• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol...fox took me like 6 months to get mine to where its at...and its still not nearly as broken as a fox can be...metaknight i can win matches with 2 moves...and im not exaggerating...i also learned that char in like 6 days

im not saying i cant have fun with brawl cause i do for small quantities of time...but based on first hand experience from playing both games and going to tourneys for both games.....winning with MK is effortless and winning with fox takes hardcore concentration

and to the SC4 question...i really stopped supporting that game when they took it off nintendo consoles. it was a dumb business move considering the highest selling version was on the GC

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Lixivium, I know you don't like to see people criticize melee, but no one is going to take you seriously if you make dumb statements like this.
LOL

I knew people wrote childish things on the internets, but I never thought I'd see someone actually say "I know you are but what am I". Priceless.

Legan

Smash Lord
LOL

I knew people wrote childish things on the internets, but I never thought I'd see someone actually say "I know you are but what am I". Priceless.

Im sorry, I lol'd.

Im done with the brawl/melee discussion. Im gunna play both without preference and Im not going to limit myself to tournaments. Im gunna get to play alot of awesome smashers that play both games and have been to many brawl and melee tournaments. If you guys want to be closed minded and limit yourselves to only melee because of that one crappy experience you had in Florida than be my guest. I still love STL, you guys got me to where I am now.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Im sorry, I lol'd.

Im done with the brawl/melee discussion. Im gunna play both without preference and Im not going to limit myself to tournaments. Im gunna get to play alot of awesome smashers that play both games and have been to many brawl and melee tournaments. If you guys want to be closed minded and limit yourselves to only melee because of that one crappy experience you had in Florida than be my guest. I still love STL, you guys got me to where I am now.
That's what I'm doing exactly.

darkatma

Smash Hero
hey deku approximately when can you come to washU?
this way i can do my homework ahead of time

edit:
can someone help me perfect the vs marth or luigi lightshield edgehog? I can do it well with floaties, but i fall off and go down with spacies..

Lixivium

Smash Champion
can someone help me perfect the vs marth or luigi lightshield edgehog? I can do it well with floaties, but i fall off and go down with spacies..
You're holding on to the shield button for too long. If you hold the shield button as you fall, you will tumble and not grab the edge. So just let go of it as soon as Marth hits your shield.

I may hate on Brawl, but I do play it and I've gone to tournaments, and I suspect that's more than I can say for Futurewrestler about Melee.

darkatma

Smash Hero
You're holding on to the shield button for too long. If you hold the shield button as you fall, you will tumble and not grab the edge. So just let go of it as soon as Marth hits your shield.

I may hate on Brawl, but I do play it and I've gone to tournaments, and I suspect that's more than I can say for Futurewrestler about Melee.
oh wow, that's probably what i'm doing wrong
kay i'll remember that next time

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lixivium I was going to be nice about this, but after you insulting me three posts in a row due to your ******* ignorance I'm not going to anymore. I've been visiting these boards how long? Probably about month. Over that amount of time I've posted the following:

"I see just as many people trolling Melee for no reason than I do the other way around.

Melee is a great game. Only bad point I see about me not playing it, it doesn't affect me playing brawl or 64 at all.

this is ********. Some people prefer melee, and some people prefer Brawl. Both groups have their own preferences and they aren't wrong either way. Enjoy the game that you prefer, but don't bash others for having a different opinion.

There's enough people to support both communities, regardless of what game you prefer. I don't see anything wrong with preferring melee to brawl, because Brawl isn't really a true sequel to Melee gameplay wise it's just too different. And this will always result in people liking one more than the other.

Also, I just watched DSW vs. M2K on youtube, and it was awesome. It makes me so bummed that I missed out on melee."

The fact that you think that For one- I'm actually being serious in those posts and you're now bashing me for not playing melee even though I've said previously that I wish I had shows how ****ing stupid and childish you are. I've sat here and defended EVERY game in the smash series, because every game is worth playing. Next time you open your mouth, learn some ****ing reading comprehension before you talk you ****ing dip****.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Remember what I said about this thread and the sucking stopping?

Future, I suggest you stop flaming the rest of our community before the mods assist in that cause...

