first hit (or even their shield) and by the last one you'll be hitting them most likely. i dunno, there are probably places to grab out of it if it's too slow or something, but if they do, it's not like they're gonna get combos off or punish you in any way, so just start spacing fairs =P

plan B: BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

idea

Smash Master
yeah, what were they thinking? when i first started using that in ssb64 i wondered why it would never work. then occasionally the enemy would just explode, and i'd be like WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?! crazy game. my friends and i were so excited when we started figuring out what all the moves were. "oh, if you're kirby and press down + b, that's ROCK SMASH"

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i went puff against

ss yesterday

and got *****

ill post the vid sometime

sigh my puff sucks now its

all slow =(

PB&J

Smash Hero
just practice ur puff again ...anyway are u going to to4 because i can house u and who ever u are coming with ..pick u p from airport what ever....hit me on aim-itsgotabetheshoe..peace

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey MaNg0 I'm using Puff in melee now she's way too good.

I have trouble vs Shiek and Marth though waht do I do in those matchups?

Like, Marth can just Utilt all day, and Shiek is just gay lol.
Is it just mixing up my approach or what?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
How do

you beat

a campy Fox

that just grabs to

U-Throw?

I tried to get him

off the edge

but then he just runs

away and lasers me

while running to the center

of the stage

forcing me to go to him

Popertop

Smash Champion
fox is a little easier for me.
just crouch under the lasers, and mix up your approach in the air.
watch out for his bair it's fast.
of course there's more to it than that.
but pay careful attention to his tendencies and think about what you can do to punish them.

idea

Smash Master
fox has to be near you eventually...those two characters can really destroy each other, so i find mostly you need to get quick kills on him the way he will on you. so you can 1) use the hungrybox method, which essentially means throwing them off the stage and edgeguarding with aerials, or 2) combo into rest a lot. i find the latter more fun =) upthrow-rest of course works, but fox can be hard to grab, so you can also try mixing in upairs with the bairs and fairs, and i like using reverse nair to uptilt a lot (don't even have to L-cancel it)

oh, also with fox (i'm still working on this myself) i'm told when he upthrows you can smash DI out of the strong hit of upair. one way is to dash dance as he hits you and hope that works (supposedly kdj does that) or to DI one way from the upthrow, and then the other way when the upair connects, so that hopefully you'll be pushed out after the first hit.

vs. sheik...crouch a lot, hope she doesn't think to stop JCing her grabs. sheik has difficulty grabbing you when you're crouching, so if the opponent doesn't know how they probably won't be able to, and once she misses the grab you can grab her, or do moves, or just rest her in the lag. rest combos work well on her. and edgeguarding is important...if you can force her to up-b onto the stage, rest.

vs. marth...you have to be as patient as he is X_X try to bait things from him and just generally don't rush in. running up with shield works a lot, and if you can get them offstage, try to force them to up-b onstage so you can rest them or continue edgeguarding (thanks for that hbox, but most good marths won't recover onstage vs. a jigglypuff anyway).

tl:dr...marth - be slow and edgeguard well
sheik - crouch a lot, rest combos work, edgeguarding is important
fox - use all of jigglypuff's most broken tactics...don't camp though, that's boring

^ i don't suck, some of that is probably worth reading =P

Popertop

Smash Champion
fox has to be near you eventually...those two characters can really destroy each other, so i find mostly you need to get quick kills on him the way he will on you. so you can 1) use the hungrybox method, which essentially means throwing them off the stage and edgeguarding with aerials, or 2) combo into rest a lot. i find the latter more fun =) upthrow-rest of course works, but fox can be hard to grab, so you can also try mixing in upairs with the bairs and fairs, and i like using reverse nair to uptilt a lot (don't even have to L-cancel it)

oh, also with fox (i'm still working on this myself) i'm told when he upthrows you can smash DI out of the strong hit of upair. one way is to dash dance as he hits you and hope that works (supposedly kdj does that) or to DI one way from the upthrow, and then the other way when the upair connects, so that hopefully you'll be pushed out after the first hit.

vs. sheik...crouch a lot, hope she doesn't think to stop JCing her grabs. sheik has difficulty grabbing you when you're crouching, so if the opponent doesn't know how they probably won't be able to, and once she misses the grab you can grab her, or do moves, or just rest her in the lag. rest combos work well on her. and edgeguarding is important...if you can force her to up-b onto the stage, rest.

vs. marth...you have to be as patient as he is X_X try to bait things from him and just generally don't rush in. running up with shield works a lot, and if you can get them offstage, try to force them to up-b onstage so you can rest them or continue edgeguarding (thanks for that hbox, but most good marths won't recover onstage vs. a jigglypuff anyway).

tl:dr...marth - be slow and edgeguard well
sheik - crouch a lot, rest combos work, edgeguarding is important
fox - use all of jigglypuff's most broken tactics...don't camp though, that's boring

^ i don't suck, some of that is probably worth reading =P
cool.
Against Fox, Backwards Nair also combos into rest, and to smash DI out of the Uair, you just tap away from them reallly fast.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, nair rest works on many characters, but i find it less reliable than other things...and especially with fox, you have so many other options. but it's very useful if you can get it to work often.

also drill grabs work (thanks sliq). the timing for the drill is weird, but dair is way easier to hit with than a grab, so in theory that's a really good move too. or you could just drill rest, but...easy to miss.

such a silly character...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kyle, you play gay.

Not nearly as gay as me but you're gay.

I'm up 4-1 and I run past you and you just jab and I shield. And then you jab again and I'm dumb because I've light shielded and try to WD past you and you F-smash me and then gimp me twice with Rest because I fail.

You're gay.

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, you play gay.

Not nearly as gay as me but you're gay.

I'm up 4-1 and I run past you and you just jab and I shield. And then you jab again and I'm dumb because I've light shielded and try to WD past you and you F-smash me and then gimp me twice with Rest because I fail.

You're gay.
wow, i don't remember this. i seem to play best in the early hours of the morning though.

idea

Smash Master
good =D i don't really want to play jigglypuff vs. someone if it's just going to piss them off. (if they make themselves mad that doesn't count) plus, approaching is fun

fox is SO much fun though...i can run at people with moves and it'll work...and i can combo out of everything...

so is marth. there's something about his sword that's so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom