• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

_Dice

Smash Ace
Why don't you teach me for free
One condition. that we schedule some times so i can work around my paid lessons.

i dun mind helping you guys at all, but the paid people come first. deal?

EDIT: pick a buddy and you can do OBs games and i'll help everyone :D i'm bored lately anyway no school nothing to do :)

Zone

Smash Champion
you have to add yourself onto that list

atleast that's what I did lol

That list was made long before you jumped in this thread and started chatting up with us Sveet

M@v

Subarashii!
hooray for being inactive. Im just holding off on sc2 until i get my new computer; Im pretty sure my computers video card is near totaled because of sc2. xD

vrud

Smash Apprentice
so... YellowYoster when do you wanna do our matches? lol ill be able to play sunday until like 5pm. On weekdays i work from 8am-4pm EST so besides that ill be ready to play =D

Btw dice what race do you play? since ur the highest rank id like to play a game or two vs you :p

rhan

Smash Hero
Thats top ranked whose been in the swf chat channel :)

xD i'm still the top ranked but much less active probably. since i only teach now.

in regards to my previous post, seriously who puts you vs grandmasters in your placement and then drops you to plat. -.- blizzard does.
That's actually just top rank of everyone on swf who added themselves to the division

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, I didn't know you were the top ranked Smashboards SC2 player.

Train me!
I'm probably going to be switching to T after I get my infestor icon, so sure, haha

add me: evandowning@gmail.com

Thats top ranked whose been in the swf chat channel :)

xD i'm still the top ranked but much less active probably. since i only teach now.

in regards to my previous post, seriously who puts you vs grandmasters in your placement and then drops you to plat. -.- blizzard does.
What's your account?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He claims that he ladders on this account - http://sc2ranks.com/eu/502603/HaNfy
I asked for it to verify his claim of being a top 200 player. Suffice it to say, while being ranked among the top 5 of a division in Masters' League isn't bad, it's not top 200, which is very easily categorized by Grandmaster.

_Dice

Smash Ace
He claims that he ladders on this account - http://sc2ranks.com/eu/502603/HaNfy
I asked for it to verify his claim of being a top 200 player. Suffice it to say, while being ranked among the top 5 of a division in Masters' League isn't bad, it's not top 200, which is very easily categorized by Grandmaster.
LONG THING AHEAD
[COLLAPSE=" "]Thats on euro :) and i wasn't top 200 in GM long, :( i got put in then reclassified pretty strangely tbh i'm iffy on whether or not i was in GM ever except on my client since i was only on GM (but never on the list of GM on sc2ranks) but that account was pretty buggy with my MMR ever since beta. i use it as a tournament/streaming since last summer.

i was 176 at some point last fall though. on US though, definitely not europe.
Hanfy is "my" euro account, actually splitting it with a training partner as of season 2. but it's representative of my skill level since i play at that level and got tha account into masters and to that point at the time i made that post, tbh i haven't focused much since the fungal change went out of the PTR, since i had to rework my builds alot it caused me to lose alot of motivation and go into teaching since it's difficult to notice improvement from having a BO that no longer functions to a BO that functions slightly. :) teaching gives me satisfaction of improving when i get dircet feedback in terms of the ladder of my students and their comments to me.

I go by Halfy or Halfwingseen on other forums and things so we kind of split names to make the account (cheaper, since we were both university students). so any progress as of end of march beginning on april is NOT me, as i haven't played sc2 ladder since then except my 1 placement on my us account

I didn't feel like giving 100% of this background at the first post since obviously it's kind of long and boring.

I guess "former" top 200 player fits me better since i'm obviously not top 200 atm, though i do play games with some of the 150-200 range players. It got extraordinarily difficult to maintain ladder rank when protoss like tripled in popularity as that was/is my worst matchup.

i got to top 200 solely on my ZvZ and ZvT :) 93% ZvT 85ish% ZvZ murderously low 30ish% ZvP according to my spreadsheet i kept when i was striving for tournament play.[/COLLAPSE]:) regardless definitely will teach any of you guys you want. i do occasionally coach VTWhiplash as he is a friend of mine and fellow ucf student, but my knowledge of protoss is only the PvZ and PvP matchups PvT is kind of weird to me and i don't quite understand it fully.

What does being on the EU server have to do with anything?
each servers ranking are slightly different due to different update times, but i don't think thats what he means, i think he was just thinking about finding a US account to play against :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
each servers ranking are slightly different due to different update times, but i don't think thats what he means, i think he was just thinking about finding a US account to play against
winner winner, chicken dinner.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
i love going blink stalkers vs terran now =] its so **** vs fe and if they tech to banshee or something dumb like that you get there just in time =D

rhan

Smash Hero
So just a general question here:

Tanks in 2v2 on Gutterhulk.
Yay or Nay?

Reason this came up is because I was playing 2's with my standard 2v2 partner and he says we lost this game because I went Tank/Marine. Even though I did mess up a little bit because 1 base can't support 2 Factories all that well but my army size was till pretty decent and could have done more if my partner didn't rush a Colossus. I believe if he would have went Stalker/Sentry it would have been a different story.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/3695

There's the replay.

Also because I'm not in the mood for it. I won't respond to anything that is ignorant/simple minded or isn't constructive criticism.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/2852981#blog
^^
HoTS teaser trailer.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm out of current events. And I can't google. But is MLG this weekend or next weekend?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
this weekend. I only know because i scheduled to run a tournament at the same time for some god-awful reason

rhan

Smash Hero
My weekend just got legit. Weekend long smash fest and MLG Halo/SCII live streams.

Awwwwww yayuuuuuuhz!

rhan

Smash Hero
**** that sucks man. Hope everything gets fixed and cleaned up. I know people in a similar situation cuz a tornado hit about a mile away from where I live a month ago.

rhan

Smash Hero
Idra gettin a taste of his own bm was nice.

MC was just taunting the **** outta him.. lmaooooo

Top Bottom