• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
metal only asks that because he's the professional buttsex giver

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

Cook

Smash Master
I WAS going to go to Will's today and play Bawls for the first time in like 30 weeks, but idk. Gas is so expensive! And I kind of wanted to go to the pool and work on my tan, lol. I guess I can do that the rest of this week, but it might not be sunny! I dunno, we'll see what I end up doing!!!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I hear that you fine St. Louis folk are quite good at the Smash Bros. We're having monthly tournaments over here in Springfield, and would like to let you all know that you're more than welcome to come participate. I'm not sure if your scene leans more toward Brawl or Melee, but we'll be having both (as well as SSB64) at our event on June 18th. I also heard there may be interest in SSF4 from St. Louis, and if that's the case we could easily include a bracket for that.

If time allows it, we're going to have singles brackets for SSB64, Brawl and Brawl Minus, and Melee (x2), plus a Melee doubles bracket. There will be a $2 combined tournament fee for the Brawl and Melee singles brackets, plus a featured $5 Melee bracket. All of the other events are free, and will probably have silly novelty prizes. Also, all of the entry fee money goes directly to the pot, so there's no cut taken for the venue or any other expense.

Let us know over in the Springfield, MO Discussion Thread if anyone's interested, or go ahead and post in the Pathways XI June tournament thread. Thanks, and I hope some of you are able to come by.

MetalMusicMan

I hear that you fine St. Louis folk are quite good at the Smash Bros. We're having monthly tournaments over here in Springfield, and would like to let you all know that you're more than welcome to come participate. I'm not sure if your scene leans more toward Brawl or Melee, but we'll be having both (as well as SSB64) at our event on June 18th. I also heard there may be interest in SSF4 from St. Louis, and if that's the case we could easily include a bracket for that.

If time allows it, we're going to have singles brackets for SSB64, Brawl and Brawl Minus, and Melee (x2), plus a Melee doubles bracket. There will be a $2 combined tournament fee for the Brawl and Melee singles brackets, plus a featured $5 Melee bracket. All of the other events are free, and will probably have silly novelty prizes. Also, all of the entry fee money goes directly to the pot, so there's no cut taken for the venue or any other expense.

Let us know over in the Springfield, MO Discussion Thread if anyone's interested, or go ahead and post in the Pathways XI June tournament thread. Thanks, and I hope some of you are able to come by.

SSF4 and Brawl? NOICE! I might try to go to this-- how's the housing situation?

TP

Smash Master
There might not be a monthly in June, since the guy I set these up with just left town for two weeks and I totally did not remember to establish the next one. To be continued.

My boss wants to be able to go directly to a website online by clicking on a shortcut on the desktop. Making the site his homepage is not an option. What would be the best way to go about doing this?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rauleen and I aren't going.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it figures the one time I'm free enough to come down, no one goes again

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Hylian: Yo man....WTF did you do to hack the game like you did?!?!?! I was watching one of MMM's matches and it seems like you called NANA back from the dang blast zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmu2TXGT76U&feature=player_detailpage#t=87s

How far away can Nana be summoned? Oh yeah, tell Miss Rauleen happy belated birthday.

@St. Louis: Sup, especially Jowii hahaha :)

Edit: @MMM: OMG man...how did you stand playing that set?!?! SOOOoooo many times you had them BOTH killed and Hylian made up some craziness and comes back. I mean, WOW stage spike the man and he comes back and edge hogs you...I almost spit up my drink.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
SSF4 and Brawl? NOICE! I might try to go to this-- how's the housing situation?
Housing is a bit iffy. As a terrible last resort, it's potentially maybe possible kinda sorta that I could house people here, but I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't take very well to strange men being over here for Smash in general, so it would not be likely that I could convince her to let people I've never met stay overnight. Our main Melee player, Zivilyn Bane, has given housing to people from Arkansas before, so it's possible he'd be able to again. It's still not ideal since he has children. You could post in the Springfield, MO or the tournament thread if you want to try to arrange something. And since it sounds like SSF4 is in demand, I'll make sure we have that going on at the tournament.

MetalMusicMan

Housing is a bit iffy. As a terrible last resort, it's potentially maybe possible kinda sorta that I could house people here, but I live with my girlfriend and she doesn't take very well to strange men being over here for Smash in general, so it would not be likely that I could convince her to let people I've never met stay overnight. Our main Melee player, Zivilyn Bane, has given housing to people from Arkansas before, so it's possible he'd be able to again. It's still not ideal since he has children. You could post in the Springfield, MO or the tournament thread if you want to try to arrange something. And since it sounds like SSF4 is in demand, I'll make sure we have that going on at the tournament.
Hrmnrmnrmrnmrnmrnrmnrnrnnmnnnnnn

@Hylian: Yo man....WTF did you do to hack the game like you did?!?!?! I was watching one of MMM's matches and it seems like you called NANA back from the dang blast zone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmu2TXGT76U&feature=player_detailpage#t=87s

How far away can Nana be summoned? Oh yeah, tell Miss Rauleen happy belated birthday.

@St. Louis: Sup, especially Jowii hahaha :)

Edit: @MMM: OMG man...how did you stand playing that set?!?! SOOOoooo many times you had them BOTH killed and Hylian made up some craziness and comes back. I mean, WOW stage spike the man and he comes back and edge hogs you...I almost spit up my drink.

OMG TELL ME ABOUT IT!

After game 2 on Battlefield I turned to Jordan and was just like "****ING SERIOUSLY JORDAN!!???!?! ****ING SERIOUSLY!?!??!?!?"

Most unexpected thing I have probably ever experienced, if you could have asked me in that moment I would have been 100% sure that he was dead >_<

Cook

Smash Master
Omfg I used an oven mitt to pull curly fries out of the oven and IT STILL BURNED ME AND I HAVE A ****ING BLISTER, WTF. Serously, how do you get burned when you have an oven mitt, omg. But I have a date with a lady this weekend, so wish me luck. I tried to did work tonight.

BPx

Smash Lord
What happened to MMM was the same thing that happened to me in the crew battle. Sweet bike gimp on Hylian? JK SAVES NANA FROM ACROSS THE MAP AND GIMPS YOU

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol I know her rescue bubble pretty well, it's a matter of getting there and hoping she doesn't up-b right before I do. She's dumb so I'm pretty experienced at saving her XD.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Hrmnrmnrmrnmrnmrnrmnrnrnnmnnnnnn
Well, our Branson guy said he'd volunteer to give housing if people are willing to take the extra drive to Branson. No one else has offered just yet, but I'll let you know if anyone does. I also confirmed that I can't give housing, though I'd like to.

Also, to keep you guys current, we replaced Brawl Minus with a Brawl doubles bracket.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Happy birthday rauleen!!!
@Hylian:
Thaaankks!! :D

Omfg I used an oven mitt to pull curly fries out of the oven and IT STILL BURNED ME AND I HAVE A ****ING BLISTER, WTF. Serously, how do you get burned when you have an oven mitt, omg. But I have a date with a lady this weekend, so wish me luck. I tried to did work tonight.
Lol, don't buy cheap mitts? Also, gluck!

TP

Smash Master
Just got a 40 hour/week job at 5 Guys thanks to my best friend being promoted to manager there. Life is good.

Top Bottom