• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter IV *Super, AE and Ver.2012*

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
I think training has major issues. Too many things do not connect properly in training compared to an actual match for myself. I can srk cancel into ultra all day with Ken in training and it will not properly do the full ultra animation, but in a match it will on the first attempt, it's not a character issue as well. I also have execution issues for instant air teleport in training as well with Dhalsim in training.

Oh SFIV, you so random!

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, saw that awhile ago and seriously, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, these kind of moments are super rare, but hilarious.

One that I saw personally with me although it didn't get the dude killed, however back in 2001 I was at a Tekken Tag Tournament locally, there was 47 tourney entries, which was incredible, and plus TTT was hot sh*t back then. One of the guys completely ocved another guy in one round and he turned around to show off, because he got to the ground started to do push ups, and dusting off his shoulders while throwing his arms into the air.

Little did he know that the 2nd round started while he was too busy trying to make himself all manly, and the other guy launched Jin's Electric Screw Uppercut depleting 100% of his Kazuya's life bar. Although it didn't kill Kazuya, he had like 30% life left, which he then tagged out...and his second character which was Hei got caught by Jin's EWGF which obviously leads to HUGE juggle damage. So the taunting man lost that second round eventually.

All of us there busted out laughing so hard, and the arcade manager spit out his sub that he was trying to eat while watching. It was super crazy and hilarious I tell you, and it goes to show...

Don't throw up victory poses until the matches are truly over, otherwise if something were to happen, you would look like the idiot.

Hahaha, good stuff man.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I dont follow it religously either :mad:

weird that a game that has come such a long way STILL has infinites.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
infinites are few and far between when it comes to street fighter...this is actually the first one I have ever heard of

lol @ STILL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol no they just didn't notice during the testing/programming

if it takes worldwide players this long to find out that stuff, its not surprising that testers wont find it

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
/me wants to get better at SF4, PERIOD!

What's the best thing to do? It's no SSBM or SSBB; Using an Xbawks control is a ***** too =<
I was thinking I just main one person first and move on to the next, but who's a good starter? I kinda like Vega, Rufus, and Ryu

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Those infinites are situational and with damage scaling isn't going to be very effective at all, not to mention all of them are character specific except for Fuerte's. Also, even with 3 infinity loops that are found, ALL three of them combined don't even equal the might of Sagat, so there isn't going to be any change in here.

"Now" if they found like an infinity loop for say characters like Ryu and Sagat, then the community would be turning an eye of worry about the game of SF:IV. Fact that all of these infinity loops were discovered on characters who aren't overly strong isn't a cause for concern. Believe me, don't worry about this, the only time when an infinity becomes "worry some" is when you get something that's on MvC2 Magneto lvl.

Until then, Sagat>Ryu/Rog/Gief>Majority of the cast>>>>>>>>3 discovered Infinite loops>>>Dan...<---Only put him here for LoL reasons.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Sephiroth posted the most recent tier list earlier in this thread~

This is the NEWEST Tier Listing from Tougeki just posted recently, and is a more accurate representation, plus it also has added in the new console characters, so be shocked in some ways...lol, could this be the game in which Sakura "isn't" that great?

http://www5.atwiki.jp/koko100/pages/160.html

Just in case some of you can't see it...

1. Sagat - 139
2. Ryu - 132.5
3. Balrog (boxer) - 131.5
4. Zangief - 131
5. Blanka - 128
6. Rufus - 127
7. M. Bison (dictator) - 126
7. Seth - 126
9. Chun Li - 125.5
10. Akuma - 124.5
11. Ken - 124
12. C. Viper - 119.5
13. E. Honda - 119
13. Guile - 119
15. Dhalsim - 118.5
16. Gouken - 118
17. Abel - 117.5
18. Fei Long - 112
18. El Fuerte - 112
20. Cammy - 111
21. Rose - 110.5
22. Vega (claw) - 110
23. Sakura - 109
24. Gen - 106.5
25. Dan - 102.5

So in turn the New Tier List would look like this...

