• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

rhan

Smash Hero
I agree with that.

Even TvT you can have variety in the match-up.. Still a snoozefest though..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I always considered TvT as one of the better overall matchups in the game.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
i still dont like pvp even after 4gate nerf its still broken =[
tvt is the most fun mirror imo
the funnest matchups are tvz and pvz imo, i dont really like tvp

j00t

Smash Champion
gg I lost 0-2

immortal drop was neat, I think I could of handled it if I didn't sit back though :p

Nashun

Smash Ace
gg I lost 0-2

immortal drop was neat, I think I could of handled it if I didn't sit back though :p
yeah its risky. if i don't kill drones i have a long way to go. if you look at the econ graph you had about double my income before my attack came. best way to fight it is like, mass ling+queen i think. you may have been able to prepare since you saw it with overseer. make the queens target the prism and lings can handle everything else. just dont get caught with a sneaky forcefield on your ramp.

Nashun

Smash Ace
i still dont like pvp even after 4gate nerf its still broken =[
tvt is the most fun mirror imo
the funnest matchups are tvz and pvz imo, i dont really like tvp
no way dude, 4gate is so much weaker now because you actually have options other than 4gate to beat it.

you still have to react properly; it's not nerfed to the point where you can do whatever you want and 4gate won't beat you. don't get greedy and you'll be able to handle it just fine.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
In my experience 4gating is like 70%+ of the time the way to go in PvP. Whenever I try to forcefield the ramp and tech they pylon it, and I cant kill it. It seems like theres a really strict position to keep from warping behind it and from letting zealots scout the high ground

Ive been playing random, and P is my favorite race to play with because of the strong tech options
O_o Terran says sup

And ZvZ isnt that bad. You can literally use every unit in that matchup (though broodlords are pretty rare). Same with TvT, but thats more than I can say for PvP

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
roach infestor with eventual hydras is definitely the best option in ZvZ. PvP you can explore any tech path relatively safely.

Nashun

Smash Ace
In my experience 4gating is like 70%+ of the time the way to go in PvP. Whenever I try to forcefield the ramp and tech they pylon it, and I cant kill it. It seems like theres a really strict position to keep from warping behind it and from letting zealots scout the high ground

O_o Terran says sup

And ZvZ isnt that bad. You can literally use every unit in that matchup (though broodlords are pretty rare). Same with TvT, but thats more than I can say for PvP
if they 4gate you have to 3gate and chrono units instead of warpgate. you'll be able to hold with sentry/zealot and have a gas/worker advantage. if its a later 4gate you can go pure sentry/stalker and just pick offr the zealots they warp up.

Sion

Island of Horizon
this is all assuming you have a choke to defend

maps with wider ramps like taldarim make it almost impossible not to 4gate attack/defend

Zone

Smash Champion
I disagree unless your micro is so good that all your banelings and mutas have a mind of their own and are NEVER clustered and always spread out infestors shut those down so hard. And your lucky if the match even lasts that long, not to mention the way Zerg is played just because you scout your opponent and see no units it NEVER means your safe, it's extra hard to know when your opponent is going to start making units to attack without constantly having 24/7 intel. And we all know how well Zerg can explode with units out of no where

:phone:

Nashun

Smash Ace
? How if theres no small ramp?
No sentries, 1gate robo, by then you should know if he's doing a fast 4gate. if he is, stop probe production at like 20 and put up 2 more gates, dont spend any chrono on probes. chrono out first immortal, no stalkers except for your first one. by the time 4gate hits you should hve your immortal, 3-5 zealots, 1 stalker, and 3 warpgates when he comes with like 4 zealot 4 stalker or something. if its a slow 4gate then you dont have to cut probes as hard but you still gotta make dudes and chrono the immortal.

with 1gate robo you kinda want them to go up your ramp so that your immortal can hit stuff and your zealots can surround stuff. you'll normally have more zealots than him but less stalker. i can show you later today.

edit: i'm going to be @ the village for mvc3 around 7. i can show you firsthand if you're down for that, or we can play some matches when i get home. no matter to me.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just an update. Jumped from Rank 1 Silver to Rank 2 Gold. Lol, sweet.

Been doing pretty well. My record against Protoss is impeccable, but that's probably because the BO I'm using is just really strong against FE Toss. And it does very well against 4 gate if scouted.

My TvT game is progressing slowly but surely. I've been watching a lot of TLO and I'm literally just going to start stealing his BO's. He's so solid in the TvT match. On small maps, I normally go for a Siege Tank Expand where get Siege Tanks asap and attempt to constrict him to one base while I expand. I've lost once or twice tho to a counter Medivac drop so I gotta be more ready since that is a pretty sensible counter attack. And on big maps like Tal I go for the 18 CC FE. If I start receiving Tank harass behind the mineral line I move my CC to my third where the breakable rocks are.

vs. Zerg, sigh. Banelings ruin my Marine/Tank comp. My positioning sucks, but I am learning to leapfrog my tanks.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I disagree unless your micro is so good that all your banelings and mutas have a mind of their own and are NEVER clustered and always spread out infestors shut those down so hard. And your lucky if the match even lasts that long, not to mention the way Zerg is played just because you scout your opponent and see no units it NEVER means your safe, it's extra hard to know when your opponent is going to start making units to attack without constantly having 24/7 intel. And we all know how well Zerg can explode with units out of no where

:phone:
Infestors should only shut down your mutas if you are using them wrong.

when infestors are in their base, harrass their army, and control the map (no overlords, zerglings ect) when infestors are with their army, harrass the base. always magic box them so they have to use 2-4 fungals to get the group in the first place.

and banelings should be burrowed and used in drop form once infestors are out. really they spent the time/money getting infestors and (if they are any good) glands, so you should get drop/speed for a similar time and money investment to keep your banes useful, also if you get air and harrass enough they need hydras then banes as a flanking unit dominate. every single unit has a purpose in ZvZ, even broodlords, except broodlords is pretty much a dead end tech if you can't keep your muta/corruptor alive.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
what if they have infestors spread out? whats your plan then?

I agree with zone, infestors shut down a lot of options in ZvZ.

_Dice

Smash Ace
what if they have infestors spread out? whats your plan then?

I agree with zone, infestors shut down a lot of options in ZvZ.
if they are spread out then you can still control the map and harrass if you spread the mutas, 1 infestor cannot kill mutalisks, they need multiple infestors meaning they have to commit to a specific area, since the nerf to fungal time they can't use a queen + infestor to ward away mutalisks you actually need more than one, and if you are harrassing correctly (multiple areas, distractions, expanding, preventing scouting ect) then the majority of your actions net you in the positive.

Top Bottom