• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steve Jobs: 1955-2011

NTA

Smash Lord
Saying RIP does absolutely nothing for the person who died, or for their family. Just putting that out there.
But don't people usually do that for themselves for some reason like self-assurance or something similar? I don't think putting R.I.P. on tombstones or anywhere else did anything for the deceased but was more for the individuals themselves.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You should do something for their family then if it bothers you so much.
Because he doesn't care.

Falcon also gets bothered by people he believes are dropping hollow pointless sentiments. Basically, he wants to lie everyone down and drive a lawnmower cart over them.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Teran's got it!

Yes, I'm tired of people making hollow statements online=I give a **** about Steve Jobs, even though I ****ing hate Apple and never cared much for him either. Sure. He made his money and had more than enough chances to do cool **** like get 20 high priced prostitutes and make a week out of that ****, so him dying like a few years older than my dad did is not going to make me pity him.

But please, continue to miss my point by a mile.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
You guys are scrubs. we already went through this exact topic in here.

anyways, whining at people for saying RIP just makes you look like a bitter little turd. Who cares if it won't help anything? it makes someone feel better about themselves so, so what

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I mean something good could possibly come of his death, the downfall of Apple.

I mean, if we're stating the obvious.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
He's a very rich man who effectively sold white paint to idiots for large amounts of money. There can be no denying that this makes him a genius. He invented nothing, he gave next to nothing (at least in comparison to men in a similar position to himself) to charities that would actually help people, but instead would focus entirely on making more for himself. The only thing that he did which made an impact upon my life was pixar. I'll admit, that was awesome.

A man is great and deserves mourning based on what he has done to improve the world. Jobs sold things that already existed to hipsters. Sorry if I don't cry over this.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
^ Minor spam :troll:

People have been saying that Jobs had little to do with the actual products themselves but I wonder...if Jobs is the CEO, wouldn't Jobs have some sort of input on the products? I just find it hard to believe that Jobs is just a marketing wiz and did not have ANY sort of input on the products they have made.

edit: cool site - http://www.buystevejobshair.com/

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because he doesn't care.

Falcon also gets bothered by people he believes are dropping hollow pointless sentiments. Basically, he wants to lie everyone down and drive a lawnmower cart over them.
I am for this idea.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It does when you're just nagging on people for a pleasantry. I don't know why you're such an adamant defender of sincerity on a video game board topic about a celebrity's death or what you hope to accomplish. Yeah, saying "RIP" doesn't help anything, but neither does anything else we say. Seriously, who cares? (besides bitter little turds)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It does when you're just nagging on people for a pleasantry. I don't know why you're such an adamant defender of sincerity on a video game board topic about a celebrity's death or what you hope to accomplish. Yeah, saying "RIP" doesn't help anything, but neither does anything else we say. Seriously, who cares? (besides bitter little turds)
You know what else isn't going to really accomplish anything? You telling me not to call people out on this bull****, yet you do that anyway.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man talk about an endless cycle.

It's not like I'm going to threaten anyone since that's not really necessary, but I think it's safe to say all of this is going to be an endless argument about how this and that achieve nothing, all the while the real thing that achieves nothing is the debate.

\o_o/

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But yeah Falcon you should probably stop.

Top Bottom