• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, Matt is Orsic. So Matt, Eric, Todd, Rauleen, and Jordan, probs.

But are you allowed to go if Will doesn't?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fae went with us to ohio without will, so I would assume so.

Matt, how do we find you?

Osric

Smash Rookie
I think I'm going to stay back too. Last weekend actually put me behind in a few of my classes.

Pretty lame, I know.
Good luck to you guys that are going.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
5: Hylian
7: FightAdamantEevee
7: Cook
9: TMACC

I am disappoint
:( I was playing really well though. Just should have went all Wario vs Toon Link instead of trying D3 game 1...also lost game 3 to dat Joker.

Beat Diddy with D3 though. That set against JJ was definitely the best I've played D3 in a long time. Hadn't used him in so long, broke a ton of bad habits, and apparently learned patience from my Wario :)

Cook

Smash Master
I am disappoint, too. I beat Joker pretty soundly the first match, then stopped being patient and smart, because I'm a genius at this game. Had I kept playing the same I would have had Moe next, and I really think I would have beaten him, so that would have been guaranteed third. :(:(:(

Oh, and I got ***** by Jordan in losers, lol. I NEED MK. :(:(:(

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, Olimar is pretty good. That's why I blamed my losses on myself.

Oh, except the one to Jordan. But that wasn't my character's fault, I just don't like that matchup. Not that I like it with MK, either, but I feel much safer that way. I make too many mistakes with Olimar. :(

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
Yo.

A lot of you probs don't know me. I've been to two tournaments (HD2 and that one really small one at that mall's scifi lounge). I took a break from melee for a while because my controller broke and I was too lazy to buy a new controller and a triwing, but I just got both of them about a week ago. Been playing about 2 hours a day since. Melee is fun.

I'll try to go to a lot more gigs in the future. Just ones that are somewhat near Stl, though.

I haven't played with anyone in sooo long since Daniel went to college. We used to play all the time after school. BABY COME BACK

I'll fosho be at the Rolla thing (IF MOMMY LETS ME :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:)

Teh Future

Smash Master
The gameplay looks really good actually but I don't want to buy another Capcom game where they make you pay for 10 dollar updates so the game actually costs 80 dollars thats som ol bull****. OMFG I can also get a Dr. Manhattan costume for Seth for only $7.99!?!?!!? DLC is terrible. Plus Im still trying to learn skeet fighter I would be so lost if I tried to play that. It does look cool though it looks like people are playing a real game instead of 218904741237982173 hit combos and constant fireworks like Marvel is set-up.

Oh and this is awesome although I don't think it will ever get passed in Missouri because it's a terrible state with a lot of corn and old people and smelly republicans.

http://show-mecannabis.com/

:D

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
The gameplay looks really good actually but I don't want to buy another Capcom game where they make you pay for 10 dollar updates so the game actually costs 80 dollars thats som ol bull****. OMFG I can also get a Dr. Manhattan costume for Seth for only $7.99!?!?!!? DLC is terrible. Plus Im still trying to learn skeet fighter I would be so lost if I tried to play that. It does look cool though it looks like people are playing a real game instead of 218904741237982173 hit combos and constant fireworks like Marvel is set-up.

Oh and this is awesome although I don't think it will ever get passed in Missouri because it's a terrible state with a lot of corn and old people and smelly republicans.

http://show-mecannabis.com/

It's all right. Illinois is the same way, except even colder.

Jace08

Smash Lord
hey future will I see you at the rolla monthly? we gotta play some 64 again dude

and all you stl melee guys, can't wait to play you as well!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
David, I found a way to make you understand dubstep:

http://vimeo.com/36820781

Also,

The paid DLC in Street Fighter is Costumes, it's not characters. SFxT will be the same way, pretty sure.

The new characters came from "Super" and "AE" which were full, standalone updates released no less than a year apart. Sure, every year they're going to release a new version that you have to pay for probably, yeah, but it will have new characters and re-balancing. This is a GOOD thing. Your brain is warped by the dumb Nintendo model.

What's ~$80 over the course of a year to keep playing a game that is awesome and is FULLY SUPPORTED competitively by the developer? What's $100? I'd pay $200 if it meant I could guarantee the quality of competitive support, balancing, and updates that Capcom (and more specifically Ono) puts out compared to other fighting games.

Worth every penny.

Seriously, think about how totally worth your money that level of support is. Realize that Nintendo has jaded you and made you think that ****ty games that cost $50 and are NEVER touched again or supported in ANY WAY is a good thing... now think about how ******** that is.

Teh Future

Smash Master
No not updating the game is stupid I agree. Releasing updates that cost money is.... eh. Releasing DLC characters is ****in redikalus

EDIT: OMG that video was aaamazing. I wish thats what raves were like I'd be there er day.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I wish I could. No money~ Scratch that, Fuu, I wanna go. If you check smashboards before you go to the tournament and see this, hit me up.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Made it into Grand Finals on winners side at the local SF tourney today... was close to winning and then lost to some clutch **** in set 1 of GF. Set 2 I was mentally checked out and got pwned :( Still, 2nd place with terrible Oni? Good times :)

Also, the venue was AWESOME. It's called "The Hookup" and it's off of Woodson road (2518 Woodson Rd., Overland, MO), like 20 minutes from my place. It's huge and they have a crap ton of TVs new and old, couches, retro gaming systems, etc.

If anyone is thinking of doing a tournament for Smash, or anything really, the venue is amazing and I highly recommend it!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Made it into Grand Finals on winners side at the local SF tourney today... was close to winning and then lost to some clutch **** in set 1 of GF. Set 2 I was mentally checked out and got pwned :( Still, 2nd place with terrible Oni? Good times :)

Also, the venue was AWESOME. It's called "The Hookup" and it's off of Woodson road (2518 Woodson Rd., Overland, MO), like 20 minutes from my place. It's huge and they have a crap ton of TVs new and old, couches, retro gaming systems, etc.

If anyone is thinking of doing a tournament for Smash, or anything really, the venue is amazing and I highly recommend it!
You know what kind of venue costs it would have?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Joey we need to hang out wtf.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
So.... I checked my pulse and it turns out I'm alive. Who is drinking this weekend? Cause I am gonna need to do something after I get obliterated in the tourney. I am gonna be even worse than I was. :/

Teh Future

Smash Master
So i am hostan a tournament this weekend :D

Er body should be there and tell ya friends cause entries might be a little on tha low side.

Also Steven no body plays anymore so it shouldn't be worse than usual. And if it is then just play SKEET FIGHTER because I am definitely worse at that game then you are at brawl. Traditional fighters still break my head.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
So.... I checked my pulse and it turns out I'm alive. Who is drinking this weekend? Cause I am gonna need to do something after I get obliterated in the tourney. I am gonna be even worse than I was. :/
YAY. I'm excited you're coming.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will you have to come so we can have

Top Bottom