• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Teh Future

Smash Master
who all is going to brainshock and who is driving?

i can drive if we need another car.

for sure i just know:

me
eric
richard
leg on
a ninja and a princess

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'm definitely going to Brainshock, and my friend Seth from home in Cape Girardeau is coming as well.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to Genesis? If you haven't paid for a plane ticket, I suggest you do because prices are going up! We got a room but we only manage to book a single bed room. Everything else was sold out :\

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Weeeee just as I suspected, there will be no ports for GC controllers on the new console; we will all be using Wii-motes or Classic controllers, either way it's terrible. Then we can play our handheld 3DS-compatible version of Smash at 4 frames per second with terrible controls on both the portable version AND the console version! YAY!!!!

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know already, you can only use ONE of the "cool LCD screen controllers" per console, so that's not an option either.

I'm so "excited" for this new console ~_~

I think this might make me done with Smash, which is sad... time will tell.

TP

Smash Master
Pretty much. The general reaction to the Wii U has been "hardcore gamers get a good nintendo console yay" and I look at it and I'm like wtf since when is this what a hardcore gamer wants.

*****es don't know bout my ordinary controllers.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Pretty much. The general reaction to the Wii U has been "hardcore gamers get a good nintendo console yay" and I look at it and I'm like wtf since when is this what a hardcore gamer wants.

*****es don't know bout my ordinary controllers.
No ****ing ****, man. I don't understand why people think this is "what real gamers want". It's just more freaking Wii Tennis only now IT'S IN HD OMG YAY HD WII SPORTS ZOMFG.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Problem is that "hardcore" gamer doesn't mean what it did back in the 90's. Hell, it's even different than the 00's, though those gamers who started in the 00's era are to blame for today (looking at you GTA and Halo players, specifically). Video games are too mainstream and lots of stupid people who aren't good at video games and like playing games that look and control like crap are considered "hardcore" gamers just because they are rich and can afford to buy the next piece of tech-demo crap month after month.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean, it will probably suck for smash but I like the concept a lot more than the wiimote. Looks like it will be a lot of fun to play other games and actually have good online play.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Drakatma on genos FB page:

"chris if you read this check the stl thread"

Cook

Smash Master
I thought the Wii U looked dumb as soon as I saw it. But if it has USB ports then maybe someone will make a converter for GCN to USB. Or maybe Nintendo or a 3rd party will make a GCN-like controller that attaches to a Wiimote.

Also immediately thought Smash on a handheld would suck, so I don't know why anyone was excited about that. Who wants to go to a tournament for a fighter on a handheld? Talk about the antithesis of hype.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You know, you can enjoy things without there being tournaments for them.

Cook

Smash Master
You can enjoy them, but they get old WAY faster without a competitive scene. So while I could enjoy it for a while with some buds, I would prefer for them to make something I can play for years.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'm definitely going to Brainshock, and my friend Seth from home in Cape Girardeau gaytown is coming as well.
fix'd, get it right

Is anyone going to Genesis? If you haven't paid for a plane ticket, I suggest you do because prices are going up! We got a room but we only manage to book a single bed room. Everything else was sold out :\
thx for the update rauleen, dont forget that i'm staying with you guys!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can enjoy them, but they get old WAY faster without a competitive scene. So while I could enjoy it for a while with some buds, I would prefer for them to make something I can play for years.
You're original statement was that you hated the idea of it being on a handheld... They are making it for both, so I don't see the point in complaining about them giving you more options in that regard. I think it would be awesome to play smash on a handheld on the way to a tournament for the console version.

And honestly, the Wii-U controller doesn't look that akward to get used to, I don't know though I'm holding judgement until I play with one lol. Having only one controller per console is what's going to kill it more than anything, though with the usb ports I wouldn't be surprised if someone make a GC controller adapter, though I'm not sure how the software would support it.

Trent

Smash Champion
Man everyone's getting into God Kais, I just noticed.

I feel obligated to go to Genesis based solely on the name.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Everyone stfu about the wii-u
You guys probably *****ed about the way the game cube controllers looked when they first came out.
Hold your judgement until you actually play the ****ing system., you just sound dumb complaining about something based on the way you "think" its gonna turn out.
If you don't like it once you play it that's fine but at least have a legit reason.

Also, I'm sorry but God-Kais sounds like some super cool group my friends and I would make up when we were 12 after watching a Dragon Ball Z episode.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, why would anyone think the GCN controller looked dumb?It's a normal controller. The Wii-U, on the other hand... lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Yeah, why would anyone think the GCN controller looked dumb?It's a normal controller. The Wii-U, on the other hand... lol.
In 2000 when the Gamecube was unveiled people(just like you guys) were *****ing about how it looked stupid and childish, turns out all of you liked it.

There's a silly little saying that goes "Never judge a book by it's cover".:psycho:

Just FYI if you guys end up liking the Wii-U I'm nevvveerr gonna let it go about how you all bellyached over it before you even had the chance to play it.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
People did ***** about the GCN controller in 2000 when it was unveiled...like, a lot.

Just try it...that's my opinion. We know next to NOTHING about the new Smash, and nothing is set in stone...at all. Just keep an open mind to it until we know for sure that it will be ****.

I'm really excited for it, personally. Not having SUPER high hopes, but I'm thinking we will all be pleasantly surprised.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I'd probably get the new Smash because I'm a huge smash fan and I've been playing all of them until the next one in the series came out. I guess this one will just need more adapting, like from N64 controller to GCC. But it's like Pokemon imo. Everytime there's a new generation released everyone's like those pokemon look ******** and I'm not buying it because that screws it up. Then they play it anyway because they know they want to and adapt to it. After a while then those pokemon don't look any different than the other previous ones.
inb4don'tcompareaman'sgametopokemon

Cook

Smash Master
In 2000 when the Gamecube was unveiled people(just like you guys) were *****ing about how it looked stupid and childish, turns out all of you liked it.

There's a silly little saying that goes "Never judge a book by it's cover".:psycho:

Just FYI if you guys end up liking the Wii-U I'm nevvveerr gonna let it go about how you all bellyached over it before you even had the chance to play it.
But... I wasn't one of those people, so I don't understand what you're getting at. I didn't hate it and then decide it was ok, I thought it was fine the whole time. What other people thought is pretty irrelevant to whether I have the right to ***** about it.

When the Wii was unveiled I was really excited about it and thought it was gonna be awesome. A couple years later I finally realized it was pretty lame and now I never play it, except for Brawl. Considering that THREE PEOPLE WILL BE USING WIIMOTES WITH WII-U I think it's fairly safe to say I'm not going to care about it. Nintendo is going to have to do work to impress me because they're pretty much a big wet turd imo.

And this is coming from someone who used to be a huge ******** Nintendo fanboy.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I want to go to brainshock if I don't work.

Top Bottom