• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hornets are rigged in the first NBA JAM, you can score a 3-pointer guarenteed every time so long as your opponent isn't wise/throws shove. (not talking about using the fire code, either).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey Jordan, joker made ice climbers legal this tourney, you should come
Haha.

I just remembered I have a meeting saturday morning so I can't go anyways :/.

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
Hey St. Louis gang,

You guys still get together often for some Melee, Brawl, and Project M? My brother and I have been disconnected from the Smash Community ever since Brawl was released because we were somewhat disappointed. We used to go to a bunch of local tournaments. I would often lose terribly, and my brother would get first or at least close to it. My brother is Fred. He plays a mean Falco in Melee.

Let me know if any smashing for fun events are happening and we'd love to stop by. We used to go to Geno's all the time, but haven't heard anything in forever.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
More like Nintendo is really smart, and it sucks for gamers.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
More like Nintendo is really smart, and it sucks for gamers.
If they were really smart, they'd realize that they don't have to forsake real gamers to do what they're doing. I don't knock them for aiming at casuals, that's just smart business.

But they actually actively speak out against / try to screw over the hardcore audience... there's no reason for that. I don't see how they think it's a good idea, it does nothing but further alienate them from customers who would have otherwise remained loyal regardless of a narrower focus on casuals.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If they were really smart, they'd realize that they don't have to forsake real gamers to do what they're doing. I don't knock them for aiming at casuals, that's just smart business.

But they actually actively speak out against / try to screw over the hardcore audience... there's no reason for that. I don't see how they think it's a good idea, it does nothing but further alienate them from customers who would have otherwise remained loyal regardless of a narrower focus on casuals.
I would say that it's more sakurai that trys to screw over the hardcore audience, not Nintendo in general. Nintendo designing consoles more for the causal audience is really smart, but the bad side of that is that it's really hard/impossible to make something for a hardcore/casual audience and have it be practical.

I actually like their new controller concept a lot. I hatteeee the wii-mote, and really think moving away from motion control in that manner is a good thing. The fact that they are paying more attention to the strength of their system(the biggest gripe with most gamers and the Wii) and moving away from motion control with something innovative and appealing when other companies are putting a lot of money into refining their motion devices is pretty much brilliant.

Obviously, only time will tell if they make the Wii-U better but I think the design of the console is a step in the right direction at least and gives me hope that nintendo will make things I want to buy again.

Edit: I should also clarify I've lost all hope with anything Sakurai touches lol.

Nuris

Smash Lord
LOL
Forum titles: Unsaved trash, Confirmed Enemy of God, Lying fluffy-bunny false Christian
Some gems:
"There is nothing ridiculous in True Christianity™. It is the unerring Word of God, which makes it 100% right." DAT LOGIC
"Okay so why couldn't the designers explain the element with the Power of Jesus Christ?"
"Then explain why J.K. Rowling wrote a series of manuals with the sole purpose of turning children away from Jesus and toward witchcraft.

Case closed."
SO MUCH LOGIC THAT IT'S UNDENIABLE

**** i started reading other parts of the forum and now im really scared and sad someone hold me :<

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL
Forum titles: Unsaved trash, Confirmed Enemy of God, Lying fluffy-bunny false Christian
Some gems:
"There is nothing ridiculous in True Christianity™. It is the unerring Word of God, which makes it 100% right." DAT LOGIC
"Okay so why couldn't the designers explain the element with the Power of Jesus Christ?"
"Then explain why J.K. Rowling wrote a series of manuals with the sole purpose of turning children away from Jesus and toward witchcraft.

Case closed."
SO MUCH LOGIC THAT IT'S UNDENIABLE

**** i started reading other parts of the forum and now im really scared and sad someone hold me :<
I was almost late for work because i couldn't stop reading lol. It's hard to believe people like that exist.

:phone:

BPx

Smash Lord
" Will Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim be ok to play or will it be evil
Ive been reading a lot of the video game threads and Im worried. Some of the games are ones I really like particularly Oblivion. U say its evil and I believe u so Ive taken all my games outside to the firepit in our yard and burned them.
Im really looking forward to playing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which is from the same ppl who made Oblivion and Im wondering if it will be evil too. If it is should I avoid buying it at all or should I buy it then play it for a bit to confirm its evil then burn it to.
Im praying on this but I hope u can help me find an answer before it comes out later this year."
loooooooooooool.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
M2K beat me and Domo both playing with 1 hand (I only got 1 match, I would have started grabbing/spamming f-smash if he let me play again). M
K is that broken.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Will I found something fun for you to read:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24063

I had a good laugh. I can't believe how seriously crazy some people are.
lol, I've seen stuff like this before. It's really funny until you realize that, despite how many of them are satires, a lot of them are REAL... and that's scary. lol

Also,

Right decision made for mostly incorrect reasons and announced at a poor time by an extremely biased committee.
Sounds about right.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
While rauleen may racially fit yellow ranger, her personality fits pink perfectly. Also dating green ranger, nuff said.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Do your good deed for the year! Donate a $1!

Hey guys! My friend Kevin Ziegler is trying to raise money for our local hospitals, St. Louis Children's Hospital and Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center. He needs sponsors! If you could donate even $1 it'd help out a lot! His team name is Plaid Lantern Corps. If you donate $5 or more, I'll send you cookies ;D Just email me the letter they send you or a print screen the thank you letter and your address and what kind of cookies you want, if you donate anonymously! If you put your name there, just send me your address and what kind of cookies you want!

https://www.extra-life.org/
www.extra-life.org

Cook

Smash Master
^Imma pee in the butt of the person you hold most dear!

Then if you do that person in the butt you'll have my pee on your dic!

Top Bottom