• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

soap

Smash Hero
so this is kinda sudden but i am bailing this weekend, sorry guys

my brother finally got leave from the army, the israeli army, and is comin to america thursday night for a week and a half and we have got to hang out/ party/ roadtrip.

He only gets an extended leave like this once a year and i havent seen him in a year since we went to vegas.

Im kinda bummed cuz i WAS really looking forward to this thing for a while.

but real family > my smash family, for me at least.

I'll miss out on all the money matches n stuff i was lookin forward to, and the people, and rapin some cocky new yorkers.

But most of all i feel bad to the people in my car that im letting down for personal almost selfish reasons, but at the same time i dont feel i really owe them anything.

If drew can get his car to work they may have something.

Canada u guys r cool as ***, im sure ill see u pretty soon somewhere else, i do plan on travelling alot until genesis

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles

my brother finally got leave from the army, the israeli army, and is comin to america thursday night for a week and a half and we have got to hang out/ party/ roadtrip.

He only gets an extended leave like this once a year and i havent seen him in a year since we went to vegas.

I'll miss out on all the money matches n stuff i was lookin forward to, and the people, and rapin some cocky new yorkers.

But most of all i feel bad to the people in my car that im letting down for personal almost selfish reasons, but at the same time i dont feel i really owe them anything.

Canada u guys r cool as ***, im sure ill see u pretty soon somewhere else, i do plan on travelling alot until genesis
**** hopefully you can come here soon :)

soap

Smash Hero
Man, i jus told pitts yesterday that i would pick them up and raised their spirits, then brutally crushed them today. sorry for the rollercoaster ride swift + xyt

but we've all been to god knows how many smash tournies, its not a huge deal.

midwest is startin up another melee circuit pretty soon that'll be solid.

4% APR

Smash Champion

I completely understand. I don't think that's selfish at all. We woulda ***** teams though

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Cars exist, you can find another if you really want to come guys, hope to see you there! if not, I'll probably never see you guys ever xD

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Ye dis, two tourny thing is fckin **** up, lul. Niagara car wanted both, now we need to choose -.-
It wasn't my idea, just so you know. :ohwell:
Is there any place within reasonable driving distance from the venue to get bubble tea? I want one in my hands at all times. Like five minute drive or so (Bernard, I hope you see this LOL).
There's nothing near the venue. Mississauga is a barren wasteland.
I don't like this split between the 2 communities either because I personally really love both games, and the players from each game are equally as cool/fun to be around...but it is what it is. At prepare yourself both communities will be together so I guess its fine.
It's always gonna be like that I think. I mean, most people only have smash in common, and since they're completely different games that most people only play one of, it's likely not gonna change.

aaaaaaa hags. It's alright, we understand. thanks for letting us know.
****, no drephen and those guys? Some other time =(

Have fun doin' what you doin'.
Wait, you're not coming either now?

idea

Smash Master
yeah, not selfish, that's a very good reason not to come. see you later =) you could come to the montreal tourney on march 21st.

edit: if there's nothing near the venue, how are we gonna get food?

"hello, i'd like to order 50 large pepperoni pizzas"

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i remember someone saying that the manalord is notorious for not going to tournies or something like that
Yeah, exactly. I went to a tournament a few weekends ago and everyone was O:::: and I placed and they were like O::::: and now I'm like "k tournaments"

So maybe you'll see me around ;X

btu yeah, I've been saying i'm gonna go to tournaments but not actually go for like 3 years >_< :3

edit: grmo i'm coming.... all over this tournament

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
So like, is the schedule 12-12 or 10-10 or 10-12 or what? The OP says 1-11:30 but I remember you saying times got changed, and the schedule under it starts at 10 and goes onto 12.

Grmo

Smash Champion
yeah, not selfish, that's a very good reason not to come. see you later =) you could come to the montreal tourney on march 21st.

edit: if there's nothing near the venue, how are we gonna get food?