S+: Sagat
S: Ryu, Balrog (boxer), Zangief
A: Blanka, Rufus, M. Bison (dictator), Seth, Chun Li, Akuma, Ken
B: C. Viper, E. Honda, Guile, Dhalsim, Gouken, Abel
C: Fei Long, El Fuerte, Cammy, Rose, Vega (claw), Sakura
D: Gen
E: Dan

So judging by the last posting of Tougeki, I stated that Viper would not last up on top utilizing her tricks and it has showed with the new recent posting. Do we even need to talk about Sagat being #1? Also Ryu is as good as people are stating him to be, and just as I said earlier that with more time and as characters get refined in this game, Ryu will only continue to stay near the top (unless some character's are found to have some crazy stupid bs that just pushes them above him). Balrog being considered #3 comes as no surprise as I felt he was within the top 5 in my book anyhow, and good old Gief is still within Top5 being #4 so it's not that bad.

What I'm amazed at, and need to find more info is Dictator and Chunli surpassing Gouki, given the two are only better by 2.5 for Dictator and 1.0 for Chun, however interesting again, considering I felt he would have been #4 at least.

Noticeable jumps are Guile, last Tougeki list he was like 2nd to the last, however he's now in Middle-Tier once more...and LOL to all the annoying Guile players who were crying "he wasn't good" from last month, just goes to show how people live and die by a *** Tier Listing, lol. Look to most changing their minds and going "Guile is actually solid" now. Also Seth being where he is at, comes as no surprise, he's got GREAT priority moves, however as I stated earlier, he's played with a no fear, near flawless mentality which I feel is way too random, because nobody can play that good to unlock his potential. It's like Strider/Doom or Spiral/Sent if you play them "perfect" their lockdowns would be impossible to get out of, however after all these years only Clocwork and Duc have come close and yet its still a step down from perfection. However, since SF:IV is new, who knows.

Also, the BIGGEST surprise is that Claw isn't dead last, but Dan has taken his spot and Gen is now being considered 2nd to the last, and Sakura being that low? Most of the time, I don't believe I've ever seen Sakura that low before ever...just think back to A2, A3, CvS2 and you'll know what I mean.

Anyhow, hope you all enjoy, imo again, take this tier list with a grain of salt. However I will say this, the top characters for the most part imo will not be budging or moving alot, however from Middle-Tier onward, there will definitely be some movement.

Lastly, the tier list above even today shows just how balanced the characters truly are within this game, there is only a 37 point gap between Sagat being #1 and Dan being dead last. Compare this to SFIII:3S where the newest tier listing of Chunli being #1 to Sean being dead last has a 69 point differential. So the difference of the two is nearly dropped by half!

Enjoy, discuss guys!
Blanka seems to be doing just fine~

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Blanka is so beast.
this is true, mainly because just about everything he can do is so safe, he alos has crazy *** mix ups, he is just a very good/annoying character all around. and Geif has a terrible match up against him IMO, so thats another plus for blanka.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Its funny Blanka is a character that you have to admit is very good as a character but for most people they would never even attempt to use him...

I'm still trying to figure out why his super and ultra are just that good...even the chip damage makes it worth throwing out unlike other characters ultra's THAT LEAVE YOU OPEN TO BEING PUNISHED FOR USING IT AT THE WRONG TIME...

sigh...friggin head-bite...

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I use blanka, his ultra is so safe, and it does good chip and you can cross people up with it, lmao, its too good. his down + forward HP dips under fireballs, i think it ever goes under sagat's low tiger shot....blanka is the truth.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Its funny Blanka is a character that you have to admit is very good as a character but for most people they would never even attempt to use him...

I'm still trying to figure out why his super and ultra are just that good...even the chip damage makes it worth throwing out unlike other characters ultra's THAT LEAVE YOU OPEN TO BEING PUNISHED FOR USING IT AT THE WRONG TIME...

what? like everyone uses blanka, simply becuz hes so easy to use

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Really? hmm..maybe its just the guys I play with...

or maybe he's in the same category as Sagat, like he's really good but you don't main him and you only win with him because the character did most of the work for you.

