• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Tech in place is the fastest tech in terms of total time. So it forces the Puff to be quick and if it makes no difference, going left or right or center (she can still hit you) then you might as well try to make her be perfect when she does it.

Sort of like how people DI away from Sheik's CG at low low low percents. Does it work? No. But it shrinks their window of error so small hesitation will ruin it easier.

I've thought about not teching and then doing the non-tech --> stand or non-tech --> attack options when you approach to try and dodge Rest using the invincibility granted for those, but the obvious flaw with that would be you simply waiting underneath.

Still, it might be an interesting thing to mix in. Ideally vs Puff if you're hit onto a platform you try to recover ASAP and mix in awkward things at odd intervals to keep them on their toes. It shouldn't work, but a lot of characters' vs Puff game is based on human error so

*shrug*

idea

Smash Master
i would find it harder if you did a getup attack. maybe it's just me, but usually when i rest people on platforms, it's cause they did what i was expecting them to. and since you guys usually tech in place i've just started expecting that. everyone used to roll the opposite way against me, so i would jump up then immediately float to the other side and rest. i suppose it looks nice if it seems like i'm reacting to your movements, but most of the time it's cause you did the right thing =P

other than that, getup attack just seems harder to time, since i can't be standing right next to you waiting for the movement to finish (which i can with the other options).

although over time i'd get better at following and resting. and occasionally i still do, like vs. bernard and ryan when i absolutely have to do stuff like that to get kills.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Full hop Fair against Marth is amazing. I never realized how good it was.

So crouch, run->shield, and full hop fair. D-Throws at low percent may result in a rest, depending on their DI. That's about all the tricks I know of. Anything else?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ive given up on giving puff advice on this

thread

u guys can just aim me

and ill talk 2 u there

=D

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Full hop Fair against Marth is amazing. I never realized how good it was.

So crouch, run->shield, and full hop fair. D-Throws at low percent may result in a rest, depending on their DI. That's about all the tricks I know of. Anything else?
yeah bairs work too...

you just have to hit it with them as you are falling diagonally towards them.

Crouch wavedashing is good.

A back throw on marth off the edge is just as good as a back throw on fox. after throwing, Just try to hit them one, get on the edge, quickly ledgehop to restore invincibility, and then chuckle as marth is forced to dolphin slash thru you and become vulnerable on the stage.

then you rest.

Marth is all about spacing.

I was playing my friend's fox today. I got rusty at that matchup. For some reason i keep missing edgeguards and not L-cancelling. Lol. It'll come back to me.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I just thought of something: dair into f-smash..with bad DI the opponent (as long as its not a fast-faller) will stay in the air enough for an F-smash..it may be too laggy of an option, but I'd like some opinions on it.
lol during all years i played puff i wasn't able to l-cancel dair once

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
What are good stage counterpicks against a Sheik? And is Brimstar really a good choice? I thought Sheik was good there.
Well ban Battlefield...she likes to dance on that stage.

Dreamland is good, FD is really good because she has no platforms...Bigger stages are better when fighting sheik. All in all, it shouldn't matter because Sheik is quite easy to rest.

Just crouch her...[anything] and then rest. Or uptilt rest. She's easy to rest after utilt.

I don't pick Brinstar. Hell, I never use counterpicks. MAYBE mute city. I think neutrals are great for jiggs. CP's are good for jiggs in teams matches.

One more thing: never miss an L-cancel against sheik.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
mango bring ss with you if you ever come to the east coast so he can go against cactuar.

and so u can beat m2k again

i bet you 25 bucks cactuar will post here.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Bernie you should try playing Jiggs. You can spam Nair Shine and Dair Shine with her only you only need it to work once to take a stock which is pretty sick. You can also even duck grabs and shine people out of them only you don't need complicated finger inputs afterwards; they just die.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey Mango I need some advice, I have this friend whom I play quite often that uses fox and if he ever lands a grab on me it is a guaranteed upthrow -> uair no matter how I DI it...

You're a jerk. I just want you to know that.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, there's no way to beat a Fox like that. Pick up someone else. I don't know who. Anyone have any suggestions?

HowdYdoo

Smash Cadet
Tier list isn't everything, but fox has a pretty good matchup against everyone I think. You can always go IC and infinite grab them lol.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Hey Mango I need some advice, I have this friend whom I play quite often that uses fox and if he ever lands a grab on me it is a guaranteed upthrow -> uair no matter how I DI it...

You're a jerk. I just want you to know that.
the fox is me people

lol

Amide

Smash Lord
i feel special

=D

i dont play puff anymore b/c of marth

=(

but fox is fun so yay

tickytoc

Smash Apprentice
fox is soooo fun to play when your puff

if my friend is is u-throw u-airing me too much i just u-throw rest every single time.

sooo fun this game we play is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom