• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey Milk Monster. I was thinking we could go ahead and build a tourney thread for this one on the 4th and see how much response we get that way. I think people would be more willing to commit and give a definite response if they see an official-looking page with a definite date, time & entry fee on it. I know we were hoping to push the start time earlier, but we can change it if we need as long as it's with enough advance notice. I don't mind starting the thread, we can add in the rule set later, would you want me to go ahead and do that?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Nah, not interested at all :/.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'm thinking about making the magic happen. FAE, Apex reunite team Double MK???? :p :p :D

I might be able to make some carpool magic for the right reasons

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The more things change, the more they stay the same...except when they don't.

Is anyone really doing anything any more on any consistent basis? I need reasons to get out of the house more often, and if it involves people I hung out with for a while a couple years ago, that's a plus, right?

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Delta Z we don't really have local events anymore :( The general brawl interest is gone

And yeah I was thinking about taking a plane too, but if I can't I'd be willing to carpool with Phil. And yeah Phil we can team, let's just get more practice in before the actual tourney lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Let me know soon which way you plan to go FAE so I can make arrangements to have a full car if we do go.

Right now my car is sitting at 3 people, so I'd look for a 4th. Gas is looking like $110 for you with 3 people :p

Haven't figured out housing/hotels yet

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Kisses and hugs and smoochies and puppie-dogs n' ****, *****. Word. ...well that escalated quickly.

Aaaaaanyway, why don't all of you play SF4 or Marvel already? :p

I wouldn't mind a little Brawl tournament again some day, though... as long as there was doubles. Or maybe... JUST doubles!?!?!? :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Because Capcom hasn't made a good fighting game since I was in High School.

Hell, they haven't made a good game that isn't Mega Man Zero1-4 or Mega Man 9/10 in a long time either :(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm probably going to start hosting PM tournaments soon >_>. Might host brawl doubles as well lol.

Nicole

Smash Champion
hello friends

i will be in stl from jan 2 to jan 9. we dont have to play smash but we could. we do have to hang out. its not a choice.

Tavitoes

Smash Cadet
God, St. Louis is awesome... I visit there every couple months. I have about a gazillion relatives there. I didn't know it was so heavily populated. Next time I visit, I'll have to take a moment to look inside the windows of people's houses and see if I can find someone playing Brawl... jk.

Heh, heh, heh.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Finding smashers

I am new to the Smash community (picked it up competitively over the summer), but I don't have anyone to really play against. I would really like to find people to improve my game. I go to school in the O'Fallon area and I am from Mount Vernon. So I will be around O'Fallon in a couple of weeks. For now I just need to find people.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
I am new to the Smash community (picked it up competitively over the summer), but I don't have anyone to really play against. I would really like to find people to improve my game. I go to school in the O'Fallon area and I am from Mount Vernon. So I will be around O'Fallon in a couple of weeks. For now I just need to find people.
Well this is the right spot. Do you play brawl or melee? If you're a melee player, come to the tourney on Friday in the south end of STL to meet a bunch of guys, or wait a couple weeks for our weekly smashfests to get started up again. If you're brawl, most other guys on this thread play that, but I'm horrible at it.

:phone:

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I am a melee player, but I won't be able to make it to stl for a few weeks. I live about an hour away but I go to school about 20 minutes away so I'll be in the area then.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Cool. Lots of new guys to the scene the past few months. Find our Facebook group (if you do fb), St Louis Melee, that's where we do most of our communication and smashfest planning.

:phone:

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'm probably going to start hosting PM tournaments soon >_>. Might host brawl doubles as well lol.
Yoooo Brawl doublessssss! I could do that...

hello friends

i will be in stl from jan 2 to jan 9. we dont have to play smash but we could. we do have to hang out. its not a choice.
Someone host a Brawl doubles fun tournament!

---

Melee Tournament this Friday at Danno's American Pub (where I play SF4 in biweekly ranbats). Streamed on PJS Winning.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?events/mass-appeal-madness-2-st-louis-mo-regional.36534/

http://facebook.com/stlbarwarz

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
I don't know if there's an O' Fallon, IL, so that's why I'm asking, but is it O' Fallon, MO by chance? I live in St. Peters.

edit: I'm new to competitive smash as well.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if there's an O' Fallon, IL, so that's why I'm asking, but is it O' Fallon, MO by chance? I live in St. Peters.

edit: I'm new to competitive smash as well.
There is an O'Fallon, IL. It is about an hour from St. Peters. It would be cool to play though.

Cook

Smash Master
Yoooo Brawl doublessssss! I could do that...

Someone host a Brawl doubles fun tournament!

---

Melee Tournament this Friday at Danno's American Pub (where I play SF4 in biweekly ranbats). Streamed on PJS Winning.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?events/mass-appeal-madness-2-st-louis-mo-regional.36534/

http://facebook.com/stlbarwarz

I could host a tournament in my house if people don't mind the fact that there's no furniture (other than 6 folding chairs), lol. And also that it's a piece of **** at the moment.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Cook that sounds like the best venue ever, nothing but chairs and tvs.

Maybe get a lot of beds so you can have the best housing ever.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I am a melee player, but I won't be able to make it to stl for a few weeks. I live about an hour away but I go to school about 20 minutes away so I'll be in the area then.
Hey Double Helix, I live in Herrin, IL right now. If you're able to play before you head up to school, let me know. We have a crew of 4-6 melee players, and I'll try and arrange something when you're free.

Top Bottom