...well that didn't really make much sense either...I'll think of a way to describe what I mean

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
So what about good Blankas? =O When I beat counter-pickers with Blanka they run to Sagat and lose just as badly...

what? like everyone uses Ryu, simply becuz hes so easy to use
I rarely see anyone use him other than myself...>_> most scrubs flock to shotos+sagat imo, no offense to legit shoto players but a lot of low-level players use them too because they're easy to use

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
So what about good Blankas? =O When I beat counter-pickers with Blanka they run to Sagat and lose just as badly...

I rarely see anyone use him other than myself...>_> most scrubs flock to shotos+sagat imo, no offense to legit shoto players but a lot of low-level players use them too because they're easy to use
no blanka's? lucky you.

anyways someone challenge me. my vega needs to beast on yall

smashbot226

Smash Master
I've only fought, like, two Blankas EVER. One was really novice (Told me himself) and the other one...

Yikes. He weaved in and out of my attacks with that dang command dash. Plus, he's godly at rolling strikes.

He KO'd me with a single combo even when my bar is at 60%.

I kept having dreams about a green man eating a banana while he stood over me. I best not think about it.

noradseven

Smash Lord
First 4 games and last 4 games online were against blanka's don't know what you guys are talking about nobody playing them.

I use blanka, his ultra is so safe, and it does good chip and you can cross people up with it, lmao, its too good. his down + forward HP dips under fireballs, i think it ever goes under sagat's low tiger shot....blanka is the truth.

HIS ULTRA != SAFE, you know you can jump over it rite, and some people can EX attack him, and many can ultra counter :D.

I'm sticking with C. Viper, most insane crossups in the game, and like nobody players her.

Also I'm tired of all the scrubs thinking they are good at this game, Im not very good yet, but I played 2 D fighters alot before this game, so these strats of fireball, if on ground, shoryuken if in air just seems hilarious to me, (pro tip) focus attack the fireball to grind ultra meter :p.

Every street fighter at high levels looks effectively the same, 2 characters standing a little bit outside of each others attack ranges moving back and forth and whiffing their high priority moves until someone does something. SFIV isn't as much like this because you no longer build meter on whiffed normals.

Blanka is a pain because he is easy and with most characters you have to know what your doing you can't just scrub it up against him.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also I'm tired of all the scrubs thinking they are good at this game, Im not very good yet, but I played 2 D fighters alot before this game, so these strats of fireball, if on ground, shoryuken if in air just seems hilarious to me, (pro tip) focus attack the fireball to grind ultra meter :p.
If you use the fireballs for spacing, it really is one of the best strategies for certain characters.
I don't find it hilarious when a Sagat player does it.

Although good players (and Blanka players) can get around it.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
First 4 games and last 4 games online were against blanka's don't know what you guys are talking about nobody playing them.

HIS ULTRA != SAFE, you know you can jump over it rite, and some people can EX attack him, and many can ultra counter :D.
my main is viper, and if you are playing a smart blanka, he wont do ultra unless its on your wake up, a counter or point blank next to you. so no, YOU SHOULD NOT be able to jump it. viper cant do **** about it, so yea, its pretty safe. maybe against rose, abel, etc you MAY get a ultra counter if they were dumb enough to do it from far away and you jumped it.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
no blanka's? lucky you.

anyways someone challenge me. my vega needs to beast on yall
There are actually at least two really good IRL Blankas here in MN, one of which placed 2nd at a tourney I recently went to. I picked up Blanka after watching them :chuckle:

I think I can only play charge characters in SF4...odd how I hated charge characters with a passion in 3rd strike >_>

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
:laugh::laugh::laugh: WINS THREAD!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I apologize if this is the first post I make on this thread that wasn't 10 pages long and didn't include any informative notes upon SF:IV, I believe once in a huge while I deserve to look at something post on here and just simply laugh, as in case, the above gif reminds me of the notion don't do the "premature" rofl.

Top Bottom