• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

SamDvds

Smash Ace
i might be able to make it...cept for i dunno how to get anywhere at washu cause i dont go there -_- . i only live like 5 mins away from it though

darkatma

Smash Hero
uhm
ask alex or kyle, i have no idea about any of the addresses
anyone else wanna come?
be nice to have some smash :p

yeah deku i can give you sheik practice :p I'm fairly sure my sheik won't be too easy.. unless you're crazy good or something

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey alex (livix) is heading over right now, does anyone else wanna melee?
sam if you wanna come, i'm sure alex can describe directions to you
just call me at 510 493 0926 i guess

6515 Wydown Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63105
is the address

Random6669

Smash Apprentice
Man, as if Link didn't already have it hard enough in Melee...

and poor Cpt. Falcon... from almost best to absolute worst...

Ganon prolly would have done better if they hadn't have replaced his real legs with prosthetic ones and inflicted him with some sort of strange living rigor mortis. But at least my favorite character made top tier. DDD FTW!!!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
To anyone at WashU, do you know of any construction dumpsters that I could throw stuff in?

Darkatma, my tag is LIXIvium, not LIVIxium (V before X except after LI)

Lixivium:

A solution of alkaline salts extracted from wood ashes; hence, any solution obtained by lixiviation.

(From Webster's Dictionary)

MuBa

Smash Lord
Perhaps I could try to make a bold step and make it a No-Tripping Brawl Tournament.

But before I even try that I'm gonna do some experiments with the HBC on every version of the Wii. If I'm thinking what may work correctly then there would be no problem in installing HBC and the No-Tripping code.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'd rather not play no-tripping brawl, personally, since the "norm" is still tripping/unmodded, I'd rather not get used to a trippless brawl and hurt my reaction time when I trip in an unmodded copy of the game.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Norm or not, people don't like tripping. They ***** about it wishing it wasn't there, and now that we've found an answer to it, whether it is through code manipulation, they don't want a no-tripping tournament. =/

Stupid randomization like that should NOT be in the game. It messes up rhythms in general.

Legan

Smash Lord
If anyone else would like to go to the midwest circuit on the 12-13 let us know. Right now we got:

Thinka
Me
Muba(you better not bail out on us)

Its going to be pretty awesome guys, you shouldnt miss out.

MetalMusicMan

I agree that tripping should not be in the game for the same reasons you specified. However, it IS in the game, and as such, I'd rather play with it on until it is officially stated in tourney rules or w/e that homebrew is the "standard"

Teh Future

Smash Master
It's never going to be standard for most tourneys, it'd just be too hard to implement. At the same time, if you have a modded Wii, I don't think anyone will really care if you turn tripping off.

I can't make it today MMM, sorry. In about a week or so I'll finally get a running car/jeep that I can drive wherever. I can't wait, I hate sitting here not able to go anywhere because I can't get a ride. You can only play CPUs so many times...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
There's no need for hacking. Tripping is dumb but it's not game-breaking. It would be like hacking Melee to remove phantom hits.

MetalMusicMan

**** it Future! Find a car, you *****! :p Seriously, get a car or I will pwn you with IRL z-air, lawl.

Doors are open for anyone else who wants to come, starting now.

Top Bottom