• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stryks presents: War of the clubs 2.0! UPDATE: 18/03/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Now we have to make a full moveset? Jesus christ!
Meh. I can manage with that (after all, I did make a Meta-Ridley and Dark Samus moveset a couple years ago during the time I supported them for SSBB). Making a complete moveset for my Ridley/Mewtwo hybrid should be just as easy, if not easier. :)

wait why are u guys makin movesets?
Wait... so we don't have to make movesets for our characters'? :confused:

Ah well. Either way's fine with me.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
All I'm saying is, there is a whole lot of random chatting in this thread, and there doesn't seem to be enough art in this topic to warrant it's humongous page number. This is the Artwork Emporium, not the Pool Room or a regional room.

I mean, seriously, 5000 posts, just for maybe 20 drawings? Please cut down the unrelated chatter in here.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Now THATS something we agree on, i know theres a lot of spam, but most of the guys are characters in the comic, so u cant blame them, but yeah, ill tyr and add some order here...

touh im glad the whole 'this should be in the game forum' thing is over, i get very pissed when someone says that >.<

antimatter

Smash Lord
we dont have to do that, i was just doing that to say what my powers were, and other people decided to join in.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Oh meh. What the heyul..

OH GOD I HAD A GREAT IDEA JUST NOW.

What if battles actually was worked out like in a real Smash Bros Game?
That'd be epic.

As for my look, I shall draw up a crappy MS paint style of what I should expect. Scanner is brokencakes so I decided to show you mah drawin'..

EDIT: OKAY NEVERMIND.

I look like a guy with a rainbowy jester hat which changes colors alot but not seizureworthy but as a hair or whatever , wearing a tophat (Duh.). I have a green tux with purple arm collars and have some kind of silver Geno cape but isnt Geno's around my shoulders to make the superhero feelin'. Then I have these pants that look like monster eyes or whatever. White gloves. Face is like one of those opera masks, only i'm happy and content. As for shoes, hell, make it fancy or whatever.

I had drawn this out perfectly and if I had shown you my moderate drawing skills I probally could have made this a bit clearer.

Skills are things such as card flinging and pulling things out of a hat. I has a sword made of Shadows and I can bend it by will. However, bending is limited as well as the pulling things out of a hat. Myess.. Jester style. We needs a jester... mmmmnoo?

Yes my tastes are discreeeeet but you get my point.

EDIT2: Make that a Greek Drama mask or whatever.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well when u can send me the pic of ur character, send it to me via PM, and post it here too if u want...

IDK, doing it SSB style would be cool dont get me wrong, but I have a lot of ideas that just wouldnt work, and I like my ideas, and u will too eventually XD, tough making the beaten guys into trophies, i kinda like the idea...

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
ok, here goes nothing:

an easy model to follow on this sort of writing is the Monomyth also known as the 'Hero's Journey' It's pretty well summed up in the Wikipedia article linked (I checked the sources)
simply plug the main protagonist (Stryks) in and build the rest of the story around him.
See also: http://library.thinkquest.org/19300/data/Odyssey/odysseus2.htm

for other characters, I suggests fitting each of the characters to the Stock Character that best fits them and develop from there. (the "See Also" list is also a good thing to look at)

Hope this helps

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Lanky has been added! Nice filler Stryks! :p And I guess I could draw ma character. Funzies!

I will not make a moveset! My brain hurts from reading a Dr. Seuss book, I can't imagine what it would do if I tried to think up a moveset.......

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Alright!

*checks finances*

*whimpers*
:(

Yes. I've been keeping tabs. :D
Aww. -hugs the Prime-
Hurry Stryks! I want to hug Prime in the comic too!

wait why are u guys makin movesets?
'Cause they felt like it, I guess. Mine shouldn't be anything funky or weird, so I won't deal with that.

I mean, seriously, 5000 posts, just for maybe 20 drawings? Please cut down the unrelated chatter in here.
It's a bit hard I mean, it's a comic about... us.

