• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY H: Cancelled because these are polluting my basement. See thread for detail

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, this is tomorrow. sweet.

i'm gonna be hanging out with friends from high school for most of today...so i'll be playing smash with them a little. i'll train my falcon =D (half-decided yesterday to learn falcon cause he's just too fun.....and i can't use nair or upair with him yet). hopefully i can convince them to do 4-way ganon freeforalls.

nightmare, find someone at grmo's who doesn't have a teammate. tell them you play jiggs too <_< best teams character

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
lol Vic your posts are so lazy :laugh:
oh yeah, this is tomorrow. sweet.

i'm gonna be hanging out with friends from high school for most of today...so i'll be playing smash with them a little. i'll train my falcon =D (half-decided yesterday to learn falcon cause he's just too fun.....and i can't use nair or upair with him yet). hopefully i can convince them to do 4-way ganon freeforalls.

nightmare, find someone at grmo's who doesn't have a teammate. tell them you play jiggs too <_< best teams character
Falcon is cool. I've also picked up some new mains since I can't play spacies anymore. Anyone feel like guessing?

Desh

Smash Ace
jiggs sheik, marth.

i cant put down doc.
i've tried.
many times.
since 07.
it doesnt work.

i wanna learn falcon but get lazy XP
and then work on cg's

Grmo

Smash Champion
None are right so far except one of Kyle's. Hint: I have a stubborn refusal to play the top 3, and I can't use spacies anyway.

Anyway, I'll be away for a while, since I have to go to work/clean up the house for tomorrow.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Just posting to remind people to bring money to pitch in for food/pop. $3-4 should be fine. Please try to bring something, because I don't want to pay for this by myself. I'm pretty sure I said this in the first post but I'm just making sure people see this.

Jagg

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO OLOLOLOLOLOL OMFG THIS **** IS TOMORROW!?!?!??!?! WTF LMFAO IM SO ****ING SCREWED!!!!!!

pineapple sex is awesome.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I lost Bernard's cellular number, can someone give it to me?

EDIT: Grmo, I called your phone, there was no ring and then your answering machine scared the **** outta me.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Starfurry H1 Results

Pools Results:

1: Unknown522
1: RaynEX
3: Idea
3: KirbyKaze
5: Europhoria
5: Santana
7: Sanuzi
7: Grmo
9: Nightmare
9: 333
11: demodemo

Singles Brackets Results:

1: Unknown522
2: KirbyKaze
3: RaynEX
4: Europhoria
5: Sanuzi
5: Santana
7: Grmo
7: Idea
9: demodemo
9: Nightmare
13: 333

Falcon Only Results:

1: RaynEX
2: Sanuzi
3: Unknown522
4: Idea
4: Adnanface
5: Grmo
5: KirbyKaze

Brawl+ Results:

1: Raynex, Sanuzi, Idea
4: Jagg
5: KirbyKaze
5: Grmo
7: Adnanface

Two people left without paying. I realize it's my fault for not collecting the money first, but I need people to do their part in this too, so try to remember next time.

Aside from that, it was pretty good. Some hags, but it worked out. There will be another one here in two weeks, but the person cap is still in question. It was comfortable with 12 people, without using the other rooms, but we'll see how it goes.

Come with change next time; I'm not an ATM.

Shoutouts later. Thanks for coming out.

demodemo

Smash Ace
sorry for leaving early, i wasnt feel too well near the end and i didnt really feel like playing anymore :\

i don't know, i guess im not competitive enough, i didnt even feel like winning anymore lol, i think i just want to have fun, and not much else. yeah, pretty stupid i know

and yeah, the two people that didnt pay were me and my friend, we seriously just forgot, is possible we pay another time? even though it would be confusing to divide the cash and stuff, but is it possible?we realized on the bus and thought about bussing back, but the bus we were taking was the last one. I don't know about the next tournament or whatever, but maybe just at friendlies or a fest or something. i might pass by falconer some day and i'll drop it off, i just want to get this off my back lol

so yeah, i don't think i'm going to play anymore competitive smash, not because grmo your a bad host or something, and i think all of you are good people and really nice, but i don't think i have it in me. i just cant imagine me going to tournaments on a regular basis and spending all that money getting better. sorry for wasting your time.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
demodemo says damedame. :(

