• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Yeah, I guess it would be a bit too large. And doing a tier or a list of who does best where wouldn't be enough.

Oh well..

Tesh

Smash Hero
Had a small YOLO side event with a liberal stagelist. Videos up on the channel in my sig.

I'm going to try to make it happen again since I think I could run it VERY fast on the side of 2 or even 3 larger events.

Longest set I saw was 9 minutes. Winner's Finals was Bo9 and was 6 minutes total I think.

SIG?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Where the vids at?

Anyway:
ok guys, I have a question and I hope anyone over the internet can answer:
I'm looking for the title of this movie I once watched in TV, it is a pretty bizarre film about a detective (?) and a woman who are looking for a guy, but everytime they meet him, he runs away between doors or stairs and when he's being chased, the scene changes into something completly different (wow that was ambigue).... Often, in random background TVs or windows there are scenes of a people inside a car crashing and flying around, also sometimes a random kid with a ballon would ask "is he dead?".
At the end of the movie, the guy who was being chased turned out to be someone in a car crash who was about to die, looking at people around him, and among them, there was the "detective" and his "assistant", who actually were random people who helped him right before he died, and then a kid next to them said "is he dead?", and the movie ends like that....

It's been a while since I watched it so I can't remember a lot of details, but I really really wanted to know if someone else knows about it so they can tell me its title...
If not, thanks for reading the whole thing anyway....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, I just saw them, I think last time I visited the channel my internet was acting up and/or didn't load the ones with "YOLO" in the title.... *watching*

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
iirc, Ike could Counter>Poweshield wiith no problem until the Lava Wall disappeared.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm unsure if the stage should be super banned because the lava doesnt stop circle camping or if it should be given a shot because you can still corner people in the lava if you both spam power shields...

Anyone with quick pokes can still fight in the lava while shielding between hits right? So if I'm Metaknight chasing Squirtle, I can power shield then ftilt (or dtiltx3) and powershield right? I'm sure MK could even dash grab-fthrow between powershields.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Counter:

Animation Demo [Click]

~No Retaliation~
Hits on: 11-33 Note: The "Counter Frames."
Invincibility: 11-16
IASA: 60

~After Retaliation~
Hits on: 4-7
Invincibility: 1-6
IASA: 37
Ok, I was checking Ike's data (because I have nothing to do and I am bored). So the fastest time Ice can Powershield>Counter>Powershield is
12 (Shieldlag - I may have this number wrong).
+7 (Shield drop)
+11 (Counter start-up)
+37 (Counter cooldown)
=67... Plus he freezes a little before starting the attack...

It looks like the Lava Wall has different counters for every object it hits, and as the type of hurboxes change, it considers Ike shielding and Ike Countering as different objects....
Also, Lava Floor has that one effect, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXW1Zi9V-4#t=120s

Life

Smash Hero
Norfair is a perfectly fine stage. "I do not like green eggs and ham..."

Kyo, I'm pretty sure your problem is the shield lag. Acting out of powershield is three frames (I believe I heard that from KID). Which means that if you did the rest accurately that's slightly less than 60 frames, which means that if you buffer everything you can PS.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guys!!
I found this tournament that will happen in Paraguay next december: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...926182869.56494.272455122852416&type=1&ref=nf

To make the story short, they decided to ban MK because the GF or their last National were a MK ditto, "to see if it makes a difference", which is silly because it will prove NOTHING.

There are far more interesting parts in their ruleset, though:
-Locks and chaingrabs are limited to 150%
-6 stages (Delfino and Orpheon before Siege, Lylat and PS... not bad, but silly).
-In the event of a Timeout, if both have the same stocks and percentage, Sudden Death will be respected.
-If both players finished their last stocks at the same time, Sudden Death will be respected.
-Stalling will be punished by calling the offender to the center of the stage and get grabbed.... That is, unless the character promotes camping... (lolwut?)
-Game's final decision on the winner will always be respected.

So.... yeah...

Tesh

Smash Hero
vague rule is vague, get ready for ic dittos in GF

i dont think respecting sudden death is entirely dumb. in theory any ruleset would eventually have to say "next hit wins" when dealing with a stalemate.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
vague rule is vague, get ready for ic dittos in GF
If it is any other ditto, it would make the entire thing even more hilarious.

i dont think respecting sudden death is entirely dumb. in theory any ruleset would eventually have to say "next hit wins" when dealing with a stalemate.
Mine used to say "after a couple tie-breakers that don't decide a winner, winner is chosen at random".

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bias is exactly why vague rules should be avoided if possible.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ mind blown, i never thought if it that way.

maybe in episode 7 we will find out that jedis are actually the bad guys

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
I really miss the times, back around the urc and mk ban era when there was real fighting for a more liberal stage list. Also I really hate the way people refer to the starter list as the "neutral" stages.

But seriously what happened to the fighting for the stages in here?

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Most TOs don't even read the threads in the stage discussion subforum lol.
And most TOs host MK legal events --> liberal stagelists are out of the question.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
that is how I am too. I dont really mind how good mk stand alone. What bothers me is the "global" nerfs that hurt so many other characters in the process just to cater to the bat. I hate that completely legit stages that many other characters love like rainbow cruise and brinstar and norfair have to be removed because he brakes the counter pick system. I feel wario and game and watch and other aerial characters got their tournament viability hurt so bad due to this. And other characters hurt by the planking rule. Our tier list is very stage list dependent in my opinion. The concept of "neutrals" caters to ground based characters.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I just fell through this spot on Frigate.

Is this known? I have never heard of anyone falling through here. I took a replay of the match and checked that the platform was definitely not moving up or down at the time.

Tesh

Smash Hero
sounds hilarious, upload it or gimmie the replay so everyone an see/explain

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've had it happen before.

Typically happens if the platform is moving downwards at the time. I've never seen it happen stationary.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, that IS perplexing.

I can't right now, but someone should see if they can re-pro this one. Looks nothing like when I last saw it happen.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What really bugs me is that ideology of "something weird happened to me, BAN".

Loota

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly what the title is sarcastic about. I'm really liberal with stages with FO being my favourite like I said in the video.

While I'm at it, I have a video of me falling through the roof phase in Delfino which I haven't also heard of before (I'm not going to show it to you now because it'll make it's debut in a epic moments compilation whee).

Top Bottom