Ok, WOO BRAWL!
Oh man, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping for next few weeks, the explosions are still going on in my head.
I haven't tried the online mode to see if it works (I do have wi-fi, the connection just sucks), so I don't have my FC to give off to, but frankly at this point I... suck so there'd be no point. The controls are very difficult to get ahold of because they're all over the place and I find it a bit hard to master aerials, I've basically gone through the SSE with mostly A button ground attacks and I'll need to be able to master those in time. Maybe I'm at a disadvantage cause the controls seem to be better suited for... people with big hands? Being short and female is extra hard sometimes!! I'll probably be using the wii-mote horizontally and that's something I'll try sometime later today. I often find myself disconnecting with the characters I use and forget where in the screen they are for a second, and my sensitivity to lights and sounds isn't helping either but I'll hope to overcome that. The only character I've managed to more or less get used to is Meta Knight. Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm maining him by now. :p I've only gotten about 30% into the SSE with the help of my sister (as 2P) so I still have a lot to do.~

Also, I have an idea to both cut down and the spam and put more artwork; why don't we make our own minicomics/fanart?

T-major

Smash Champion
:(Ok, WOO BRAWL!
Oh man, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping for next few weeks, the explosions are still going on in my head.
I haven't tried the online mode to see if it works (I do have wi-fi, the connection just sucks), so I don't have my FC to give off to, but frankly at this point I... suck so there'd be no point. The controls are very difficult to get ahold of because they're all over the place and I find it a bit hard to master aerials, I've basically gone through the SSE with mostly A button ground attacks and I'll need to be able to master those in time. Maybe I'm at a disadvantage cause the controls seem to be better suited for... people with big hands? Being short and female is extra hard sometimes!! I'll probably be using the wii-mote horizontally and that's something I'll try sometime later today. I often find myself disconnecting with the characters I use and forget where in the screen they are for a second, and my sensitivity to lights and sounds isn't helping either but I'll hope to overcome that. The only character I've managed to more or less get used to is Meta Knight. Yep, I'm pretty sure I'm maining him by now. :p I've only gotten about 30% into the SSE with the help of my sister (as 2P) so I still have a lot to do.~
.... sounds like you don't play many video games... :p

Also, I have an idea to both cut down and the spam and put more artwork; why don't we make our own minicomics/fanart?
I approve!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey I know owe colbs a profile, but seriously I barely have time for COMICS...

its been hard, i mean with one weekof spring break, ud think I would upload more rite? WRONG, cause I have 2 exams on monday, which are really hard, and to top it all, I got 3 programs I got 2 do by monday... so yeah... and then thres brawl XD

but yeah Ill try working on the character, though colbs can u send me a pic of the weapons u wanted? think i lost the PM...

Seriously guys dont give me character descriptions, just give me some drawing, even if its just a doodle, i find it easier and less chance of mesing it up...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey I know owe colbs a profile, but seriously I barely have time for COMICS...

its been hard, i mean with one weekof spring break, ud think I would upload more rite? WRONG, cause I have 2 exams on monday, which are really hard, and to top it all, I got 3 programs I got 2 do by monday... so yeah... and then thres brawl XD

but yeah Ill try working on the character, though colbs can u send me a pic of the weapons u wanted? think i lost the PM...

Seriously guys dont give me character descriptions, just give me some drawing, even if its just a doodle, i find it easier and less chance of mesing it up...
Do you need one of Ganondorf? >.>

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Oh man, a new comic! Nice. Seems like a filler, but nice.

But I know how you feel man. I'm in spring break as well, but I have to write THE big paper for this semester, so between Brawl, work, and that, I barely have time to do anything.

But you don't have to rush my profile. I've said it before, take as much time as you need. But you need the weapons again? Sure, I remember what I want. Let me find them really quick, and I'll post them here. If not now, then after I get back from work.