Would you still go to smashfests and stuff, or are you just going to stick to whoever you play with regularly right now and just play for fun?

idea

Smash Master
grmooo...sorry, the people who ended up staying over didn't pay for food =( we realized on the bus and collectively felt bad. we'll pay double for stuff next time, 'k?

demodemo - in that case, come to the free smashfests we have occasionally. some of us go to to those and don't play any smash at all. you could be right about how you feel about it, but it was your first tournament, so i say give it another try to be sure. on a side note, it can be kind of irritating to go to something and have basically everyone beat you =P but there are only a handful of people in our community who have any chance of going to something and not losing repeatedly. and i still say you're a lot better than i was at my first tournament.

Grmo

Smash Champion
sorry for leaving early, i wasnt feel too well near the end and i didnt really feel like playing anymore :\

i don't know, i guess im not competitive enough, i didnt even feel like winning anymore lol, i think i just want to have fun, and not much else. yeah, pretty stupid i know

and yeah, the two people that didnt pay were me and my friend, we seriously just forgot, is possible we pay another time? even though it would be confusing to divide the cash and stuff, but is it possible?we realized on the bus and thought about bussing back, but the bus we were taking was the last one. I don't know about the next tournament or whatever, but maybe just at friendlies or a fest or something. i might pass by falconer some day and i'll drop it off, i just want to get this off my back lol

so yeah, i don't think i'm going to play anymore competitive smash, not because grmo your a bad host or something, and i think all of you are good people and really nice, but i don't think i have it in me. i just cant imagine me going to tournaments on a regular basis and spending all that money getting better. sorry for wasting your time.
You didn't waste anyone's time, and you definitely don't need to pay anyone back. It's not that important, especially if you don't want to keep playing, and I never had any intention of hunting you down over it. It's good that you were able to make that decision, though. However, that tournament sucked...honestly. You haven't had a taste of the smash community yet, so is there any chance I can convince you to come to Starfurry 4 on April 25th? I'd really feel like a failure as Sauga's primary tournament host if you two left the community without ever experiencing one of those great and memorable large tournaments. Please consider it. :)

EDIT: Don't worry about it, Kyle. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel bad about anything because of me.

PS. I like your location.

idea

Smash Master
oh, hey, i ended up ahead of mike in pools?

i forgot to comment - your house seems like it will work well for biweeklies. that is, if we don't end up having to fit 20 people into the basement =P alternative food is reasonably close too, since generally at least one person will be driving there.

and yeah, grmo has a point, demo - come to a big tournament, with way more hype and...microphones and stuff. you'll get more matches in, and it will be other people's first tournament, but your at least second one by then =)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Yay, thanks. That's good to hear. It might be a while before we can have 20+ people and use the main floor, however.

Basements suck, I'm not gonna lie. The venue Starfurry 4 will be held at is legendary. It's full of windows, and everything is amazingly convenient. There have been so many memorable tournaments that we've all had there. The only problem is the chairs. I guarantee you will love it, and if you still don't want to play smash after that, then I'll be very surprised.

unknown522

Some guy
Grmo, good work hosting, and sorry for crashing/causing problems/missing the bus by 2 mins, etc. It was completely my fault that all this happened. Anyways, I'll come to the next one.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting Grmo, was awesome. See you in 2 weeks :D

BTW, I haven't signed up for Starfurry 4, signups still open? Link?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I told you *******s to take me up on my offer.

But NOOOOO lets sleepover :laugh:. You guys wouldn't believe what happened that day, oh my god.

Remember this, and ask me about this next time you see me. Mainly Bernard, Ryan and David.

Sanu

Smash Champion
.......wat is this........how did u guys host a falcon only tourny with out me,, i am deeply hurt by this :(
You wouldn't have gotten far anyways :laugh:

<3

Where the **** is my ring?
Did anyone find it? If not, Grmo... I lost a precious item of mine in your basement. I would really appreciate it if you looked for it because I 100% KNOW it's there. It's the ring my significant other gave me for our first anniversary... :(

Top Bottom