• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage .H.A.C.K.ing Central

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
..im thinking of a way how to amp up hotdogturtle's battleskiff stage. the background itself is very nice, but the stage... i dunno... needs MOAR. of course if i edit it, i wont upload it to brawlvault, unless ppl request it.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Anyone need help with collision data? I've grown interested in those weird glitches people have been having.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
is that the part when you fought the yoshis in the first level of adventure mode?
is it really THAT ****ing hard to recognize yoshi's story? its pretty much the most played on melee stage aside from DL64.

you know what? forget it. its easier to just assume everybody is a moron and spoon feed them the obvious stuff.
its clearly too much to ask for a person on the internet to have any sort of ability to think...

Revven

FrankerZ
Anth0ny, it won't be that hard, the only hard part I imagine is animating it to the exact time interval it went through in Melee.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
is it really THAT ****ing hard to recognize yoshi's story? its pretty much the most played on melee stage aside from DL64.

you know what? forget it. its easier to just assume everybody is a moron and spoon feed them the obvious stuff.
its clearly too much to ask for a person on the internet to have any sort of ability to think...
Maybe it's unreasonable to expect smashboards posters outside of the tournament forums to understand anything about the games they're playing (or haven't played).

Anyway...

Have you ever been playing on Hyrule Temple and thought to yourself, "I love this stage so much, but I wish it had a nicer looking background and wasn't so bright, so I could enjoy it even more"?

Yeah, me neither.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anth0ny, it won't be that hard, the only hard part I imagine is animating it to the exact time interval it went through in Melee.
Not really. It takes exactly 20 seconds for randall to jog a lap around his set path, and he exits & enters the stage at intervals of exactly 5 seconds.
First step to learning proper counterpicking is memorizing all aspects of stages.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's unreasonable to expect smashboards posters outside of the tournament forums to understand anything about the games they're playing (or haven't played).

Anyway...

Have you ever been playing on Hyrule Temple and thought to yourself, "I love this stage so much, but I wish it had a nicer looking background and wasn't so bright, so I could enjoy it even more"?

Yeah, me neither.
~img~
Looks nice but you should have used the second version of the night Eldin because that one has a better moon. Also, that bridge can be removed if you wanted the stage lower...

Xigger

Smash Lord
Quick update. I figured out the problem with the Metal Mario stage, I'll upload the solution later tonight. Team Fortress 2 calls my way >.>

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
more updates. what fun! here's my work on Metal Mario's Stage:

i'm still not entirely happy with how the crystals have come out, or the smoothness of the current base. i'm going to try some more things to create that "rough" surface effect. i also am having a bit of trouble with the "grate" texture in that certain parts are not showing as transparent in-game.*

other than these points the stage plays and looks fine. its coming along quickly, but don't expect a release any time soon. i'm going to make sure this and DL64 are both 100% perfect before release. no half assing it.

this **** just got real.​

note that this isn't a "retexture" (as it were) of Gamewatching's. this is a complete remodel of his work. if you try to play this stage with a person using the older version over wifi it WILL desync. new collisions, new spawns, new boundaries, new level of epic.

*if anybody wants to help PM me, but be warned: i've have exhausted a considerable number of options. its not as easy as "select spaces, click del, profit". don't contact me unless you have considerable experience with textures. depending on who PMs me, i may or may not ignore you.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
@hotdogturtle.
u have just made temple 4x better.

@frozenhobo
looks awesome
(also, true that about some ppl)

@gameandwatching
could i have your cyrstal modle plzzz? :lick:

@mewtwo_2000
i cant wait till the game.. Viva espana
Cabrones!!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
These 3 stages have been updated/uploaded

Dark Subspace

Tabuu Stage

Mushroom Kingdom 64 (beta 3)

Xigger

Smash Lord
@Mewtwo: I didn't know Tabuu's Corruption (I think that's the name?) needed updated, besides proper ratios being adjusted. I guess I should have released mine when I made it all those months ago.

@Gamewatching: Sorry I took so long, but I figured it out yesterday. Made new collision data, same problem. Replaced every model with static, same problem. Gave models back but moved collision data 50x, problem solved. Moved stage with collision data, same problem.
So in short, it isn't the collision data. My first hunch was it's part of the teleport glitch in stage builder stages, but in one of our custom stages. What I do know, is that one of the models is bugging it out, maybe in coordination with Onett's effects.
On a completely maybe unrelated note, why do some of the stage models have TransNs and HipNs?

@FrozenHobo: But it's already out I just played on it yesterday >.>

EDIT: Speaking of not releasing stuff already out, who wants a beta test of my Subspace Gunship stage so they can record a video for Youtube?

Xigger

Smash Lord
i suggest you compare the pictures i posted with what you actually have in your game. you'll find that the two are indeed different.
Yeah, I'd imagine so. Wait... are you resizing it? If so, it may completely rid of this glitch that I've been trying to fix :(

GameWatching

Smash Ace
i haz a problem D:

it's textures,
i couldn't find the platforms textures,
the carton bush,
the left tree,
AND THE BG !!!!

if anyone could find them..

thanks to him

GameWatching

Smash Ace
nope oO,

it's not TEXTURE ripping,
see the BG ?
he is devided in multiple textures,
the trees are also 3D,
the Carton bushs either,

it's about to rip from the screen

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
What exactly has changed in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mewtwo?
Minor graphical changes, the lighting is a little different, and there's some animation in the background now. It's not finished yet, anyway.

@Mewtwo: I didn't know Tabuu's Corruption (I think that's the name?) needed updated, besides proper ratios being adjusted. I guess I should have released mine when I made it all those months ago.
The stage had the pokemon trainer in the middle instead of the background, and the boundaries were too big. Also, I only saw 1 stage similar to this one in the vault (one with edited textures) and it had these problems. So I uploaded mine with the fixes. Also, it's one of the 9 stages I'm including in my STGCUSTOM pack, so I thought it needed to be uploaded as an individual stage in the Vault, as a database it is.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo your stages are fantastic still, I mean you have definitely helped me on my previous stages and I can thank you a lot for that. I used to only change the pictures and the collision data but I have actually found out that you need to place different settings into each of your stages. What really surprises me is how you manage to fit all this data into a stage in so little time, because I find a consistency in stage uploads in BrawlVault. Nice work so far and I hope to see more uploads in the future.

Xigger

Smash Lord
To the both of you, good job with your stages. I guess if a new one's coming out then there's no point fixing GameWatching's Metal stage...

And sorry, I'll upload the textures tomorrow. I was working today.

Top Bottom