• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I wanted someone to help me with the collisions of the Samba de Amigo stage... It shows up on Brawlbox in a way and another way in-game.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
After snapping the camera, I kinda see where it's going in game.
I might have to make a tiny dummy model to move with the ship inside it for a proper collision.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on making Lake Hylia from OoT so I went to test it in Brawl, but when it started only the main platforms and sky showed up, while everything else wasn't there including the characters.
This is how it looks in BrawlBox:

I'd appreciate any help, here's the stage: http://www.mediafire.com/?rmuz1gyjtwkmjhg

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Not really. It takes exactly 20 seconds for randall to jog a lap around his set path, and he exits & enters the stage at intervals of exactly 5 seconds.
First step to learning proper counterpicking is memorizing all aspects of stages.
...What. x_x I don't belong in this thread.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I've been working on making Lake Hylia from OoT so I went to test it in Brawl, but when it started only the main platforms and sky showed up, while everything else wasn't there including the characters.
This is how it looks in BrawlBox:

I'd appreciate any help, here's the stage: http://www.mediafire.com/?rmuz1gyjtwkmjhg
Wow very nice idea for the stage!!!

Anyway, keep in mind that you can't create new modeldatas, you need to insert all your models to the second Modeldata, if they're not gonna have animations.

I think I'll check it out, just wait a bit.

But... how did you make THIS? .Obj importing or standard Stage Builder things?

EDIT:

Just saw it in-game and on Brawlbox. I'm speechless, you made it with just Stage Builder blocks! :D

Never messed with any stage except for Final Destination based ones, so I don't know...
Certain stage have a very small filesize. I don't know if that may be your problem... It also could be, as I said before, a modeldata problem, but since I never messed with any stage except for Final Destination based ones... I'd not be able to tell exactly how to fix it.

I'm guessing you're using Pirates because of the water?

Best of luck to you.

Also, where's -BigSharkZ-??

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Wow very nice idea for the stage!!!

Anyway, keep in mind that you can't create new modeldatas, you need to insert all your models to the second Modeldata, if they're not gonna have animations.

I think I'll check it out, just wait a bit.

But... how did you make THIS? .Obj importing or standard Stage Builder things?
1.) Thanks!

2.) I know, I made this on Pirate Ship so you could swim in the water. I put the models in modeldata10 where the ships model was, replaced all the other models I wasn't using with static, and saved all the animation data in the same modeldata.

3.) Except for the sky, bottom of the lake, and water everything is made from stage builder parts. I'll probably never get into Obj. importing (that's like 3ds max models right?).

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Keep working on it. When it's complete, ask someone with experience to help you with that.

Also, keep in mind that you can also use other stages, if Pirates is too complex. Jungle Japes and Delphino also have swimmable water.

Mit

Smash Ace
Keep trying with Pirate Ship though! I want to be able to use all of Pirate Ship's awesome music :)

Very unique idea for a stage, though. Can't wait for it. Some very unique situations and areas to battle in that have never been in any other stages before.

Only problem I can foresee, is Pirate Ship's water. Can it be retextured? Does it always move on its own?

If it moves on its own Delphino might be a better choice, but I think I might actually put up with the moving water for the Zelda soundtrack...

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Mit, are you aware we can actually use any music on any stage, aren't you?

Also, where is your Melee FD, GWatching? =/

Mit

Smash Ace
Yes, but I like to keep other, vanilla Brawl stages intact. That limits me to the stage expansion code and Dantarion's code. Expansion stages only use Battlefield music (and I'm not going to replace Battlefield's music because I like Battlefield), and Dantarion's code of course uses whatever stage you're replacing. .Rel files also screw up the stage you're replacing.

Olimario1892

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support everyone. It'll be a while before it's ready. I'm gonna take a break on it for a while though, I just started something new.

br3compactor

Smash Ace
Brinstar Dephts... if it were on Brawl at first place, I'd place another one stage over it lol

Dunno, maybe that's just me.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
for the rotating collisions to work right i'm a little worried that you may need to hex them as changing from floor to wall is not a ready option in bbox.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet you could get Brinstar Depths to work... for the most part, at least.

You could, for example, create 3 sets of collisions in the shape of the Depths. Make each one slightly smaller than the last. Make the biggest collision shape all floors, the 2nd biggest all walls, the 3rd all ceilings.

That could plausibly work, but I'm just guessing.

Top Bottom