• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

kyroN

Smash Cadet
The lack of character heads in the Dope results post is going to kill my boner.

This is also very buggy atm. lol

Cook

Smash Master
I don't really know what the difference is with new SWF, other than the pretty colors are gone. And so is my Luigi pic... :'(

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wait, someone's hosting weekly Brawlfests starting next month?

I might actually be able to make it to those.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I don't really know what the difference is with new SWF, other than the pretty colors are gone. And so is my Luigi pic... :'(
AZ runs things and he doesn't think that I know anything about web design, so now we have this :p

Xenforo is WAY better than the ten billion year old version of vBulletin that we were running on before as far as backends go. We just don't have a custom skin any more. This theme is basically vanilla/default Xenforo with a dark color change and a simple logo at the top. It's not bad, overall it's an upgrade over what we had just because the backend is better. People will get used to it.

The skin definitely needs better differentiation between posts, though. Alternating colors, where you at?

Hanabro

Smash Rookie
Howdy, everyone. I just moved up to St. Louis for college and had absolutely no clue there was such an active Smash Bros. crew. I'm fairly confident in my abilities, but then again, I doubt I've played anyone at ya'll's level. Looking forward to playing a whole lotta games and getting quite a bit better.

Oh, and I'm a Brawl guy.

Hanabro

Smash Rookie
If you're referring to the one at Danno's, I actually DID show up to that. Just... About 6 hours too late. :p A couple of my friends and I were somehow misinformed and believed the tournament started at 6:30. So we showed up, looked stupid, played some Galaga in the arcade whilst watching the matches, and left.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
This is probably gonna come off as pushy, but...do you guys know anywhere that's looking for part time help? I've been trying and failing to get my own source of income for close to a year now.

And because of that, I'm stuck in this rut.

...Well, at least it's just the rut right now. Better that than some of the other things I've been metaphorically kicked into...

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
This is probably gonna come off as pushy, but...do you guys know anywhere that's looking for part time help? I've been trying and failing to get my own source of income for close to a year now.

And because of that, I'm stuck in this rut.

...Well, at least it's just the rut right now. Better that than some of the other things I've been metaphorically kicked into...
from fujin

I know of a job that's always hiring , the pay was good \ depending on the night and sometimes ppl buy you alcohol.

On a real good night you can get like $300.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Who was it that wanted to make weeklies a thing again? I feel so damn disconnected; I could really use a way to see everyone...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You guys are deadeadeadead on here huh? Well, I sure hope you guys are coming to my tournament for the circuit, it's on 4:20 so you guys knoooooooooowwwwwwwwww

Reminder, Tournament April 20th of 2013.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwgh...-jj-rockets-delux-thugz.333458/#post-15290806

Also because I like democracy, here's the link again to vote for the melee doubles stage

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-melee-doubles-bonus-stage-vote.334807/

Also because I love to troll, I reset the brawl votes and made it a bit better so revote if you didn't last time.

http://smashboards.com/threads/mwghc-4-20-the-actual-nebraska-9th-stage-list.335477/

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
...Did everyone in the area really lose interest in Brawl? I mean, it looks like the Brawl and Melee people split off and now the Brawl scene is dying. It's like a schism, or something. The Melee thread even mentioned some event where something went wrong...

What the hell happened over the last couple years when I wasn't here? This thread is a shell of its former self...

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I should've just left it to one STL area thread instead of making a separate one for melee. I made the melee one before I got super involved in the stl melee fb group because I thought it would draw more people to the scene. At the time, I thought it'd be easier to keep melee and brawl folks separated. I was new to the smash community, and I thought there was probably a lot of rivalry between the melee and brawl folks. But now me and Cook have realized that it's good for our communities to feed off each other, especially with P:M as a common middle ground. We've been taking turns with the STL BarWarz venue for tourneys and share the STL Super Smash Bros page's admin roles. I don't keep up with the Brawl side of things- nothing against it, I just don't play and I'm no good at it.

But hey! If you want some hype, start something. Hook up with cook and get the next tourney going. I'm pretty sure he gets discouraged when he's the only one trying to get things done. Maybe hold a smashfest with livestream. I heard there were over 30 entrants at the last Brawl tourney in Feb. People won't get hype if you just talk about something that could be hype, but if you set something in stone and make it happen, then people will get excited and follow along.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I can't contribute much to the tourney scene, as it is. I (still) don't have a job, so I can't just drop money on an event I won't even come close to placing in. At this point, I think we'd be better off with smashfests or something else we can do weekly or bi-weekly that'll get us all back on our feet again.

...Not like I can do much to contribute to that, either, though. My Wii's disc reader has been messed up for about nine months now; it can only play Gamecube and virtual console games. I can't host anything, since I don't have my own place. Besides, if we're looking for a fresh start it'd be better in the hands of someone with more experience running get togethers than I have. It'd leave a better impression.

...Unless there's been more going on than what I know of, and it's only been on Facebook. Hell, I don't even have a Facebook account. Old demons. Long story.

It's complicated.

I must sound like a real drag. I'm trying to do my part, but right now there's so little I can actually do...

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
If you're wanting to know bout smashfests and play, the best way to hear about them is honestly to join the facebook group and keep in contact with Cook, Future, Nicole, etc.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
...Not like I can do much to contribute to that, either, though. My Wii's disc reader has been messed up for about nine months now; it can only play Gamecube and virtual console games. I can't host anything, since I don't have my own place. Besides, if we're looking for a fresh start it'd be better in the hands of someone with more experience running get togethers than I have. It'd leave a better impression.

...Unless there's been more going on than what I know of, and it's only been on Facebook. Hell, I don't even have a Facebook account. Old demons. Long story.

I must sound like a real drag. I'm trying to do my part, but right now there's so little I can actually do...
lol my wii does the same thing. I freaked out when someone ejected my melee out of it a few weeks ago. What if it can't play melee? It would be useless except as a megaman player.

Also, you should just make a fake facebook account and join that group and set it so that you get e-mails from that group only or something. I mean, life sucks and your heart gets torn into a million pieces and your family is going to betray you and all that crap...

but you have the solution to more smash, it's as simple as getting over the past and moving on and you can make a fake account. Hell, I'm Fat Zach Randolf on LinkedIn.

There's a billion easy things you can do if you allow yourself to.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I just got an idea.

So a lot of the locals are on Facebook, right? But a handful of people (myself included) would rather avoid Facebook, for various reasons.

What if we made a Skype group? Quick, easy, real-time conversation without making anyone sell their virtual souls to a social network. Thoughts?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCfgtYdoLEc&feature=youtu.be

Nebraska is having an all 4 smash games plus Dance Dance Revolution ITG tournament May 31st, ya'll should come

Free, HUGE venue, we had a good turnout the last few times and it's looking like it might be much larger than the last Roll Tier.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1488899877989349/?ref_notif_type=plan_user_joined&source=1

Smashboards (with full rules and pictures of venue): http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...tion-all-4-smash-games-ddr-bellevue-ne.353806

Please come!

Tanman2333

Smash Cadet
Hey guys Im looking for some training partners in Missouri to play some Project M or Melee with unfortunately i live like in the St.Robert/ Waynesville area of Missouri which is like 2 hours away from St. Louis....

Top Bottom