And I'm very sorry about last night's match. I'm being serious when I say the controller I was using went weird on me. You saw me walking to one side and I crawled a little, right? Yeah, the control stick was sticking a little. Spent 3 hours last night fixing that controller and another which had broken pieces rattling on the inside. Managed to fix the second one, but the first one's control stick doesn't even work AT ALL! So yeah, I may spend more time trying to fix that tonight. If not, then eh...it was just an extra controller used for Action Replay on the last Smash (for some d*** reason, Action Replay refuses to use Wavebird controllers, and I had 4 of those. Had to buy one with a cord)

EDIT: Weapons time!!

So I have 4 weapons I want to use. Two I want to hold in my hands, and the other two are stored and switched out later. But, like Smash, you don't see them in the comic unless I'm holding them. However, for the profile, put these where I say I want them.

Holding in right hand-Master Sword

Just got a full shot of the sword and a close up. Don't know why the closeup has the wrong colors, but just color it like the first one, and we'll be good.

Holding in left hand-RCP-90

Those guns the player is holding...that's the RCP-90. It's from Goldeneye. It's like a machine gun, so sorry I couldn't get the whole gun. It shows at least the front, so you can make the back look more machinegun-ish.

On my back-Infinite Rocket Launcher

RE4...such a badass game. Love the Infinite Rocket Launcher. Store this on my back for the profile.

Holstered on my hip-Fire Whip

Ignore the avatar guy. My buddy showed me this website to make an avatar. I'm just showing the whip. It's just a normal whip, expect the tip has flames on it. Totally badass!

So yeah, that's it. You know I want to be Snake, so no point in digging up a picture. Do you remember the pose I want to be in? If not, you can just PM me. I have work stuff to go to, so later guys.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok colbs, sounds easy enough, actually what ill find hard to do is drawing snake, since Ive never drawn him before, meh...

ok right hand master sword
left that machine gun that doesnt look like a machine gun gun
and a fire whip
and the infinite launcher

ok think i got it

gonna play in a few minutes... so bring it!

Patinator

Smash Champion
Oh man, a new comic! Nice. Seems like a filler, but nice.

But I know how you feel man. I'm in spring break as well, but I have to write THE big paper for this semester, so between Brawl, work, and that, I barely have time to do anything.

But you don't have to rush my profile. I've said it before, take as much time as you need. But you need the weapons again? Sure, I remember what I want. Let me find them really quick, and I'll post them here. If not now, then after I get back from work.

And I'm very sorry about last night's match. I'm being serious when I say the controller I was using went weird on me. You saw me walking to one side and I crawled a little, right? Yeah, the control stick was sticking a little. Spent 3 hours last night fixing that controller and another which had broken pieces rattling on the inside. Managed to fix the second one, but the first one's control stick doesn't even work AT ALL! So yeah, I may spend more time trying to fix that tonight. If not, then eh...it was just an extra controller used for Action Replay on the last Smash (for some d*** reason, Action Replay refuses to use Wavebird controllers, and I had 4 of those. Had to buy one with a cord)

EDIT: Weapons time!!

So I have 4 weapons I want to use. Two I want to hold in my hands, and the other two are stored and switched out later. But, like Smash, you don't see them in the comic unless I'm holding them. However, for the profile, put these where I say I want them.

Holding in right hand-Master Sword

Just got a full shot of the sword and a close up. Don't know why the closeup has the wrong colors, but just color it like the first one, and we'll be good.

Holding in left hand-RCP-90

Those guns the player is holding...that's the RCP-90. It's from Goldeneye. It's like a machine gun, so sorry I couldn't get the whole gun. It shows at least the front, so you can make the back look more machinegun-ish.

On my back-Infinite Rocket Launcher

RE4...such a badass game. Love the Infinite Rocket Launcher. Store this on my back for the profile.

Holstered on my hip-Fire Whip

Ignore the avatar guy. My buddy showed me this website to make an avatar. I'm just showing the whip. It's just a normal whip, expect the tip has flames on it. Totally badass!

So yeah, that's it. You know I want to be Snake, so no point in digging up a picture. Do you remember the pose I want to be in? If not, you can just PM me. I have work stuff to go to, so later guys.
Holy crud in a pickle jar! You're NUTS, Colbusman... O_O Machine gun, with a flaming whip, with a sword, with an INFINITE ROCKET LAUNCHER. YOU should be designed after Conker the squirrel, not Gypsy Lee... Sheesh.

