• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stryks presents: War of the clubs 2.0! UPDATE: 18/03/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
MOVESETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt (Specials at least)

Whynotidunno

B: Card Fling. Chargable like Shieks, but only 3 come out, 5% each and knockback similar to Wolf's. Slow to fast speed depending on charged. Looks like playing cards.

B ->= Flash. Medium range move and chargable kinda like Lucarios. The opponent is set into a shield-break state if hit. Duration depends on how long charged. I pretty much charge a SNAP of my fingers and when I snap it sends some weird flash effecty left/right and it sends opponent into a shield-break state. If used in air, it only has relative knockback and 6% damage.

B - Down= Monster Hat. Things I pull out are things such as Mr. Saturns, A Ukkiki, and a Metroid. Metroids suck on heads for about 6%, and supposedly if you keep moving they will stay longer cause they liek em fiesty. They dont exactaly stalk and can be damaged. Damages about 5% or so.. A Ukkiki would either eat a watermelon and shoot 1% seeds x8 or throw a bomb similar to the damage of Link's but aim a farther range without missing, but doesn't lock on.

B - Up= Swirl Swing. I angle myself downwards and swirls depending on how the attack is angled. If used on the ground, it's a equivalent of a Falcon Kick on the ground but instead can send them underground if hit on contact.

Final Smash has been named: Cataract. I go invisible and it only shows my yellow swerved cat eyes like greek but upside down, and stabs/pokes the persons eyes. And knockback as of a medium version of MK's FS. If played Wi-Fi and hit, your opponent will see weird colors, kinda like what a RL cataract is like. Your eye is all blank and different colors and weird shaped, so it'd look kinda weird. Starts for 5 seconds after Super Armor is over if the opponent dies.
Pretty cool. It still doesn't stack up against the major lulz my moveset will bring to the comic.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Blackberd Hetlar Rool.

"Hetlar"?

So, is making movesets a necessity or just fun times or stuff?
Frankly I doubt that Stryks will be able to make much use of such elaborate moves...

Hmm. He could, however, give the comic some sort of "battle mode" that emulates battles the way they take place in Smash Bros. Those battles could use sprites, which may or may not be easier to use depending on the distance you view the battle from. Though rough sketches could also work for this...

All I know is that Stryks' current style is extremely inefficient for elaborate action scenes.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^I Bet you Stryks could make an elaborate battle scene...just do the same thing the animators of DBZ did....recycle and conserve!

-Ciao

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
NOW.

I want to give some refferences as to what I want. <3

http://cd3.fireball20xl.com/index.php?id=76

Mask is completely curved though on the sides. The hat is not a hit for me but is actually on me and bells are the same too. Also the droopy sleeves. Take note I found this picture after I got the drawing done so I'm not really copying.

http://www.tuxedosonline.com/images/big/vests/solids/ajpurple(large).jpeg

A tux like this, sometimes sleeves sometimes none.

http://aryanwear.com/images/CamoPants1.jpg

Camo pants or Clown Pants.

Shoes, just make them something wacky, I dun care.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
NOW.

I want to give some refferences as to what I want. <3

http://cd3.fireball20xl.com/index.php?id=76

Mask is completely curved though on the sides. The hat is not a hit for me but is actually on me and bells are the same too. Also the droopy sleeves. Take note I found this picture after I got the drawing done so I'm not really copying.

http://www.tuxedosonline.com/images/big/vests/solids/ajpurple(large).jpeg

A tux like this, sometimes sleeves sometimes none.

http://aryanwear.com/images/CamoPants1.jpg

Camo pants or Clown Pants.

Shoes, just make them something wacky, I dun care.
I think you just stole my title as wierdest-looking character.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
I also have a tie, pattern is red and black going diagnolly downwards.

As for the sleeves to the shirt, I have a collar like on a dress shirt where your wrist should be, thats blue and has a star on it. Greek and Black long socks should go nicely.

Yes. My style of expertise is humor, monsters, and being just plain odd.

EDIT 23.512: Up special is now called Mimic. It's an odd move, because it gives some air time and whatever the opponent is doing, you do this too. Why is that good? Because, the abillity gives you a jump back. If the opponent doesn't do anything, well, it's some Corkscrew-type flying punch.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I also have a tie, pattern is red and black going diagnolly downwards.

