• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Does anyone want to come over this weekend and watch Apex on my 55' TV while playing smash at the same time? Will be playing PM unless someone brings another set-up for whatever depending on how many people.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
That's good to know, I want to start a KS/IA/MO/NE melee circuit too but I figured other than figuring out Iowa, getting brawl would be more difficult, considering all the ethics of MK legality and stages.
I'm pretty sure they are interested in hosting Smash events period. They will typically host any games people are willing to show up for if we plan enough ahead of time. Right now they have seen Melee has a crowd (More than our other big games typically LOL), Brawl could probably get numbers, and I think, if I recall, Hylian is interested in doing Project M stuff (I too am interested in Melee/Project M Stuff.)

Cook

Smash Master
It would be sweet if we could do Brawl there because it was an awesome venue, but I doubt it would get as many people as Melee. Maybe doing some FB advertising would help. Idk how they got so many entrants, and almost all local (I think). Didn't know Melee was so big here.

:phone:

Teh Future

Smash Master
Disclaimer: this is for BRAWL

So I volunteered to host an event for Rob if he manages to get together another Midwest-West circuit.

This is what it will most likely look like:

STL-MK legal
OMA-MK legal
Bpow-MK legal/Joker-MK banned
Lux-MK banned

Championship-MK banned.
Let me know who's interested!? I volunteered to do the first one bc it would be fun to host a tournament in February for Mine, Cooks, and Black Panther's Birfday.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Disclaimer: I'm also interested in setting up one for melee, hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But yes I support what he said.

Also running a dual format event for the championship might be the best route.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I actually haven't committed to running anything

Just to throw it out there

I'm not particularly excited to push for a circuit when KC can barely pull 8 people to a local

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
Disclaimer: this is for BRAWL

So I volunteered to host an event for Rob if he manages to get together another Midwest-West circuit.

This is what it will most likely look like:

Let me know who's interested!? I volunteered to do the first one bc it would be fun to host a tournament in February for Mine, Cooks, and Black Panther's Birfday.
I've got a venue I've been pushing for Smash stuff, we just had a Melee event there last weekend, close to 30 people entered I believe? (With some no shows) If you dont wanna host at your house David. Either way works I guess, though this place is cool with hosting, will stream, its at a bar, we can all provide housing, etc. Lemme know.

It would be sweet if we could do Brawl there because it was an awesome venue, but I doubt it would get as many people as Melee. Maybe doing some FB advertising would help. Idk how they got so many entrants, and almost all local (I think). Didn't know Melee was so big here.

They will host anything that gets more than 8 people, which I can whole heartedly guarantee. I am pretty sure people still wanna play Brawl. We have tons of space to do stuff, you've seen the venue. We can like alternate tourney's or something. Do an event bi-weekly or some ****, alternating between Brawl/Project M, and Melee or something, I dunno, just spitballing ideas. You have me on Facebook if you wanna try to get some heads together for a Brawl something. If we can get people, I'll talk about adding it to Danno's. (They are already pretty headstrong about Melee cause that was a lot of people for what Danno's is used to getting.)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You aren't buying it because we don't agree on

MK legality

Stage List

We can compromise or as I said just have homefield stuff, Future doesn't like 2 stage bans unless we have way more stages, which I don't agree with but I think he should run a 1 stage ban whatever tournament.

I'm going to run basically what you are running but MK legal and PS2 instead of PS1. I hate castle siege but players in my state have said they want it. Also RC is not liked well and Frigate has been asked about too, but that's only depending on what IA/MO do for stages. Maybe pictochat :p

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If Danno's only needs like 8 peeps we can def do that. I think you should do it there, David!
Yep, they are typically cool to host stuff assuming we can pull people. Marvel weeklies have started getting less and less people, so we have some breathing room. Now we just gotta' talk details. David, is there a way for you to contact me outside of smashboards?

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
You'll for sure have better pm attendance if you hold it with melee, because ATS carry over whereas a lot of brawl people have never cared to learn the melee stuff
IMO

Cook

Smash Master
We are planning a local for $1 with free food cooked by Nicole and myself (hey I'm a decent Cook!(lol)), so we hope to attract dome new blood. Plans are to drop flier at the colleges. Thinking of a March date. If anyone has any friends remotely interested in Smash, you should talk to them about it, it will be a lot of fun. Might do it at my place, which would mean people could get as drunk as they want and I got hella space. Cheers! HYPE!!! Getting Stl Brawl BACK, BABY!!!!!

Cook

Smash Master
^Lol, ok we'll do late March if circuit is early March. Yo Lux, gimme some tips for recruiting, I know you've attracted a lot of new players.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'll message you on FB at some point and we can talk about different gimmicks I've tried

Tmacc

Smash Lord
We are planning a local for $1 with free food cooked by Nicole and myself (hey I'm a decent Cook!(lol)), so we hope to attract dome new blood. Plans are to drop flier at the colleges. Thinking of a March date. If anyone has any friends remotely interested in Smash, you should talk to them about it, it will be a lot of fun. Might do it at my place, which would mean people could get as drunk as they want and I got hella space. Cheers! HYPE!!! Getting Stl Brawl BACK, BABY!!!!!
I'd come and hang, but I haven't played BRAWWWWWWWWWWL in months lololol

PM side event would be hype :)

Cook

Smash Master
^That's why it's only $1, might as well enter! Also, peeps here should check out the circuit thread and vote if they're remotely interested in Brawl stuff.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
I'd come and hang, but I haven't played BRAWWWWWWWWWWL in months lololol

PM side event would be hype :)
Hylian and I are gonna plan Project:M stuff. I'm going to Danno's Monday, and am gonna talk to them about interest in all three smash games. (I wanna play Project M too. I wanna play Smash again with you Toddey Woddey, but I don't wanna play Brawl really.)

Cook

Smash Master
^It's like Melee, but if you get hit you don't have to wait six minutes before you can move again.

Unless you're being serious, in which case it's the sequel to Melee, for Wii...

Cook

Smash Master
ERIC. JOIN FACEBOOK. Then join the Brawl group and like the Stl Smash page. And then get all your friends to do it. IT WILL HELP.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yes/no?
= = Ruleset = =

* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which are best-of-5.

* 3 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF"
* See Stage Striking for more information on how stages are selected and banned.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide, the end result is whatever the game determines.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, players will have a 1 stock, 3:00 minute game to determine the winner.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer(myself).

Stagelist:

Starter

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Pictochat

Stage Striking is done 1 stage per player at a time.

After each match:
1. Winner announces 2 stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON

**If there are less than 6 entries Doubles will be done in round robin format. The top two teams will play an additional Grand Finals set. Ties will be determined by one additional game per set. Prizes change to:

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

Cook

Smash Master
Jordan (Hylian) and Todd (Tmacc) are both really into it. I play it some, but prefer Brawl. If you "like" the Stl Smash Bros. page on FB and make a comment about it they will probably see it faster than on here and try to set something up with you.

Top Bottom