• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Jobs: 1955-2011

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man I just came here to post about this, but I was in the middle of making Mac n Cheese.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God bless you up in heaven you beautiful beautiful man

Btw yes I'm a hardcore Apple fanboy. If every appliance in my house was Apple brand, I'd go for that

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
inb4 the next 3 months of news is nothing but steve jobs.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Yes, he was very innovative when it came to tricking people into paying ridiculous amounts of money for mediocre technology.

That's it.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yes, he was very innovative when it came to tricking people into paying ridiculous amounts of money for mediocre technology.

That's it.
influencing culture is innovative in itself. despite your raging fanboy ignorance, its still laughably naive to claim otherwise.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"

That's it.
Agreed, he was a genius! Respect.

Ipods have always been my music player of choice, that's about it. R.I.P

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I used to not like him one bit, but just recently (and by recently, I mean the past month or 2,) I have began to appreciate him for all that he's done. Him dying is very sad. R.I.P Steve Jobs. Technology wouldn't be the same without him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Many of my friends have told me that my reaction to Steve Jobs' death was "completely inappropriate".

I think they just don't like my dancing.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Wait, now I'm trolling? :rolleyes:

There is nothing outlandish about expressing my views about Steve Jobs in a thread about Steve Jobs. Stop acting like I killed your mother.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Your views are objectively wrong :oneeye:
No, they really aren't.

Apple computers are overpriced and mediocre.
iphones are overpriced and mediocre.
ipads are overpriced and mediocre.
MAC OS is just...just terrible.
itunes is one of the worst programs I have ever had the displeasure of having on my hard drive.

The only decent piece of technology that came from Apple was the Ipod, and there is absolutely nothing special about it. At all.

As for whether something influencing culture makes it innovative.... LOL please.
Countless things influence culture that are not innovative at all.

NTA

Smash Lord
No, they really aren't.

itunes is one of the worst programs I have ever had the displeasure of having on my hard drive.

The only decent piece of technology that came from Apple was the Ipod, and there is absolutely nothing special about it. At all.

As for whether something influencing culture makes it innovative.... LOL please.
The iPod sucks. The only reason people bought it was because their friends had it and their parent's were willing to spend that kind of money for it. No where near decent. Apple doesn't matter if they are overpriced and mediocre, there will always be some fool willing to spend money on like it like the next fool that decides they need to switch to a newer phone often.

Computers have always been overpriced and mediocre. Windows computers suck also. Linux sucks. Ubuntu sucks. They all suck.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You guys don't like OSX because it's bad for gaming

But for other purposes it's perfect. I have this friend who's an artist who tells me that OSX is amazing for that or something

frotaz37

Smash Lord
The iPod sucks. The only reason people bought it was because their friends had it and their parent's were willing to spend that kind of money for it. No where near decent. Apple doesn't matter if they are overpriced and mediocre, there will always be some fool willing to spend money on like it like the next fool that decides they need to switch to a newer phone often.
Yeah I mean, the only reason I think it's decent is because I don't really look for much in a MP3 player. Definitely overpriced and overrated though.

NTA

Smash Lord
You guys don't like OSX because it's bad for gaming

But for other purposes it's perfect. I have this friend who's an artist who tells me that OSX is amazing for that or something
I have seen a lot of videos referring to art, such as tutorials, mostly on OSX.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Awww, yeeeeeaaaaa...oooooooouuuuuuch, as in, youch, that's gotta hurt his family psychologically. How sad. Uh, chocolate milk.

*Gets out taking off hat*

He will be remembered as the first man to have created an army of zombie slaves.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I have seen a lot of videos referring to art, such as tutorials, mostly on OSX.
A lot of music producers (not necessarily big name ones) use OSX too...the ones I can think of off the top of my head are C418 (Minecraft), and Jonathan Coulton (Portal music)

NTA

Smash Lord
Hitler could've done the same. Jobs had designs for the iPhone severely early, he just didn't have the tech to do it. Hitler just did it with his words.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
No, they really aren't.

Nintendo isn't innovative because Wii games suck. Electric cars aren't innovative because they aren't fast enough. And Redbox has such mediocre selection, no innovation over Blockbuster at all! And totes agreed about the ipod, not special at all. why did they even release that with so many other superior mp3 players on the market in 2001? :reverse:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, soon after he stepped down he died? Man, may that man rest in peace for creating such inovational products.

:phone:

Top Bottom