• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
yeah i laughed so hard when mc did that, i cant believe some one could do that just in front of everyone lol, so mean.

idra played really dumb and desperate vs mc in their last set tho imo, idk why he played so all in like every game

Zone

Smash Champion
Sup, I wont be off work for another 4 hours.

:phone:

I'm home now. Let me know when you can play. If your back after 8:00pm cst and I don't respond good chance I fell asleep

Double post sorry

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
omg halp me ankoku

i watched a lot of the MLG SC2 this weekend and now ive been watching day9 dailies and i kinda tried to LEGALLY PURCHASE the game but it was complicated and computers are hard and how do i shot web so then i went to... LEGALLY PURCHASE the game but i has not monies right now :<

rhan

Smash Hero
I definitely still have one more guest pass. I wouldn't mind giving it away.

What do you mean you "tried" to legally purchase this game? You can buy it for cheap at local K Marts for like 40 bucks and it's 60 at Wal-Mart last I checked. And you can also buy it online though Battle.net.

There's like no way to illegally obtain this game and be able to play online.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
The game is really good. I havent used any of my guest passes so i'm sure i could give you one if ankoku can't. someone just has to tell me how to give one xD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
what do you mean ILLEGIALLY OPTAIN game . i would never

:3 thx for u guys. i'll let u know if ankoku passes out from too many pancakes and i need to blow the conch for another hero

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Considering everything on SC2 except for the campaign, the challenges, and a few vs AI stuff are on BNet, you likely won't get far without the real thing, yeah.

I'll PM you how to get this going, Tom. Guest Pass lasts for 7 hours of play time and will expire 14 days after activation. If you actually buy a copy of SC2 you can also upgrade your Guest account into a full one, in case you wanted to keep ladder records or achievements or something.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
dont do it tom, unless you wanna get stuck in a twisted love/hate relationship

its like the girl that keeps cheating on me that I always crawl back to

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
thanks ankoku :] im going to have fun with this thing tomorrow night

LOL @nate and sveet... i dropped that ***** immediately and never looked back

HEYOOOO OMNIIIII

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sorry, I've been a bit busy trying to keep up with anything Nintendo says about WiiU/Smash4.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ha well at least you're doing something.

I'm gonna miss being 1k in points. Now that I got promoted I'm left with 800 points..

rhan

Smash Hero
edit - Nvr mnd beat to it.

But yeah why does it take away points when you get promoted?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It always resets to some number plus the amount of bonus pool you used whenever you change divisions. Otherwise I'd gladly throw away my placement games and rack up billions of easy points killing Bronze and Silver players before having a gigantic head start when I finally reach Diamond/Master.

_Dice

Smash Ace
It always resets to some number plus the amount of bonus pool you used whenever you change divisions. Otherwise I'd gladly throw away my placement games and rack up billions of easy points killing Bronze and Silver players before having a gigantic head start when I finally reach Diamond/Master.
not that it would matter, since your MMR is really what counts, how skilled you are viewed as, not an arbitrary rank.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It still affects your rank, which is what people care about to get pretty-looking league icons. While 5 consecutive losses right from the start will definitely ruin your MMR initially, anyone who's actually any good should easily be able to raise it to at least Gold in a week or less of playing.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i will get used to it

im just whining :p

its a lot to do at once (i will get used to it) and i dont know what buildings build what units (i will get used to it) and i dont know what units do what (i will get used to it)

rhan

Smash Hero
There's a tech tree in the help menus for each race.
Also in the help menu there's unit info and you'll be able to find out:

What units counter which.
What units can attack and can't attack.
What units attack air and/or ground.
What abilities they can use.
What upgrades can be researched for each unit.

etc.

yadayada.

I ramble. But most of everything can be found in there. Some of the tutorials can help because they're universal. But some are just solely based around Terran.

Another thing you can do once learn those basics watching a few videos from some pretty knowledgeable casters (I suggest Day 9) can help you understand the game better.
Then from there you should be able to pick out and practice a few builds. Practicing against comps can help you understand how to use units and get build timings down.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
The game is really hard, but it's pretty easy to get to a decent level. What race are you playing?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You'll be fine. Just get use to the mechanics of offline mode. Don't even think about playing online until you have a solid understanding of your race.

While you are new focus on using hotkeys to do everything. Everything. In SC2 there is literally a keyboard action to do... just about anything. Start memorizing those keys for whichever race you choose to stick with.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
And thats when you come along with banelings. Then eventually infestors D:
Banelings don't stop marines XD

Banelings are good at making a solid victory more solid, but they never really "save you".

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Banelings don't stop marines XD

Banelings are good at making a solid victory more solid, but they never really "save you".
I disagree. Banelings and marines "go even" in the sense that marines should be able to run away/split from the blings without suffering cost efficient damage. But if marines try to engage then blings do effective damage. Before tanks are out, zerg has the clear advantage since zlings do more effective damage with the extra surface area from the splitting marines as well as gain time to surround since marines are running more than shooting. Stim and bling speed should be researched around the same time and effectively cancel each other out in this relationship.

This isn't changed too much when tanks are out, except that terran gains the stalling advantage since zerg constantly loses their forces even if the marines never shoot once. Zerg's answer to this is having mutalisks. The ground army is expendable at this point since mutalisks are the main damage dealers; if the ground army simply makes the marines not shoot the mutalisks while the mutas pick off the tanks/marines, the ground force doesn't have to deal damage cost efficiently.

But i digress, blings are one of the most cost effective units in the game especially against terran.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Except that Banelings cost gas and Marines only cost minerals, so it's a slowly losing trade as the game progresses.

Top Bottom