• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol I know, actually 3000 feels very low considering the time I've been here and the number of threads I read.

I'm not the kind of fast-typer, and often when trying to respond something, it has already been responded by the time I'm done writing.
Also, that Iambadatdebatinginenglish thing.

I'll try to post more, tho

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
lol sometimes it is hard to keep my ideas together in a forgein language....
Specially because I never really practice it. Ever.

Anyway, I don't really like to talk about me...
can we like, move on and bring another random topic?
I saw this yesterday

lol sometimes it is hard to keep my ideas together in a forgein language....
Specially because I never really practice it. Ever.

Anyway, I don't really like to talk about me...
can we like, move on and bring another random topic?
I saw this yesterday
I'm forced to practice my Spanish cause I live in PR. It's not bad, but I'm still really uncomfortable speaking it because I stutter a lot, and my vocabulary isn't that good. It's even worse when you're dealing with ignorant people that are quick to judge and have a knack for throwing the word gringo out a lot.

I've been able to manage for a while by convincing everyone that I grew up in Europe, but it doesn't work all the time.

T-block

B2B TST
wait dan, you're not a native spanish speaker? o.o

i mean... i did think your english was especially good when first heard you talk, but i always assumed spanish was like... one of your first languages.

I don't know which one I learned first, but the onne I excel at is English because I went to school in an American military base where eeeeeeverything was in English and Spanish classes weren't of the same caliber as everywhere else. My Spanish is good enough for everyday use, but if I ever find myself writing an essay or talking to someone of importance, I usually freak out because I can't say things as eloquently as I would in English.

Like, I know Spanish, it's just not on par with everybody elses in the island, and it shows when I have to do more elaborate explanations. For example, if I had to talk about global warming or the human body, I'd do that in English cause I don't know the terms in Spanish.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't know which one I learned first, but the onne I excel at is English because I went to school in an American military base where eeeeeeverything was in English and Spanish classes weren't of the same caliber as everywhere else. My Spanish is good enough for everyday use, but if I ever find myself writing an essay or talking to someone of importance, I usually freak out because I can't say things as eloquently as I would in English.

Like, I know Spanish, it's just not on par with everybody elses in the island, and it shows when I have to do more elaborate explanations. For example, if I had to talk about global warming or the human body, I'd do that in English cause I don't know the terms in Spanish.
That's exactly how I feel about english.

Except I didn't have any kind of school or course for it..... I just somehow learned it.

T-block

B2B TST
oh i see.... interesting

my first language was actually mandarin chinese lol... but i'm actually no longer comfortable with it at all... i wouldn't even be able to get by in china atm =(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Sooooo I recently quit being a TO for one very specific reason:

My region demanded I ban PS2. While leaving Norfair, Japes, etc. legal.

So I quit hosting. (Still a player)

And now PS2 is still banned, and Norfair is still legal.

This is the epitome of "Because we don't like it." bans.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Raz, you are (were?) the TO I respect the most out there.
Like, the first actual TO on using and enforcing highly libleral rulesets (and the MK ban).
I'm pretty sure Nova Scotia metagame is very deep, as they know stage gimmicks and how to deal with them.

Is not your fault, tho, I know how *****y can a community be....

R.I.P. Pokémon Stadium 2, you did a great job being a great, non broken stage. You were just too good for some people.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sooooo I recently quit being a TO for one very specific reason:

My region demanded I ban PS2. While leaving Norfair, Japes, etc. legal.

So I quit hosting. (Still a player)

And now PS2 is still banned, and Norfair is still legal.

This is the epitome of "Because we don't like it." bans.
Lol, CP either one of those stages every set and time them out. Norfair and Japes are horrible.

Sooooo I recently quit being a TO

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

You were the TO I respected the most, man. It's a shame that this had to happen.
Would you host a tournament if I were to magically appear there?

Nooooooooooo :(

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's the stupidity of people like what Raziek said that also makes me want to quit being a TO. It's a shame.

Although I can technically act on any area I feel like (outside of Password Protected rooms), I represent this area in specific, so if someone wanted to do something about the Stage forums, they would have to speak with either Red Ryu or myself, because we're the ones in charge of this area.

Judo777

Smash Master
So this is of ABSOLUTE importance to the stage discussion, PS2 is the best stage because it allows Sheik's DACUS to travel (at least I'm pretty sure) 18 blocks (in stage builder) on ice. I think it was 18. Regardless, we need to rethink everything now.

My bad retested its 20.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
>Host a Tourney
>make events, invite people
>be hyped
>2 people showed up even though about 11 confirmed

I guess I'm not good at TO'ing...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
sigh.......

Nobody complained about stages, I actually believed they were okay with them. Nobody is saying nothing, maybe they just do not care enough... So I shouldn't, should I?...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Unless they secretly held a better tournament elsewhere, it might just be bad luck or apathy about the game.

Top Bottom