• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

ss118

Smash Master
What exactly does Zerging, Baneling, and Infestor combination lose to in any match-up?

There are of course the qualms to getting there, but I'm just curious. I'm practicing on just using that composition as a general ZvX build while I work on my mechanics, so I want to know what ***** me so I can learn to transition out of it if necessary.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
This is just my opinion, I haven't played that much lately though.

It's not very good in ZvZ, since neither Lings nor Blings beat Roaches, and infestors can only do so much. I guess you could go like 20 infestors and just try to fungal them all down while trying to backstab with lings.

Against pure mech you'll probaby have trouble. Microed hellions can really destroy lings, and blings don't really do anything against Mech. Also, if they add Ghosts, it makes it a lot trickier to micro your infestors well, but still doable.

Against some P build with HT/Archon, you probably want to consider a tech switch. HT can nullify Infestors pretty well, and then warp into Archons, which destroy ling/bling.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Mass air would be pretty decent against an army composition that can only shoot up with mana.

terr13

Smash Journeyman
I think the problem with mass air is that they clump too much, so you only need like 5 infestors to kill an entire fleet, and that's with pretty bad micro.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think it takes even less micro to "magic box" an air fleet over nothing to de-clump it at first and then just a-move at an opponent that has no anti-air.

M@v

Subarashii!
I got a bad hard drive; gotta RMA it. Computer works otherwise. Hopefully once the new one's here, i can get everything set up and get back to sc2 >_>

F1SHY

Smash Apprentice
How did season 3 treat you guys?

I got demoted to gold 1v1 after losing to 4rax, but I'm wrecking now so it's pretty neat.
I also got demoted to plat in 2v2 after winning a game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Has the new season started? i havent been on in a few days. I'll play my ranking match later tonight.

is there gonna be a SWF tourney this month?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just pointing out that before last night, nobody posted in here for a full week. I can start signups and all, but if people really lost interest in the game itself then I can't run a two-person tournament.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
w00t, played my placement match for season 3 and I'm in Diamond. I'd be willing to play in a tournament. But I'm busy the next two weekends, what with MLG / Defcon.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, signups from now until the end of Friday, August 5, then.
Character Name.Character Code / Race / Map Ban Vote

Most voted one or two maps get cut from final map pool.

Bel'Shir Beach
Crevasse
Crossfire SE
Dual Sight
Metalopolis
Tal'Darim Altar LE
Terminus SE
Xel'Naga Caverns
Xel'Naga Fortress

T-block

B2B TST
Hm...maybe I'll play. What's the skill level like of people here? I haven't done my placement for Season 3 yet, but I was lower Plat ish at the end of Season 2.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Skills range anywhere from mid Gold to mid Masters, with a few outliers here and there.

M@v

Subarashii!
just when i get back into SC my desktop dies D: no SC for at least a month probably TT
Irony. As your Sc2 playing ability dies, mine lives again after 3 months.

Sign me up for the tourney. I need a way to beat the rust off me before I attempt to ladder again.

Mav.945
Terran
Diamond
(Can I get back to you on map ban? I've barely played any of them XD)

Top Bottom