• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
When you compare it to other fast food I don't really think it's overrated lol.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
When you compare it to other fast food I don't really think it's overrated lol.
The topping selection and burgers are pretty good, but the fries sucked. Also for the same price I could have gotten a burger at Red Robbin or Chile's for the same price (including tip). It is better than average fast food but you pay more than I am willing to for it.

Cook

Smash Master
It's fast food? I thought it was like >$10. If that's the case I don't think it can be fast food, lol.

TP

Smash Master
It's 10 bucks for a burger and fries, but the burgers consistently win all the awards for best burger in STL. As for the fries sucking, I'll work on that.

Cook

Smash Master
^St. Louis is a bit bigger, lol.

Still, imo a franchise shouldn't be able to win best anything. Best burger in St. Louis should be a burger that you can ONLY get in St. Louis. This some ol' bull****.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The topping selection and burgers are pretty good, but the fries sucked. Also for the same price I could have gotten a burger at Red Robbin or Chile's for the same price (including tip). It is better than average fast food but you pay more than I am willing to for it.
Did you get the cajun fries? I thought they were good aside from the fact the last time I had them they were over-seasoned. Also, one small fry at Five guys is pretty much equal to 5 or 6 large fries from Mcdonalds in the amount of fries you get. Maybe more, Rauleen and I can never finish a single small fry there by ourselves.

Also, the burgers are REALLY good, they taste like you cooked them on your own grill with good meat. I guess I might just be used to eating fast food burgers but I like them a lot.

It's entirely possible the one I'm eating at is good and the one you are eating at is bad lol, probably varies from store to store.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dunno I'm just kind of not having any preconceived notions and plan on judging their new system for what it's worth. Could be awesome, could suck.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You guys should try King Kong's restaurant in Omaha and Lincoln, it's pretty good if you love big burgers but it's a little pricey.

Also we'll see about this new console Nintendo planned, my problem is that Microsoft and Sony are going to release more powerful consoles and blow Nintendo out of the water and they may be back to square one like this generation in ways.

BPx

Smash Lord
i'm going to host a my mom is leaving me the house everyone come get drunk tourney this month, she won't tell me the date she is leaving yet tho :(

Cook

Smash Master
Will, have you played Olimar at all anymore? You should get good with him so I can learn to play against him!

If I ever come back, lol.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
My hometown is STL... Might come back to visit sometime.
based on your avatar and sig you will have to bring me 2 forms of ID and an unpaid utility to prove to me that you are not TP in disguise

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

Nuris

Smash Lord
What you nerds know about Heart Attack Grill?

You can't put a price on those... burgers.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hay will can kemo go to yo house this week?
Rauleen has to work and I might not go just a heads up. Not sure yet we'll see how I feel after work.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Thought I'd give you guys an update, since housing seemed to be an issue: for the Pathways tournament on June 18th here in Springfield, we might be able to let people sleep in the venue. There are tons of couches and a lot of space, so it's likely we could fit everyone travelling who needs a place to crash in there just fine. We do have to look into this a little more to be 100% certain there isn't an issue with it, but it's a very strong possibility. Also, we replaced the Brawl Minus bracket with normal Brawl doubles. We're still planning to have SSF4.

Edit: we're also planning to have a larger Melee-only tournament in August on top of our usual monthly event, currently planned to happen on the 6th. It'll have higher entry fees, but that means higher prizes. We're also hoping to have a Brawl-only tournament in September (planned to be on the 3rd), but I need to make sure that there is interest from travelling locations. Anyone from St. Louis interested in either?

Top Bottom