• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
the other statement is also negative.
i attempted to punish blanka ultra with dictator's ultra today 4 times and came out on top 0 times.

the results i got:
1. blocked
2. trade and I get knocked down while he is still standing
3. i eat an ultra
I beat blankas ultra with a jab. but it wasnt on start up
he was just sitting there rolling :laugh:

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Oh ****, this thread's so slow these days...

>.>

<.<

So how's everyone liking Championship Mode? I keep hearing about this bug that erases GP but I haven't experienced it yet...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I want Input Display D=

What did PS3 get instead of Input Display?

BTW did you notice that the Gouken had grabs mapped to one button? :laugh:

Mith_

Smash Champion
PS3 got an MvC2 demo instead of input display.

And the fact that noobs like that gouken are in championship mode proves that you can get a better challenge from player matches.

100 pages oh yea

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
yea its pretty lame we dont get the demo, but i still think sf4 is better than mvc2, because theres only like 6 viable characters to use, but in sf4 there is almost no tier list.

the championship update is OK, the replay system sucks tho, i just want a new update that balances characters.

and maybe play character specific music instead of the crappy stage music., or is that too much? :(

Mith_

Smash Champion
nobody has their own stage in this game though.
well, seth has the lab, you could say blanka has the jungle, but you know.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol I actually played a Zangief who did nothing but spam Lariat just yesterday. Of course, I'm a noob so I still lost. :(

I finally got it btw. I'm RMG8S on PSN.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Anyone with a 360 who knows Sakura pretty well wanna play me and give me some tips? I blow bad right now xD

Just starting playing a few days ago.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Chun-Li player. Looking for some badass people to train with and improve.

PLEASE PM ME OR AIM @ KYARI :)

EDIT!!~ Forgot to say, I have 360.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
i still think sf4 is better than mvc2, because theres only like 6 viable characters to use, but in sf4 there is almost no tier list.
Although I love MvC2, Street Fighter IV is THE fighting game. Because it is the True Street Fighter where as MvC2 was intended to be over the top crazy.

i just want a new update that balances characters.
We don't need any balance patches for Street Fighter IV, considering this game is solidly balanced at this point, and more importantly we as players have not truly refined our gameplay of SF:IV yet. Remember that Capcom has probably only started to earn their $$$ back from SF:IV, because if you know the business, you usually don't start seeing the return back $$$ until about now, or if not still slightly later (My cousin who's in the video game business told me this).

So as I stand, no balance update shall be needed, considering the man power, $$$, and everything needed at this point. SF:IV is mad good at this point, so it shouldn't be touched on this part. However anything else like a Music Player or what not would, or basically "special" additions if you will are welcome. I just don't want Capcom messing around with character tweaks until they truly make a new SF:IV Champion Edition.

Also, anyone seen the New Arcadia Magazine Tier Listing???

Before I post it, I will say this...I'm getting so sick and tired of Arcadia posting a Tier Listing every month, it's getting ridiculous, and imo, they should wait at least 2-3 months before doing so, because this month there's been some way mad changes, anyhow, here's the listing posted from srk.com.

Taken from Arcadia Magazine of the June 2009 Magazine

S: Sagat
A: Ryu, Akuma, Zangief
B: Dictator, Rufus, Boxer, Viper, Honda
C: Abel, Fuerte, Dhalsim, Chun, Blanka
D: Ken, Guile
E: Claw

Honda in B? Chunli and Blanka in C??? Ken in D??? :confused:

I've been getting alot of feedback from my Japanese buddies in Tokyo and most agree with this listing. Alot of peeps say Ken doesn't have alot of good anything besides Kara-throw, throw mixups and stating that after awhile his throw mixups become increasingly predictable. Plus his projectile pales to Ryu, can't really link into Ultra, can't footsie as well. However, wow, I'm still amazed he's D. Still I need to see the match up chart, which wasn't given to me.

Anyhow, we'll see if this changes, considering of the drops were very puzzling. However Gouki shooting up to me doesn't come surprising since I stated pages back that I felt Gouki had potential to be Top-4 in SF:IV. Good projectiles, monster zoning, great damage potential, Super and Ultra are good (Try to disagree on this, however play against GOOD Gouki players and you'll know exactly what I mean by his Super/Ultra being good). Etc, etc.

So overall, it's an interesting read, however again, hold this with a grain of salt, things may potentially change again, and most likely will. The only one's whom I can say without a doubt whom are written in stone are Sagat and Ryu at #1 and #2, while the rest of the cast seem to enjoy playing musical chairs.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
wow, Ken in D tier eh? Thats a surprise.

I still need to get more matches in with you guys. My Ken seriously needs the training :)

Mith_

Smash Champion
how to get good with ken:

step 1: pick ken
step 2: stop using fierce dragon punch
step 3: ???
step 4: profit

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't really agree with this tier list.
Dictator's too high, Boxer should be higher, Honda should be lower, and Blanka needs to be way higher.

We'll see if this holds.

Oh BTW, I'm getting a PS2 to PS3 converter real soon. It's been shipped and it'll be here this week. I'll be able to do some SF IV on PSN real soon guys.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
E. Honda in B? YESZ!

