• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No Japan has counterpicks.

Or did at one point.

I've seen matches played on Delfino and such.

Tesh

Smash Hero
They use BF/SV/FD normally but had a slightly more liberal stagelist to attract people to SRT from OoC.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Locals are still very stubborn with NOT playing BBrawl....

Despite I'm really trying my best to get people to play it and at least have some feedback...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Otherwise it would distract itself too far away from their goals like others (read B+) did.

I still try to get people to play it, have some feedback, and who knows, even make tweaks where the game really needs it.

What worries me the most is that I'm holding a BBrawl tournament. I'd get for it pot bonuses, it could even become the greatest prize I'd hand on that whole event...
And people not even try, just refuse to play it...
It's like the whole plan is just destined to fail.
Like I am destined to fail for trying...

I just had the best set of my life in a teams tourney today!. :D

The rules were basically Apex rules + Japes with FLoSSing. My team mate and I figured out that it's almost always gonna go to a neutral unless you start striking neutrals first, so we struck BF, SV, FD, and Halberd, and the only other stage left was Delfino, which we won on. We lost the game on Battlefield, but it was okay because it gave me the chance to try out Japes. We lost that match, but OMFG it was the most enjoyable game ever haha.

Remember the good ol' days where BPC was angrily trying to get PS2 legal and it sort of worked?

BSP

Smash Legend
Kinda, but every single person I've talked to about the stage except 1 hate it.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Apex 2012 basically killed the SRC's main goal. Now its a struggle to even keep the stages the way they were.

Oh well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^lol thats kind of how i feel about the mk ban stuff too. I feel like pro bans and folks who want a liberal stagelist are more or less fine with the mk legal small stagelist stuff. At this late stage in the game's life, it really just comes down to making less people quit imo.

BSP

Smash Legend
I quit with the stage rage when started hosting and travelling

That's why we're all bad

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I would prefer a liberal stage list in theory, but I think that the lack of effort people are willing to put in to learning the more bizarre stages makes conservative better in practice.

I can play with whatever the ruleset is, so it doesn't really bother me in the long run

/how far we've all come

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I would prefer a liberal stage list in theory, but I think that the lack of effort people are willing to put in to learning the more bizarre stages makes conservative better in practice.

I can play with whatever the ruleset is, so it doesn't really bother me in the long run

/how far we've all come

As long as East and West Coast has most of the nationals, you have a hard time getting people to follow those kinds of rulesets you want.

Conservative stage lists have always been appealing enough for us to at least attend them, even though what we all really wanted and fought for was something more liberal.

The only thing that has changed is that we're old farts now.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I can agree with having a large stagelist with MK can be bad, but some CP's should still be legal. I'm thinking FO, DP, CS.

Oh and make FD a counterpick too.

It was initially because of the permanent walk-off, but later it was because it was too late to add it in.

I mean you can say that it's still not too late, but I've become too old to believe in fairy tales.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its not that bad of a walkoff. Imo I think it was banned because people weren't patient in the begining on brawl. with the truly campy campy metagame now, i don't think the idea of waiting for rainfall and pellots to counter walkoff camping would sound absurd.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I want to think Stages are not dead... I feel they are the only reason I got into the BBR :c

Grim you can copy/paste my application, all you have to do is replace all the parts that say Puerto Rico with Australia and you're good to go.

:D

Top Bottom