As for the sleeves to the shirt, I have a collar like on a dress shirt where your wrist should be, thats blue and has a star on it. Greek and Black long socks should go nicely.

Yes. My style of expertise is humor, monsters, and being just plain odd.

EDIT 23.512: Up special is now called Mimic. It's an odd move, because it gives some air time and whatever the opponent is doing, you do this too. Why is that good? Because, the abillity gives you a jump back. If the opponent doesn't do anything, well, it's some Corkscrew-type flying punch.
If you were in Brawl, I'd definitely main you.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
Taunts!

Negative Taunt: A taunting snap gun. You know, when you snap your fingers and make a gun? Like that. "Cha cha cha!"
Side: Drops on ground real quick and relaxes with arms supporting my head. "Such a breeze."
Down: A quick knock to the noggin. "Heh."
Up: A bunch of short uppercuts in different directions. Kinda like what a boxer does.

MY GOD I FORGOT.

A tophat.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Aww. -hugs the Prime-
Hurry Stryks! I want to hug Prime in the comic too!
OMG Yays! :) Ridley happy now. <3

The controls are very difficult to get ahold of because they're all over the place
Don't forget, you can use the Gamecube controller in this game if you're more used to that. :)

Maybe I'm at a disadvantage cause the controls seem to be better suited for... people with big hands? Being short and female is extra hard sometimes!!
Ridley is... sorry to hear that. :(
*hugs Rey*

Also, I have an idea to both cut down and the spam and put more artwork; why don't we make our own minicomics/fanart?
Hmm. Not a bad idea...

Although I've never really made a comic before, I have made a couple semi-decent sigs, so it shouldn't be too hard for Ridley once he gets it down.

But I know how you feel man. I'm in spring break as well, but I have to write THE big paper for this semester, so between Brawl, work, and that, I barely have time to do anything.
Same here, not to mention, Ridley has 2 big projects to do (not just one big paper). :(

All this makes spring break seem useless, or rather, not much of a break...

That's from Gaiaonline. :laugh:
:o Ridley recalls being there before (was only for a short time though). *still has it saved under favorites* >.>

Also Stryk's who exactly will you focus on more in R.I.D.L.E.Y.? The big characters who make all the decisions (Gypsy, Grim and such) or the members who carry them out (Me, Rey RDK etc)?
Um... Grim left from what I recall (cancelled his pre-order for Brawl and all that). He's long gone.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Notes to self: Rey is short. Blitzkrieg is lazy. My sig is sexy. Mods hate this topic. etc.
fixed. :D
Fixed :p
Isma, did you draw your sig yourself?

Yowza momma. :p
Right.... <.<
I thought you hated Krystal/her supporters/club members, Red Darkstar Kirby... >_O I say...

...Hypocrite...
It's not my fault I'm good at convincing people :p
^^I Bet you Stryks could make an elaborate battle scene...just do the same thing the animators of DBZ did....recycle and conserve!

-Ciao
Truer words haven't been said all day.
For the love of....somebody was stupid enough to set off a bomb today where I was today o.o . It went off all of a sudden, in a trash can. I thought it was funny :chuckle:

RDK

Smash Hero
Just saying, Fawriel's sig wins for great justice.

+10 popularity points to anyone else who actually gets it.

killbeast301

Smash Lord

I understand what it says, but I don't get the reference.
Does that count?

As for my possible moveset...

I am the Monty Python killer rabbit.

^b-OK, I don't know maybe, rabbit float?
vb-pulls out a holy hand grenade of antioch, and I can throw it at people. a weapon from god is a powerfull one indeed.
b- bite: I bite into my foes. seriously, those teeth are sharp and dangerous.
>b-rabbit illusion: similar to fox illusion, but with no starting or ending lag. Hey, rabbits have strong legs.

taunts
up: "he's got big sharp..."
side: "he can leap about..."
down: "look at the bones!"

A-moves: ... uh, rabbits have claws, right? well this one does. My A-moves consist of rabbit punches, and claw scratches. painful, skin ripping scratches. Hear that stryks? I've got a "claw based moveset!"