"hello, i'd like to order 50 large pepperoni pizzas"
Haven't you been to any of these tournaments? We've always got a lot of food there, and it's a lot cheaper than going to fast food places or ordering pizza like everyone else does. Trust me, you're covered for food so long as you bring a bit of money.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Yeah, exactly. I went to a tournament a few weekends ago and everyone was O:::: and I placed and they were like O::::: and now I'm like "k tournaments"

So maybe you'll see me around ;X

btu yeah, I've been almost going to tournaments for like 5 years >_< :3

edit: grmo i'm coming.... all over this tournament
yay! Sorry if this is a double post rofl (I guess I do this a lot)

So like, is the schedule 12-12 or 10-10 or 10-12 or what? The OP says 1-11:30 but I remember you saying times got changed, and the schedule under it starts at 10 and goes onto 12.
The OP is the truth.

afk for a bit, gotta go help with dinner.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
yay! Sorry if this is a double post rofl (I guess I do this a lot)

The OP is the truth.

afk for a bit, gotta go help with dinner.
Still confused, cause the op top part says 1:00pm-11:30 while the schedule under it starts from 10 am and goes to 12

sooo I'm assuming venue opens at 10am, but I'm just making sure

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm not choosing between two communities like this >.< I'm going to stay home instead.
Don't do that, Niko. Unless you want to burn grmo or something like that, there's no reason to sacrifice a good outing, for yourself, or the people who want to Melee with you.

One thing I do not believe is that this event stokes Brawl vs. Melee hostilities. That's just senseless drama. I only expressed frustrated confusion at grmo for the explanation we got.

Oh yes, and grmo, I'm still on the list in error. Remember I signed up under 'ZedF'. I should have said that but I forgot to add it to my post.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Still confused, cause the op top part says 1:00pm-11:30 while the schedule under it starts from 10 am and goes to 12

Oh yeah, I forgot to change that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll update everything in a minute.

EDIT:
Don't do that, Niko. Unless you want to burn grmo or something like that, there's no reason to sacrifice a good outing, for yourself, or the people who want to Melee with you.

One thing I do not believe is that this event stokes Brawl vs. Melee hostilities. That's just senseless drama. I only expressed frustrated confusion at grmo for the explanation we got.

Oh yes, and grmo, I'm still on the list in error. Remember I signed up under 'ZedF'. I should have said that but I forgot to add it to my post.
Alright, thanks for clarifying that. And seriously, drop that already. Just read the thing on the first page, and if that's not good enough for you then there's nothing else I can say. I honestly should have just had specific signups in the first place, and I'm an idiot for not doing that, but what can I do about it now? I've got a lot of **** going on right now (smash unrelated), so give me a break. People make some mistakes, and I make a lot of mistakes. It happens.

PS: I'd like to spread the policy of settling personal vendettas via private messages, since calling people out in the open like this just puts pressure on people and it's really what starts drama all the time. I think there's a lot that could be avoided this way, and I know it settles things much faster.

unknown522

Some guy

aww, understandable. We'll play another time.
We woulda ***** teams though
lol
so the turnout is going to semi-fail.

its okay now its a race to the finish between unknown and bam

edit: 4% you mean get ***** in teams? yeaa boi.
Apparently, david was talking to kage yesterday, and they're most likely going to fail. Jason apparently can't book off work on friday.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I really want to go but.. the situations right now are problematic. As stated above, Bam will most likely not be able to book off work since he works on the weekends and Jason was sick before so he already took days off work also. We'll see.

Grmo

Smash Champion

I really want to go but.. the situations right now are problematic. As stated above, Bam will most likely not be able to book off work since he works on the weekends and Jason was sick before so he already took days off work also. We'll see.
It's alright. Bam already said he wouldn't know until last minute. I'm hoping you guys can come anyway, though. That would be awesome.

Also I just realized how epic SSBM's opening is :chuckle:

Sanu

Smash Champion
Aww... mega-fail. Less people to worry about with housing I guess, but that also means I won't be going to Fight for your Friends 2 since Quebec isn't coming. Sorry Imadh.

Hype--

Sanu

Smash Champion
If things are going this way, I see it...

Bernard
David/Ryan
Mike/Imadh
Afro/PeterX/Sanuzi/Peter
Desh/Adnan/like everyone else/my ******** brother
TML

Assuming it's basically Scarborough only now and that Marco doesn't enter... yup, sounds about right =D

Desh

Smash Ace
If things are going this way, I see it...

Bernard
David/Ryan
Mike/Imadh
Afro/PeterX/Sanuzi/Peter
Desh/Adnan/like everyone else/my ******** brother
TML

Assuming it's basically Scarborough only now and that Marco doesn't enter... yup, sounds about right =D
oh please i got peterx, >_> <3

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
yar srsly A SUGGESTION! how about we make one bracket JUST ny people, and the winner of that goes into finals?

sounds good to me

Sanu

Smash Champion
You are not gonna go into a 2 day event because we dont go to this, what kind of logic is that?
Umm, because I initially said I'd only go to your "2 day" event if 5 top players from Quebec came to this. It's nothing personal, lol; it was more a push for you guys to come to this tournament than anything.

Top Bottom