• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Cook

Smash Master
Oh how I've missed Uncle Willy.

You missed a *****in' party, man! I, for one, didn't go to bed until 6:30 PM the next day.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm new on the smashboards. I've been playing SSBM since 2001 when it came out, but never really got into the smashboards except for looking up tourney info. Just interested in keeping an eye out for local tournaments, occasional friendly matches, etc. I live in south city near Tower Grove. I used to put together Melee tournaments at MU back in the 2004-2008 time period. I played with Andy (can't remember his last name), and he taught me a lot of stuff. This video is from 2008, so it's dated, and I play a little better than this now, but it's me vs Andy at a MU tourney (andy won ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcBB76rvlA

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, new to the boards. Looking for STL folks to play some melee with and hopefully get involved in some tournaments or something. I have a tricky Samus, and a half-decent Jigglypuff. I live in the Tower Grove Park area. I have kids and 3 jobs on a good week, so I can't play all the time. I stopped playing smash and organizing tournaments once I left my smash homies in COMO in 2008... I got married and realized I needed a career. Message me.

Oh, and I play for fun. I am a serious player, but I'm very easy to get along with and don't get pissed off... unless you really are a jerk. Just please don't try to convince me that my worldview is wrong while we play. Thanks.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
yo0o0o0o0o0

Ya'll should host something on the 3rd or 4th week of May. Nicole will be back in the MW!
YOOOOOO, I definitely agree. I'd even come up from home during summer, 2 hours away, to come to something like this.

Also, I don't know if TP stops by here anymore...but he I used him to remember that Aspartate, Asparagine, Alanine, Arginine, Glutamate, Glutamine, Glycine, Serine, Cystein, Tyrosine, and Proline were non-essential amino acids for Biochem tomorrow.

GASC TP

Gassy TP :)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Any of ya'll interested in going to this - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317705

I've already set my mind on going, but if any of you guys wanna carpool with me, lemme know ;o
According to mapquest, from KC you'll be passing right through my hometown Cape Girardeau (where I'll be home for the summer when this is happening), so if you are indeed passing through Cape on your way there, I may be interested!

:phone:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
...How do I start this? Uh...long time no see?

Been almost two years since I've done anything. A real bad run in with anxiety and...I shouldn't go into it, but I ended up bowing out of college for the semester back in February and I've been in town since. I've realized over the last couple months that I really need more to do than sit around the house, try to put up with my family, and hope I get lucky enough to find a job that lasts me through the summer.

...Actually, I should probably re-introduce myself. It's been since...the summer of 2010? I was under a different name then...pretty close to this one, though. The Kirby main that showed up for a few months and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

...The guy that got JV 4 stocked by Hylian's ICs in friendlies at one of David's tournaments? >_>

Anyway...I need stuff to do out of the house. I remember weeklies fell apart last summer, but has someone started something up again?

BPx

Smash Lord
...How do I start this? Uh...long time no see?

Been almost two years since I've done anything. A real bad run in with anxiety and...I shouldn't go into it, but I ended up bowing out of college for the semester back in February and I've been in town since. I've realized over the last couple months that I really need more to do than sit around the house, try to put up with my family, and hope I get lucky enough to find a job that lasts me through the summer.

...Actually, I should probably re-introduce myself. It's been since...the summer of 2010? I was under a different name then...pretty close to this one, though. The Kirby main that showed up for a few months and then disappeared off the face of the earth.

...The guy that got JV 4 stocked by Hylian's ICs in friendlies at one of David's tournaments? >_>

Anyway...I need stuff to do out of the house. I remember weeklies fell apart last summer, but has someone started something up again?
JoWii is that you

:troll:

Dnyce

Smash Master
I just realized how real the name "team real team" is. Like.... the concept of reality... is about how real things are really real. Sometimes you know when a real thing is real, but sometimes you think something is real when it isn't. that means order to realize whether something could be real or not... you have to prove to yourself that you really know it's real with lots of real reasons... otherwise it could be unreal. So realizing how real a real thing really is in reality... is based on the number of real reasons we have to prove it's not unreal.

So a "real team" is what it team REALLY is... meaning the name "team real team" is like saying their team strategy is focused toward being more real than their opponents team... in reality.

#kit and jordan #mindblown #yolo

Top Bottom