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay no more posts addressed to Futurewrestler. FW, in the future, PM me with your beefs instead of cluttering up the forum, thanks.

For the record, I don't care if you insult Melee. I care if you insult or antagonize members of the community, be it Random, Sam, Brawlpro, Deku or whoever. If you aren't being serious, you need to do a better job conveying that in your posts. Regardless, you have not earned that right by participating in smashfests and going to tournaments. So when you call Random a troll or make smarmy comments towards Sam and I, guess what, I have a problem then. And I'm going to call you out for saying things that have no valid basis whatsoever.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Tragic. Well, next time I see you, hopefully there'll be SC2 nearby
The last time someone challenged Sam to SC2, there were not enough remains left for their family to collect on their life insurance policy. It was a really unfortunate situation.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
The last time someone challenged Sam to SC2, there were not enough remains left for their family to collect on their life insurance policy. It was a really unfortunate situation.
On the other hand, you'll get to experience the emotional trauma of playing Darkrain, without having to go to Kansas City.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Title 3, Clause 7 of the St. Louis Smash Creed stipulates: "Every time darkrain's name is mentioned, Thinkaman has to remind everyone that he once KO'd him with rollout."

...dude, guys, remember that one time when I KO'd darkrain with rollout and CUPS was all "who gets killed by that?!?" just like when KillaOR KO'd Ken with Rollout at FC3 crews and stuff and oh man also I'm awesome.

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve
That only makes me want to play her more.

On the other hand, you'll get to experience the emotional trauma of playing Darkrain, without having to go to Kansas City.
I played darkrain (in brawl though) and my psyche was completely intact

Title 3, Clause 7 of the St. Louis Smash Creed stipulates: "Every time darkrain's name is mentioned, Thinkaman has to remind everyone that he once KO'd him with rollout."

...dude, guys, remember that one time when I KO'd darkrain with rollout and CUPS was all "who gets killed by that?!?" just like when KillaOR KO'd Ken with Rollout at FC3 crews and stuff and oh man also I'm awesome.
what an idiot, rofl :p

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lawl lawl law lawl lawl brawl sucks lawl omfg brawl is so bad, lawl lawl melee is better lawl lawl lawl brawl sucks lawl. btw if you play brawl you are an immature ******. lol lol lol i can't believe how immature you are lawl. i am so much more mature than you, you stupid ***, lol lol lol

...yeah.... anyway...

Brawl-fest at my house on Tuesday night after 5pm. as per usual, for anyone who wants to come.

If you don't have my number or my address then PM me.

MuBa

Smash Lord
awesome brawlpro. Finally another Pakistani other than me in the smash scene w00t!

Anyways, MMM did you have a GC memory card on your Wii? If so, remove it and try to run the HBC channel again. That might fix your problem.

Edit: Some German homebrew programmer named Fuzzy is making a game called Super Smash Bros. Rumble for the Nintendo DS

http://wiinintendo.net/2008/07/06/homebrew-super-smash-bros-rumble/

Pretty interesting I say.

edit #2: brawlpro do you speak urdu?

Random6669

Smash Apprentice
Title 3, Clause 6 of the St. Louis Smash Creed alternatively stipulates: "Every time Darkrain's name is mentioned, Random has to remind everyone that he once KO'd him with a warlock punch.

...dude, guys, remember that one time when I KO'd darkrain with a warlock punch and CUPS was all "Darkrain is sooooo good at this game!" and Darkrain was all like "yeah, when I'm not getting warlock punched." just like when some one killed someone else with a warlock punch at some tournament somewhere and stuff and oh man Thinkaman is awesome.

Sorry I was a little late, I haven't been trolling this thread enough. looks like futurewrestler is covering it for me though.

(Sorry, I know I'm only adding to the problem but, man, I couldn't help myself (>.<).
Hypocrisy is one of my pet peeves, so when I get called "troll" by a huge troll it really
bugs me and I have to say something... I couldn't restrain myself. My apologies.)

treppy

Smash Apprentice
Title 3, Clause 8 of the St. Louis Smash Creed stipulates: "Every time darkrain's name is mentioned, Jeff has to remind everyone that he once KO'd him with GAYSIAN PRIDE"

Top Bottom