For once in my life, I've chosen to main a character in a fighting game that's actually considered good.

Although him being right below C. Viper is... questionable, I will admit.

Abel, though ... I think he has a lot of potential from what I've seen so far. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't use him so I'm not entirely certain, but the person I train with regularly uses him and she always gives me a hard time. 9_6 He doesn't seem as bad as people make him out to be. Just don't jump with him.

And his Ultra is incredibly disjointed. http://www.youtube.com./watch?v=1Mb9OEG6PZY&feature=channel_page Skip to like 3:45. Really? Is this legal!?

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Really? Is this legal!?
Oh yeah its legal, Abel's Ultra allows him to go through projectiles but any attack that hits low will hit him unfortunately...

By the way...Does anyone else who uses Vega get hate messages after playing someone?
All the messages normally revolve around:

"Why you use that ****** character use a good character like Sagat."

But anway if anyone wants to play my vega I'm normally on X-box on Friday nights and my account name is Srules...so I guess give me an invite if you want to play.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Those Gouki vids were awesome

Yesterday I did a super with gouki accidentally when my opponent was right in front of me, so he jumps backwards, then I do the ultra asap before he lands and get him. I lol'd

anywho boxer and blanka seem low while dictator, fuerte, and honda seem high. Then again I havent seen as many **** dictators, fuertes, and hondas as I have seen boxers and blankas.

And ken sucks. He just ***** when you dont know the matchup

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't care too much about SF IV's tier list now. I just like seeing how the game's evolving.

The game's balance still holds, IMO.
S and A seem to be dominating over the cast. But B and below are really balanced.

stranga

Smash Journeyman
I've stopped paying attention to tier lists a long time ago. Now I just choose characters based on whether or not I think their cool. Not always the best thing to do if you plan on winning but whatever.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
The game's balance still holds, IMO.
S and A seem to be dominating over the cast. But B and below are really balanced.
This game at this point is definitely very balanced, because even with the new tier listing, if you look at the top-20 in Japan, two Chunli's are actually up there, however her placing in here would make you scratch your head and wonder why if that's the case. However it's to testify just how close everyone is.

However I think there's one important thing we all just need to remember, no matter where the characters within this list, the gaps between, A, and B are really so small, that's its not a bad disadvantage.

In fact, let's do this, if we just put the Tier Listing on characters who do the best against the Top-10, Viper would actually be higher then she previously is, and Gief would actually drop like 2 spots. For me personally, since my bro's and them have my PS3 now a days, I'll probably be buying SF:IV for my PC as well, that way I can play it even when my PS3 isn't at my place...which is like all the time.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys, check this video out, it's TRUE OG, from the Golden Era of the Street Fighter Days, and when you watch the small vid clips of the characters...yes ignore the obvious sarcastic talking of each individual characters and just watch the character being played in the small screen to the right.

Now, I don't know what you guys may be thinking, but some of those things being shown were some true OG Street Fighter II fights. I heard from "someone" although I have yet to confirm it yet though, that from 1:55 to 2:15, that this is "actually" Tomo Ohira playing as Guile...yes, THE LEGENDARY Tomo Ohira.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUZFVJFi84&feature=related

Again, I'm going to try and pm Wats or other peeps to see if this is true, however, the way that Guile is being handled in that short few seconds, is definitely that of a True Old School Guile player. One has to remember, that this video took place at the very peak of Hyper Fighting, and that Tomo did in fact help out in speaking in this video, so the notion of him using Guile for this showing isn't far off.

However, I will need to get this confirmed to truly see if it's Tomo. Anyhow, that Guile in that short clip is an ABSOLUTE monster. Talk all you want about how "great" ST Japanese players are today, however all of them would have cowered before the mighty OG USA SFII players of this era. I remember Kuni from Japan (You all know him as the monster Zangief player) stating that the only guy in Japan who "may" have been on Tomo's level was Tachigawa back in Japan during the Champion Edition Era, and that was a maybe on Kuni's statement. A true showing of just how beastly these our boys in the USA were in Street Fighter II...it's just a pitty shame they didn't play our greats at the time, because imo, we would have put the stomp on them during that Era.

Anyhow, back to that Guile clip you'll notice all of the heavy positioning against Ryu, however more importantly, the spectacular Psychic Air Throw. That is just sick, on any lvl, because in order for you to land it like that is incredibly difficult, and that round against Claw vs Guile...are you kidding me??? That's supposed to be a 7-3 in favor of Claw, and yet Guile made it look like it was 7-3 the other way around. A flawless c.fp to stuff the Barcelona Attack into a dizzy for a combo finish.

Yes, enough of me drooling, however if I do find out that this short vid clip is "indeed" that of Tomo Ohira, it may potentially be the only surviving clip we have of Tomo at the pure height of his Deity Street Fighter abilities, and that's saying alot, considering now all we have to go on, are the list of tournament results with his name as the #1 place finisher in over 100+ tournaments, or people from all over the place vouching for him. However to be able to just witness a small glimpse of it I believe would be even more amazing.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
ive seen that full vid before, and it is true that Tomo did lend a hand in the making of it. so it wouldnt surprise me if that really was him.

Top Bottom