• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hey Will I think I wanna enter that Melee tourney and maybe bring a few friends, what time is it?

And we need moar brawl doubles tourneys, haven't seen you guys in 4evr
Everything starts at 4. Here's all the info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330014

:phone:
Roux is your man, Eric. I was just helping spread the word :) I didn't know you played Melee, though! Show them your little boy powers.

I could host a tournament in my house if people don't mind the fact that there's no furniture (other than 6 folding chairs), lol. And also that it's a piece of **** at the moment.
Yeah, it's been waaaaaay too long since we've done anything. I could host a Smashfest at my place sometime if we just wanted to play on some random night. I think one of my two Wiis might be broken though, lol.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey metalmusicman, do you know where they'll be streaming for their tournament? The guy told me that they are streaming melee tomorrow. Would it be on their twitch.tv page? Thanks.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Everything starts at 4. Here's all the info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330014

Alright thanks :)

Roux is your man, Eric. I was just helping spread the word :) I didn't know you played Melee, though! Show them your little boy powers.
I don't really play melee, but my friends do and they hate brawl. Plus I'm gonna try Melee singles at Apex even though I haven't entered a Melee tourney yet so I figured this is the chance to get some experience

MetalMusicMan

Hey metalmusicman, do you know where they'll be streaming for their tournament? The guy told me that they are streaming melee tomorrow. Would it be on their twitch.tv page? Thanks.

They said the main tourney will be streamed on PJS Winning's stream, but since Melee is a side tournament, they might stream it on the STLBarWarz stream (twitch.tv/stlbarwarz). I'm not sure, I'll ask and let you know if/where it'll be streamed.

Cook

Smash Master
@RobMega: tru

@Eric: Lol, looks I'll be seeing you at this Melee tournament.

@allofstl: GUYS, WHAT DAY WORKS BEST FOR EVERYONE OUT OF SUN/MON/TUES???

MetalMusicMan

I just talked to the guy who normally does the streaming, it will definitely be on STLBarWarz's stream if it's not on PJS Winning's. So it will for sure be streamed on one or the other.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you guys going to Todds thing on the 5th?

Cook

Smash Master
^Wow, never even noticed it until I checked my events just now. But now that I am aware I will probably go and I guess that will probably be a good time everyone can hang out!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
^Wow, never even noticed it until I checked my events just now. But now that I am aware I will probably go and I guess that will probably be a good time everyone can hang out!
I don't think there will be smash there, but if you guys want you can come over before(it starts at 7) and play smash at my place. 2.5 just came out :).

Cook

Smash Master
I think I'm going to a Christmas party for Lauren's work that day also, so I will probably be at that before Todd's thing.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
There is an O'Fallon, IL. It is about an hour from St. Peters. It would be cool to play though.
Sounds good man. You should join the St. Louis Melee group on facebook. That's where a lot of stuff is coordinated. If you want to pm me your number or some sort of way to contact you, you can do that and maybe we can play sometime soon.

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, Jordan won.

Guys, I went to a Melee tournament and I got out of pools. THIS IS HOW DESPERATE I AM FOR SMASH. But by the time I had played my pools matches I was ready to forfeit. THIS IS HOW MUCH I DON'T LIKE MELEE.

Halp, basically.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Jordan won.

Guys, I went to a Melee tournament and I got out of pools. THIS IS HOW DESPERATE I AM FOR SMASH. But by the time I had played my pools matches I was ready to forfeit. THIS IS HOW MUCH I DON'T LIKE MELEE.

Halp, basically.
LOL!! Thanks for coming Cook. I suppose melee is more fun for you when I buy you a 24 pack of natty ice...with salt on the rim :p Next time we need to make sure potter finishes his pools before he gets trashed XD

Shard

Smash Cadet
Lol, Jordan won.

Halp, basically.
Hahaha. Well I only won one of my pool matches. But I won't touch Brawl with a ten foot pole.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
I maybe shouldn't have signed up for Melee at Apex :( There's no chance of me making it anywhereee

I guess I'll just have to stick to brawl forever
Hahaha. At least you beat me in pools! (I guess that's not saying too much though.) If you like the pace and feel of melee, you should do melee. I noticed you had a good idea of Marth's moveset and how to combo, so tech skill would be the thing to work on, which may take a while to develop at first, but it's not too bad. That Fox player in our pool, Shinobi, had been playing melee for less than a year.

Cook

Smash Master
LOL!! Thanks for coming Cook. I suppose melee is more fun for you when I buy you a 24 pack of natty ice...with salt on the rim :p Next time we need to make sure potter finishes his pools before he gets trashed XD

All true things.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Sheik is really the only character that sparkles.

Also, where are you living these days, Cook/anyone who could host a tournament in MO?

Might be thinking about starting a KS/IA/MO/NE circuit.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Cook and I are going to be playing PM 2.5 at my place tomorrow at 2pm if anyone's interested.

Cook

Smash Master
Sheik is really the only character that sparkles.

Also, where are you living these days, Cook/anyone who could host a tournament in MO?

Might be thinking about starting a KS/IA/MO/NE circuit.
I live in Stl now. In about a month or so I could maybe host something at my house, if people aren't afraid of my basement. Should be able to fit at least 6 setups in the place, probably more. Not a lot of parking, though.

David can usually host stuff. Hard part isn't finding a venue, but finding the people to come...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, I would travel :/

But the point was to have 5 tournaments all within a 4 hour drive from the central area if you will.

Omaha/Lawrence/Ames (assuming Joker is out and Bpow/JJ would take over))/UHHHHHHHHH????????????????? for MO.

Top Bottom