• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I wouldn't want to be in a car that made it from here to Paducah in two hours.

Cheeseonastick said:
One other thing I was wondering though. Think, you said you were at WashU right? What did you have to do to get in there? Right now I'm only a sophomore, but I've got a 4.0 GPA and I scored a 32 on my ACT. What did you get? Anyways, if you're still there three years from now, I'll be there with you for a little while (hopefully).
32 on ACT seems more than enough, as far as standardized tests go (not considering other factors), but WashU seems a lot tougher nowadays than when I applied. You should probably ask Binyan (Darkatma) about the latest standards.

To Deku: I'm more much proud that I got 1540 on the SAT's (out of 1600 before they changed it). Unfortunately I did much less spectacular on the MCAT and I hope I can do better on the USMLEs.

To Thinkaman: I think I should have some time on Thursday evening. Barring any unforseen blizzards or other natural disasters.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Heh, yeah, realistically it's about 2.5 hours with low traffic. If you stop for a quick bite and have medium/high traffic, think 3 hours.

I'll get more detials from Pat and myself as to the exact timing of this. Hopefully it warms up too...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There is no tourney unless I hold a tourney.

Which I could.

If we get on this ball, we might get Murry to come...? (Zoze and pals)

Also Inferno, GTFO of our thread. (That is STL-speak for "stay and chat awhile")

UnevenPavement

Smash Rookie
Mike-

Most of our crew lives in St. Peters. If you ever talk your dad into letting you come over for a Smash night, let me know and one of us can give you a ride there and back. We'll have to move some of the drugs out of my trunk to make room for you though. And you'll probably have to sit on a pile of used condoms and empty beer cans, but once you get used to the duck tape around your mouth it should be a fun trip. Keep in touch.

Oh and the rest of you should be more like Mike...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0AGiq9j_Ak

Kolby

Seriously though, if you ever need a ride just let us know. I wish we had had a chance to play singles together. I would like to see the Pika/Ness matchup against someone who actually mains him. Sounds like we are going to have a bunch of people at Will's tomorrow though? That will be awesome. Can't wait.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
On a serious note Mike, if it helps make a case to the powers that be, events at my place have a no alcohol policy. Just throwing that out there.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
On a double serious note, Corey, that thing you did against Future when he was IC'ing you, the "Corey Cancel" as it is so aptly named, works.
Danny keeps doing it to me, and I go into a ****** trance and SD.
New Link AT?

Legan

Smash Lord
On a double serious note, Corey, that thing you did against Future when he was IC'ing you, the "Corey Cancel" as it is so aptly named, works.
Danny keeps doing it to me, and I go into a ****** trance and SD.
New Link AT?
Maybeh. He must be doing it right

Radium88

Smash Lord
Wait, is Cheeseonastick that Ness guy? Hey, do you think your parents will let you go if a girl comes to pick you up? I'll give you a ride if you need one. I was the girl there.

Also, why the fudge are you already taking the ACT??? You're a sophomore!! From what I remember, Junior was hell year.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
There is no tourney unless I hold a tourney.

Which I could.

If we get on this ball, we might get Murry to come...? (Zoze and pals)

Also Inferno, GTFO of our thread. (That is STL-speak for "stay and chat awhile")

Man **** you guys. I'm gonna go make my own St. Louis with hookers and black jack. In fact, forget St Louis.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Wait, is Cheeseonastick that Ness guy? Hey, do you think your parents will let you go if a girl comes to pick you up? I'll give you a ride if you need one. I was the girl there.
**** it Rauleen I thought we told you to stop hitting on underage boys.... for that matter, you too Kolby.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
>_< Yeah, but then Legan came back and destroyed me in loser's (still trying to figure out how I blew that first round xD). But anyways, I unfortunately wont be able to make it tomorrow, because, as I said, I won't be able to do weekdays :(. Weekends on the other hand... I might be able to do something then :)

Edit: Oh and Think, the "no alcohol" policy, will definately help a lot.

Edit 2: I was just watching the news, and I couldn't help but laugh as they were doing the segment on the kid who found an error on the MAP test. It did the whole "I'm walking dramatically with my principal" thing, and you could see the kid run into the side of the door. I wouldn't have edited it out either.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion

Also, why the fudge are you already taking the ACT??? You're a sophomore!! From what I remember, Junior was hell year.
Jeez hitting on the lil' guy.
This deserves a 3 stock.
See you tomorrow.
Bring your A game.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
OH SNAPS!

Kyle straight up announced it! Let me break it down to you itinerary style!