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley is... sorry to hear that. :(
Yay hugs! <3
It's okay now though, I just stopped gripping the controller from the bottom. XD

A-moves: ... uh, rabbits have claws, right? well this one does. My A-moves consist of rabbit punches, and claw scratches. painful, skin ripping scratches. Hear that stryks? I've got a "claw based moveset!"
...H-hey! <.< Copycat/Clone!! (:p)

Fawriel

Smash Master

+10 popularity points to you, sir!

Haha, I was feeling French yesterday while talking to my mother, so at one point after randomly trying to say French stuff, I spurted out "je ne suis pas une pipe!" "Uh-huh..." "...look, it would be hilarious if you got the reference!"

My character's going to look similar to that, by the way. With a Toon Link hat. And a BFS larger than himself. Hur hur hur.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
For the love of....somebody was stupid enough to set off a bomb today where I was today o.o . It went off all of a sudden, in a trash can. I thought it was funny :chuckle:
Funny? But think of the people that could've gotten hurt by the bomb :( (or the ones that did get hurt by it, if there were any)...

They don't call him the anti-pokemon for nothing :lick:
Holy ****!!!

Even for a character that got programmed to be a lame Master Hand clone and was denied his rightful spot on the roster, that there is stupendous. :)

Yay hugs! <3
<3

It's okay now though, I just stopped gripping the controller from the bottom. XD
OMG Yays! Ridley is happy to hear that. :)

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
ive been unactive latly cause..dont really know why but however what are with the wolf faces, the r.o.b face etc under(way under) the icons? can someone give me a pm cause of my unactivivty please to let me know about it..i want a dedede one..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
ive been unactive latly cause..dont really know why but however what are with the wolf faces, the r.o.b face etc under(way under) the icons? can someone give me a pm cause of my unactivivty please to let me know about it..i want a dedede one..
If you're talking about what I think you are... Go to Edit Profile, and under the Additional Information section, check where it says Brawl Character, and click on the arrow next to it to select which icon/face you want to have.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
My character's going to look similar to that, by the way. With a Toon Link hat. And a BFS larger than himself. Hur hur hur.
... must hug.

What Prime said. <.< People have been putting the characters they main there mostly though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Funny? But think of the people that could've gotten hurt by the bomb :( (or the ones that did get hurt by it, if there were any)...
I did get hurt by it <.<
I'm just like that during situations. I was eating peanuts when we got attacked by a Shark once. I didn't notice til I was finished :p
What Prime said. <.< People have been putting the characters they main there mostly though.
Really? That's what they're for? I just put my fav.(even though I'm pretty good with Zamus).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Really? That's what they're for? I just put my fav.(even though I'm pretty good with Zamus).
-shrug- It's what it's been used for, dunno if that's what it is for.

Holy crap guys, it's March 20th and it's snowing like hell outside, enough for one centimeter to stick to the pavement in 4 minutes. I swear, if I get a snowday tomorrow before my one week vacation I will flippin' kiss Stryks!!

antimatter

Smash Lord
i already get tomorrow off. it's good friday, thought my school's reason for canceling is because there are conferences tonight. i'm not buying it, because every year i've had good friday off and we never even had conferences those days.

anywho, hope you get tomorrow off as well.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well...I get it off because of Spring Break, so yeah...

The only thing good about today...it's my little brother's birthday. He's four today. And I'm d*** sure he's probably bigger than you are, Rey. Good lord, he's a big kid.

Uh, what else...Rey...don't give Stryks the satisfaction. Kiss somebody else. In turn, that will piss of Stryks, and there's nothing more satisfying to me than somebody who is just plain angry. It's a beautiful thing.

IsmaR, amazing artwork. Fawriel, I now hate you for using French. French, both the language and its people, can just die for all I care. Bunch of f***in a**holes. Don't be French Faw! Take in your German roots! Germany is much more interesting and less snooty than the French!

And Stryks...update needed...in the future. What? Gotta stay on topic SOMETIMES, don't we guys?

