• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
lol wow that video is awesome.
At the end of the match you see sagat turn around and block lmao
Then the one guy was like "YO MAN LOOK!" lmao

Mith_

Smash Champion
malformed link.

also, i rly need to get this game so i can beast wtih geif. i feel so helpless when i use him.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sometimes I pick Balrog just so that I can hear his losing cry...

MY FIGHT MONEEEYYYYYY!

Mith_

Smash Champion
Just SPD on wakeup lulz.

that's what warranthad does all the time here.
that never works anymore everybody is used to my preditability.

i did screw with this guy today though. i'd do a flying body attack on his get up and got him used to blocking but on the fourth time he ate a ultimate atomic buster. too good.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
The SF:IV International Exhibition was absolutely nuts, my cousins living in Cali took the time to go, and they were going absolutely apesh*t on the phone when they saw it go down. Basically put, Poongko from S. Korea with his super aggressive Ryu, Iyo with his #1 Dhalsim from Japan, Daigo The Beast Umehara with none other then Ryu, and Justin Wong representing the USA with Rufus.

I'm absolutely jealous of my cousins getting to see it first hand, however the match ups now on Youtube were absolutely intense. Forget the Exhibition label on it, everyone in there didn't want to halfa$$ their gameplay, and brought their A+ Game to the forefront. Obviously the competitiveness kicked in, and it had a REAL tournament atmosphere.

Poongko lived up to his reputation with an aggresive playstyle by rushing in with Ryu, even landing an absolutely ridiculous and monster combo on Daigo in the Ryu vs Ryu mirror match up, however Daigo was simply too much to handle and eventually took it 4-1.

Iyo utilizing Dhalsim has demonstrated even more why I say Sim is just unappreciated in the SF:IV world. He absolutely zoned and punished his opponents mercilessly, everytime they would jump in, they'd eat a natural AA from Iyo, or else suffer the Ultra setup.

Daigo The Beast did what he usually does...he would beast, there was many times in which it looked like Daigo would lose, however out of nowhere he'd pull off a Psychic Shoryuken and land to Ultra to either turn the tide, or give him the victory.

Justin Wong has earned even greater respect from me, because in the fighting game world now, where it seems everyone wants to copy Japan, or think they are the best, he came in with Rufus and went all the way, beating Poongko, Iyo's beastly Sim, and only losing to Daigo to finish 2nd. He basically put to all here in the US saying "We can hang with anyone from the world when it comes to SF:IV!".

My cousins had a blast, and to be honest...although I'm retired, I have a sense of jealousy grow in me, because I would have loved to have been there as well. Anyhow, I waving 60/40 into going to Evolution 2009 now, no not to compete or do any casuals or what not, however simply to experience the atmosphere again...I truly miss it, considering the last Evo I attended was 2005.

Anyhow here's the videos...

Poongko (Ryu) vs Daigo (Ryu) Mirror Match (Obviously as a Ryu player myself, this has a special place for me, rofl)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENYI5bsVILA

Daigo (Ryu) vs Iyo (Sim) Arguably the best match out of them all...Pyschic Shoryuken ftw!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HuUJBqDbZ8&feature=related

Justin (Rufus) vs Iyo (Sim) ROFL, Fatman FTW!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_r1g8w24E

After all of this, how in the world can Street Fighter IV not be the greatest fighting game of 2009 folks. You gotta love it man, also, I might just make it to Evo2k9 now, since Wats is trying to get Tomo The Legend Ohira to show up, and if it does go down, all I can say is, if you want to meet the GREATEST STREET FIGHTER PLAYER of all time, Evo2k9 will be the place.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Man, those players were insane.

My favorite match was Daigo VS Iyo because of how neck and neck they were.
I can't believe Daigo's fullscreen super connected. LOL

I'm also amazed how well Justin Wong did against Iyo after the first round.
He had problems getting close to Dhalsim at first.
He has a really nice Rufus.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be riding the USA Wave all the way to Evo2k9, yes, I love it that Daigo is beasting with my boy Ryu in SF:IV and showcasing that when you understand the footsie/zoning capabilities of Ryu in this game, he has absolutely no real weaknesses.

However, I'm very confident that the best USA players can hang with the best from Japan, come Evo2k9, simply because we all got the game nearly at the same time, and not only that, but both sides have very strong competition, so I'll be seriously looking forward to this when it goes down.

I'm wavering now, I actually like Justin vs Poongko match up more, because it came down to the last round, and Justin landing the Ultra was pure gold, also, Justing throwing his hands up to mimic Rufu's Ultra finish during his round win over Iyo was full of :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

M.K

Level 55
Wait, *checks Rufus' country of origin*

...HEY! Are the developers trying to SUGGEST something about Americans?!?!?!

:mad: I would punch them if I weren't so lazy and inept at success.

BRING ME MOAR FOOD, WENCH. >.>

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Street Fighter has always been about stereotypes. :laugh:

Your last sentence made me laugh.

Puddin

Smash Lord

Ken is from America too, so it kind of evens itself out. What are they suggesting about El Fuerte though?

Mith_

Smash Champion
I love street fighter's exaggerated stereotypes. Dan is prolly the most exaggerated imo. If I were the person that made Ryo I'd be mad at capcom lol.

Rufus' first character design could have been cooler imo.

BentoBox

Smash Master
1. Daigo
2. J.W. (got 4-0d by Daigo)
3. Iyo
4. Poong (lost all his matches)

In the actual tournament, Mike Ross (honda) got 2nd.

You should watch the games :D

Top Bottom