FRIDAY!
1.) Depart around 5:00-6:00 PM (highly negotiable time frame).
2.) Stop in Raccoon City, Illinois (a.k.a. Mt. Vernon) and eat at Steak n' Shake. Observe the Haunted Chinese Restaurant/Hotel
3.) Arrive in Paducah around 8:00, and touch down at Kyle's House.
4.) Begin Epic game of Full Golf Course Capture the Flag.
5.) Play Smash until you fall asleep in Kyle's God Tier Basement.

SATURDAY!
1.) Red's Donuts or variety of Paducah eateries.
Now... BRANCHING PATHS!

PATH A: Remain at Kyle's!
2a.) Possibly Smash Tourney ???
3a.) Other ridiculous things Kyle plans.

PATH B: Hardcore Campout Barn Party!
2b.) Go Shopping at Ghetto Kroger!
3b.) Venture south 40 minutes to Pat's awesome Farm Property Barn hideout.
4b.) Chill out. Ignore choice laws. Don't be a liability.
5b.) Camp-out in Barn and surrounding area. Bonfire? Possibly a wagon ride???

SUNDAY!
1.) Wake up and reconvene.
2.) Head back around noon.

WHOAH! WHOAH! WHOAH! HOLD-UP!

Pat, Sunday sounds HELL OF lame.
Hmm... you're right. *BzzzZZZZRRRRP! Incoming Transmission!*

"I've come up with an easy springtime party menu from Southern Living April, 2008. The entrees are Feta Cheese Truffles for the appetizer served with cucumber slices, almonds, cherry tomatoes, and Kalamata olives; main course Chicken Scaloppine with spinach and linguine, chicken is served totally separate from the linguine with spinach and asparagus; three seed pan rolls, poppy, sesame, and fennel seeds; and then a dessert. I have not decided on the dessert yet. "

OH SNAPS! Now that is a Sunday! Pat's Mom has offered to cook! And Pat's Mom is quite a character, who you wouldn't want to miss your opportunity to meet.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Jeez hitting on the lil' guy.
This deserves a 3 stock.
See you tomorrow.
Bring your A game.
Geez, take it easy. If anything, it's impressive that any of you were able to resist the attraction of my raw manliness >_>

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Guys, I just have to interrupt this to say that Pat's mom is a person worth meeting.

Just saying.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Geez, take it easy. If anything, it's impressive that any of you were able to resist the attraction of my raw manliness >_>
I love this kid, he says things that amuse me.

Also i may have to find a way to get out of work, cause this weekend sounds phenomenal

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol <3 STL.

Corey Canceling was almost as pro as Metal standing on the owner's 9 foot 11 back to hang up a sheet to block the sun.

Edit: Twlight Prince :( Mario wanted to get his revenge.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Alt-F4: I didn't get to play you Saturday... I'm definately sticking around longer next time. By the way, what's the word on the idea of monthly tourneys at Ogre's? Is that idea still going?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Alt-F4: I didn't get to play you Saturday... I'm definately sticking around longer next time. By the way, what's the word on the idea of monthly tourneys at Ogre's? Is that idea still going?
Yeah sorry I was gonna play friendlies, but i was so caught up in future and metal's matches. Not to mention you would wreck me, I only take games off Legan when he is sandbagging.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
No, don't worry, it's fine. I should have probably been watching those matches as well, but I was playing doubles. We'll play next time though.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
no big deal you were having fun playing doubles, and obviously keeping your friend entertained for as long as humanly possible while doing so. I can't fault you for that, I mean come on it's a game it should be fun.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I do have my gay voice.
I am feeling a day full of it tomorrow at Metal's.
I can do a drunk voice pre' spot on too.
Just imagine me really drunk doing the gay voice.
Silly stuff.

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
Oh wow okay so I'm completely stoked for the weekend of epicness!!!
but one think i'm not too sure where it is i'll need and adress to pull up the directions
Also who all is going cause we need lots of peeps to make this epic
I mean come on IT'S BETTER THEN BEING ON A BOAT!!!
oh and thinkaman has the most epic melee tiers ever lol
and even though i just read probably three pages of the forum to catchup today it was the most entertainment i've ever had reading forums lol

Cook

Smash Master
One million :( 's!!!!!!!

Me and Nicole will be in St. Louis this weekend, but you guys are all gonna be gone on a magical adventure! I was hoping we could play some games Saturday night... is there anyone who ISN'T going?

Radium88

Smash Lord
aww that road trip sounds epic but if it's this weekend, it's way too short notice for me and i won't be able to make it. i can't get out of work with this short of a notice.

Top Bottom