Fawriel

Smash Master
... must hug.
*tackles*

I will flippin' kiss Stryks!!
O_O

Uh, what else...Rey...don't give Stryks the satisfaction. Kiss somebody else.
*points at himself*

Fawriel, I now hate you for using French. French, both the language and its people, can just die for all I care. Bunch of f***in a**holes. Don't be French Faw! Take in your German roots! Germany is much more interesting and less snooty than the French!
I don't like it when you say stupid things, Colby. =<

Stryks

Smash Hero
I will flippin' kiss Stryks!!

anyway, in the comic the main characters will be mostly the ridley elites and the guys against them, tough the top guys, grim shuma and gypsy will be looking from the sides, cause theyre badass like that, and even tough grims gones hes still part of the storyline, i aint changing the characters depending on present events, otherwise RDK would be wolf instead of falco, lego would be master chief ranting against sakurai, and rey would be hugging everyone besides me...

and ill draw a comictoday, and TRY to upload it before monday, but cant make promises...

**** u RDK and ur wolf, ill get my revenge >.<

and faw was DOES ur sig say, im been scratching my head all day!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
*quick check*

Uh, what else...Rey...don't give Stryks the satisfaction. Kiss somebody else. In turn, that will piss of Stryks, and there's nothing more satisfying to me than somebody who is just plain angry. It's a beautiful thing.
Haha, well, it stopped snowing so yeah. The clouds still seem to be around though...

and rey would be hugging everyone besides me...
Yay!!

And guess what I got?
The friend code!! There's lag sometimes, but now always. I was expecting better from the Atlantic Ocean though. :p

4124-4843-6681 seems to be it. My sister and I are taking turns though, anyway, we're noobs so if you do get to play with us be easy, lawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
FREE BEER AND SXEY PR0NZ!!1!1

now that I got ur attention, believe it or not, the 1st arc of the comic will take around several MONTHS to finish, and thus the 2nd arc, which IMO is a tad better than the 1st arc will take forever to begin, so, ala megaman series, ill begin the 2nd arc soon without finishing the 1st arc, and a lot of stuff has changed, u wont see some characters but many more will appear, a lot of questions like what happend to ridley and such will be answered in time in the 1st arc, this way, characters like faw, colbs, and guys from other clubs like the RMB and such can appear earlier than expected, so yeah, the 1st issue of the 2nd arc will be up in the next update...

(updates will now be like this, one update will be for the 1st arc, the next one for the 2nd arc, then 1st, 2nd, u get the idea...)

RDK

Smash Hero
**** u RDK and ur wolf, ill get my revenge >.<

and faw was DOES ur sig say, im been scratching my head all day!
I can't help it if I'm flipping amazing at Brawl. :lick:

BTW, get Saber on today for teams.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cant, saber doesnt live near my house, and he doesnt have a wii nor brawl, so yeah, maybe saturday?

and wolf is overused, there I said it...

RDK

Smash Hero
Cant, saber doesnt live near my house, and he doesnt have a wii nor brawl, so yeah, maybe saturday?

and wolf is overused, there I said it...
How is Wolf overused?

Maybe by casuals, but we're not casuals, so we don't measure how popular a character is by the majority of Smashers everywhere. We measure how popular a character is by how much he's used within the competitve circle.

And he's not used very much.

Now Toon Link, Ike, and Metaknight are another story.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ive actually met more wolfs than Ikes and TLinks, tough yeah ive met a lot of MKs, still Everyone I face uses wolf, seriously, im not saying u do it, but most just spam the smash attacks and the laser...

Big wolf fan, but I wont use him...

anyway isnt ANYONE gonna comment on the news i gave >.<

Stryks

Smash Hero
FREE BEER AND SXEY PR0NZ!!1!1

now that I got ur attention, believe it or not, the 1st arc of the comic will take around several MONTHS to finish, and thus the 2nd arc, which IMO is a tad better than the 1st arc will take forever to begin, so, ala megaman series, ill begin the 2nd arc soon without finishing the 1st arc, and a lot of stuff has changed, u wont see some characters but many more will appear, a lot of questions like what happend to ridley and such will be answered in time in the 1st arc, this way, characters like faw, colbs, and guys from other clubs like the RMB and such can appear earlier than expected, so yeah, the 1st issue of the 2nd arc will be up in the next update...

(updates will now be like this, one update will be for the 1st arc, the next one for the 2nd arc, then 1st, 2nd, u get the idea...)
*cough*
10 angelic gerudo robots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom