• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Okay we're gonna do this in the afternoon then, I'll move my shopping back to the evening.

I'm home now. So the deal is 1pm til whenever-- I don't want to go all night though so I'd like to be done by the evening around 5 or 6 or so.

Are you going to be able to make it in the afternoon Muba? 8:30pm is a bit too late :\

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
Hey there brawlpro. Hope you're doing well.

Darkatma, what do you mean 'i main brawl'?

Who is going to pick me up to get a brawl woopin?!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
GG everyone who went. Hope you all enjoyed my Snake pwnage >=P

And MMM, you've got a good Samus working there. Keep it up.
Tx man, your snake is pretty irritating :p

but yeah I hope to keep practicing my Samus and making her better, I kinda feel like she's my new Link or something, since he was my fav in melee and 64.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey Toga, did you know that Wario and Ganondorf are the greatest team ever?

Every time you Choke -> Bite -> Elbow, an angel gets its wings.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Choke -> Bite -> Elbow? Pfft! It's got nothing on choke -> laser lock -> reverse warlock punch!

Falco and Ganon teams are too good. ^_______________^

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Geno are you hosting today? Because this might be the last time I can go play Smash before I disappear into the depths of medical school.

You'll probably see me as often as that skyline dude that showed up once.

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
Ok STL the Loki twins are hosting tonight

show up any time after 6

Our address and number have been posted earlier in the thread; we'll be recording again too so show up and don't suck

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
If I go, will there be people wanting to play brawl? I've been working on it for a while now and want to at least put it to some use, although I can't beat a lv9 Ice Climber.

Wanting to play Melee too, but it's been so long since I've been to one of these I'm not sure how it works anymore.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Don't even go against level 9s. They may be uber but they're very preditable imo. Everytime they get knocked back and you're close to them the Level 9s almost always air dodges...and besides their consistent timing for the air-dodge is inhumane.

Btw Loki, what's your address/phone #? I might come by if I'm able to get all of my stuff done.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Number of low tier characters I can pwn with: 1 (Jiggaleepuff)

I'm hoping to bring that up to two next time I play anyone.

Cpt. Falcon FTW

Legan

Smash Lord
Brawl 2 (Brawl Haters)
posted to the public at 10:34 AM on Friday Aug 8, 2008
This was taken from the houston thread by lee harris on a brawl hater.

Let me explain how things happened, Jeremy.

Along came this game that Melee players grew interested in. It was far different than Melee, but it had some similar attributes. It wasn't even a true sequel, more of a spiritual successor. When this game came out, a lot of the people who had played Melee for a long time decided to play this new game and most enjoyed themselves. There was a group who didn't, but they were nice about expressing their dislike for this new game.

Just kidding. They acted like pre-pubescent girls and tried to tell everyone who liked this new game that they were stupid. Little did they realize that by complaining non-stop in forums not related to Melee they were demonstrating that their life sucked considerably more than any game possibly could and they had nothing better to do but protest the new found sand in their cooters. Eventually, they decided to take action and they formed a series of Melee-only tournaments for players who wanted to stick with the game.

Just kidding again. They probably each dropped 5-10 loads of crap in their pants before realizing they were too stupid and fat to actually run a tournament. Since the good TOs had moved to this new, un-smash-like game, their lives were suddenly devoid of any meaning or reason. Instead of finding a purpose in life or trying to bolster the Melee scene, they sought to make everyone else as unhappy as they were by spewing verbal diarrhea all over the forums of this new game (that is completely different).

My point is, shut the fucck up. If you don't like Brawl, great, go fucck yourself. If you do, great, go fucck yourself again. I really doubt anyone here gives two sh*ts (probably not even one sh*t) about your personal preference of games and quite frankly I wouldn't even notice if you died. So if you want to play Melee in a competitive scene, then get off your fat, lazy, flesh colored beanbag you call an *** and run a tournament. Otherwise, go back to fisting your mother and make some real use of your time.

MuBa

Smash Lord
^ ROFL QFT

I swear people really needs to stop bitcching (sorry had to use it ^_^) about Brawl being a sucky game or how it ruined Smash as a whole. I'm glad someone said something like this so bluntly.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I agree that post is full of stupid.....

Only because I don't understand what he means by saying Melee players don't continue to hold tournaments and that they are lazy. Just today there was a Melee only tournament in KC. No one in KC can stand Brawl anymore so they just went back to Melee. On another note, FAST was run entirely by Melee players who "tolerate" brawl. Id say 85% of the people there considered Brawl a downgrade but still had fun and decided to play in it. Im not posting this to brawl bash, but I am posting this to prove that Melee players are generally still running the show and that guy is full of crap.

So aside from that poster being a complete moron I do agree with him that people should just shut up and play smash. speaking of which......

FIRST GENO SMASHFEST SINCE...... I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG!!!!
Friday, Aug 15th, all are welcome!!!
If your new and don't know how to get to my place PM me and I will send you directions.

Another thing, I consider myself a Melee player but here I am hosting a Melee AND Brawl smashfest and "not dropping 5-10 loads of crap in my pants before realizing I was too stupid and fat to actually run any kind of tournament".

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Ratio of Brawl to Melee tournaments have got to be like 5-1 lol Also, Brawl had like 40-50 more participants at FAST, regardless of which one was "better".

I like both a whole lot shuttup

Top Bottom