Isma, did you draw your sig yourself?

Yowza momma. :p

I thought you hated Krystal/her supporters/club members, Red Darkstar Kirby... >_O I say...

...Hypocrite...

EDIT: Okay, I'll post once or twice between comic updates... DX

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Bored... so I done some random specials for myself.

Specials:

Neutral: Twelves beam, I grip my blaster and start to charge it. It is similar to Mega man's fully charged blaster from MM7.

Side: Twelves slash, I take out my beam Katana (Which rests sheathed on my back) and lets out a close range and powerful but quick vertical slash of my Katana directly in front of my. It has a good amount of lag.

Up: Wrath of Ridley, my beam Katana gains a purple glow and the tip of it has the feint shadow of the head of a dragon, I then quickly slash directly upwards, similar to Marth's up B except less horizontal hit range and more powerful (Enemies are left with a purple glow surrounding them after, like the effect caused by G-Dorfs attacks.). It is also extremely quick (Quicker than Marth's) and leaves a purple trail behind it (And you can hear a screech similar to Ridley's), it has more start and end lag than Marth's up B and has a shorter range.

Down: Sticky foot, I throw a sticky grenade at my foot (Halo 3 item), it then explodes, if on the ground it does 25% damage to all within its hit radius and knocks them back a lot, it does 30% damage to myself as well (And I do a small hop in the air, but no normal knock back). If in the air I still does 30% damage to myself and has the same effect on the ground except I am also launched high in the air. I start with 3 and have a limited supply, one returns every 30 seconds.

Also Stryk's who exactly will you focus on more in R.I.D.L.E.Y.? The big characters who make all the decisions (Gypsy, Grim and such) or the members who carry them out (Me, Rey RDK etc)?

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^My girlfriend has a strange affinity for hwhips....wonder why?

And Pat...you can hate someone and think they are sexy! For me thats Shakira!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah Legos and if we end up moving 2gether I have 2 buy her a Pole...

Reys Tail looks good 4 spaghetti

-Ciao

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
MOVESETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt (Specials at least)

Whynotidunno

B: Card Fling. Chargable like Shieks, but only 3 come out, 5% each and knockback similar to Wolf's. Slow to fast speed depending on charged. Looks like playing cards.

B ->= Flash. Medium range move and chargable kinda like Lucarios. The opponent is set into a shield-break state if hit. Duration depends on how long charged. I pretty much charge a SNAP of my fingers and when I snap it sends some weird flash effecty left/right and it sends opponent into a shield-break state. If used in air, it only has relative knockback and 6% damage.

B - Down= Monster Hat. Things I pull out are things such as Mr. Saturns, A Ukkiki, and a Metroid. Metroids suck on heads for about 6%, and supposedly if you keep moving they will stay longer cause they liek em fiesty. They dont exactaly stalk and can be damaged. Damages about 5% or so.. A Ukkiki would either eat a watermelon and shoot 1% seeds x8 or throw a bomb similar to the damage of Link's but aim a farther range without missing, but doesn't lock on. Max 2 monsters so far, cooldown is about 5 seconds. It is NOT usable in the air and if you do use it, doves will fly out doing absolutely nothing but send you backwards (very short) because of the birds flying out.

B - Up= Swirl Swing. I angle myself downwards and swirls depending on how the attack is angled. If used on the ground, it's a equivalent of a Falcon Kick on the ground but instead can send them underground if hit on contact.

Final Smash has been named: Cataract. I go invisible and it only shows my yellow swerved cat eyes like greek but upside down, and stabs/pokes the persons eyes. And knockback as of a medium version of MK's FS. If played Wi-Fi and hit, your opponent will see weird colors, kinda like what a RL cataract is like. Your eye is all blank and different colors and weird shaped, so it'd look kinda weird. Starts for 5 seconds after Super Armor is over if the opponent dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom