• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It is time.

STL Smash is officially resuming normal operations starting now.
  • @Nicole is doing weeklies on Thursday. (I will her to post details as she sees fit)
  • @ Hylian Hylian is doing biweeklies, I believe. (Ditto)
  • Danno's Pub will continue doing Smash at their weekly events; I'm not sure if this will continue to be Monday or not.
  • WUSTL Smash plays 2-6pm every Saturday in Lapata House.
  • @GenoBlast himself mentioned he might be able to do something on Wedsendays.
  • I will be doing weeklies in Clayton, time depending on how/when all of these shake out.
I'll be trying to organize some larger local events for Smash 4, and coordinate with OoS people. (Including prospective circuits.) We'll also be looking organizing groups for OoS travel.

If you are in the ballpark of STL, and want to play Smash Bros, don't be a stranger. Post here, or contact me, Nicole, or Hylian; we will happily welcome you to the best community I've ever known.

FWOG

Smash Cadet
I want to riot
but I'm too scared to go alone if anybody want to join me I will be more than willing to pick them up let me know

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
Hey everyone. I'm a college freshman new to the Midwest. I've been attending the Smash at Lopata for a bit now, and while Melee is fun, we don't branch off to the other games in the series. I want to get into the Sm4sh scene as well. Problem is I'm car-less so my mobility is limited. How should I get into the scene? Thanks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey everyone. I'm a college freshman new to the Midwest. I've been attending the Smash at Lopata for a bit now, and while Melee is fun, we don't branch off to the other games in the series. I want to get into the Sm4sh scene as well. Problem is I'm car-less so my mobility is limited. How should I get into the scene? Thanks.
I'll be there this week with Smash 4. I barely missed you guys last week.

@ Fye Fye There will also be Smash 4 at WUGS tomorrow night. (Thursday) Come to Gregg Technology Classroom, in the back of STS (the tech support people, on the 40, by cornerstone) at 8pm. We'll probably start smash around 10pm, and go until late.

Last edited:

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
@ Thinkaman Thinkaman
Damn. That's what I get for not checking Smashboards. I was free yesterday too. Ah well. I'll be up for Sm4sh anytime if you're at Lopata.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The smashfest this Thursday has a different host/location; all are welcome, feel free to message me if you want details. (I don't care to post other people's address or phone number publicly)

We are also continuing to do stuff on Monday's at Danno's, usually starting around 7pm.

TheJedi

Smash Rookie
im going to be here in st. louis near the airport for 10 days. I'm a philly player visiting for the holidays. I dont have my controller, but i'd still love to come out and get some smash in during the break.

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
Brand new to SmashBoards, looking for maybe some Sm4sh in the STL.
I played a ton of Melee back in the day, got rid of the GameCube, never really played Brawl, but now I'm back with Wii U Sm4sh.
I'll start looking back through this thread, but I'm looking to see when/where tournaments or just gatherings might be.

Kuroto

Smash Rookie
Same as LSX above, looking to get into the scene for Smash 4, and the other games as well to a lesser extent. I'm out in West County STL, but I'm happy to drive a decent ways. Any details on where and when the upcoming events are would be much appreciated!

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
I'm a few hours out of STL but if there is ever a big event there I'll make it!

Kuroto

Smash Rookie
That looks cool, I'll be sure to tune in! I'm happy even with small events if any are coming up though, I really just wanna start getting some good practice in

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Same as LSX above, looking to get into the scene for Smash 4, and the other games as well to a lesser extent. I'm out in West County STL, but I'm happy to drive a decent ways. Any details on where and when the upcoming events are would be much appreciated!
I'm also in West County. Danno's is having another tournament on Monday the 19th. We also play in Chesterfield near every Thursday night with this coming Thursday being no exception last I heard.

Kuroto

Smash Rookie
@ CopShowGuy CopShowGuy Where/when in Chesterfield? I work overnights in Chesterfield Wednesday-Saturday, but I could make it if its before that for sure!

Also, is that the Danno's Pub off Watson? When is that event, I'd definitely be able to make that. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but the Danno's tournament is, as I said, on Jan. 19th at (I think) 7PM.

As for the Chesterfield thing. I won't post the exact location in public (it isn't my home) but it's in the area of 141 and Olive.

• @Nicole is doing weeklies on Thursday. (I will her to post details as she sees fit)
  • @ Hylian Hylian is doing biweeklies, I believe. (Ditto)
  • Danno's Pub will continue doing Smash at their weekly events; I'm not sure if this will continue to be Monday or not.
  • WUSTL Smash plays 2-6pm every Saturday in Lapata House.
  • @GenoBlast himself mentioned he might be able to do something on Wedsendays.
  • I will be doing weeklies in Clayton, time depending on how/when all of these shake out.
I'll be trying to organize some larger local events for Smash 4, and coordinate with OoS people. (Including prospective circuits.) We'll also be looking organizing groups for OoS travel.

If you are in the ballpark of STL, and want to play Smash Bros, don't be a stranger. Post here, or contact me, Nicole, or Hylian; we will happily welcome you to the best community I've ever known.
That was posted earlier in this topic. I'm pretty new to the group myself but it's a cool one. Set-ups are always appreciated.

The_Grand_Poobah

Smash Rookie
Hullo CopShowGuy, I'm new to the smash scene in STL. I must ask, is there a formal sign up list for Danno's tournament or is it a walk-in type thing? Is there any information on it? I missed out on signing up for toasted ravs, so I've been looking for tournaments I can attend.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's a walk in thing. Most tournaments are, Toasted Ravs just happens to be really big for the size of the venue.

zedy

Smash Rookie
Hopefully someone corrects me if I'm wrong, but the Danno's tournament is, as I said, on Jan. 19th at (I think) 7PM.

As for the Chesterfield thing. I won't post the exact location in public (it isn't my home) but it's in the area of 141 and Olive.

That was posted earlier in this topic. I'm pretty new to the group myself but it's a cool one. Set-ups are always appreciated.
Is the Danno's tournament melee ? If so some friends of mine may be able to attend.

The_Grand_Poobah

Smash Rookie
Any confirmation of details about Danno's tournament would be appreciated. Specifically when (I know CopShowGuy said maybe 7, but I'd prefer an exact time), what game is being played, and how much it costs. Thanks!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hello .

Like to travel?

Enjoy having fun with others?

Are you the best smash player in your region?

Prove it at the Midwest North smash circuit.

Full circuits for Melee, PM and Sm4sh singles and doubles.

Events-

Feb 21st in LaCross WI is the The Great Revival

March 14th in ST Cloud MN is Warehouse Pi Day

March 28th in Bellevue NE is Roll Tier V ($2000 pot bonus)

April 11th in Des Moines IA is Spring Show Down (SMASH WIIU, MELEE, AND PM: $50 POT BONUS FOR EVERY 25 ENTRANTS)
May 2nd in Kansas City, MO is DI or DIe: KC Classic

May 16th in Denver, CO is Revelation 2:2

June 6th in KS, location TBA, ran by Lux (event page coming soon)

June 27th in IL, full details tba, ran by Joe Fattal (event page coming soon)

Championship event is TBA, but will be huge.

Full details with links to specific tournaments at

http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Any confirmation of details about Danno's tournament would be appreciated. Specifically when (I know CopShowGuy said maybe 7, but I'd prefer an exact time), what game is being played, and how much it costs. Thanks!
Danno's tournaments are biweekly, the next one is scheduled for January 2nd (we'll see if that happens, a huge number of us are going to Apex so I dunno if we'll skip that week or what). The schedule is 6-8PM friendlies with signups starting at 7PM. The tournament starts at 8PM sharp so if you aren't signed up before 8PM you're SOL. There's a venue fee of $5 (waived if you bring a setup) and the tournament entry fee is $5. Tournament is double elimination format, best of three. Losers/Winners/Grand finals are all best of five. Pot split is 70/20/10. We usually have around 16 people show up consistently.

There's a Facebook group for Danno's and a Smash 4 group as well. We frequently communicate there, dunno why we don't use Smashboards more often! I'll try to keep an eye on this thread from now on.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Is the Danno's tournament melee ? If so some friends of mine may be able to attend.
Danno's is Smash 4 only. Soz bruh. There's tournaments at Webster for Melee though, I dunno any deets since I'm not a melee player.

Arma_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Armadeous
Does anyone know anything about the Webster Melee? I googled it but not much came up.
On Facebook they have a group called 'Webster Fighting Game Community'. I'm in no way affiliated with them so I can't tell you anything about them. They appear to have biweekly events on Fridays.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Smashers, make sure you sign up for the first event of the Midwest Circuit THE GREAT REVIVAL before January 30th as the Venue goes up $5 after that.

The Great Revival is February 21st 2015 in La Crosse WI

Register Here: http://meleemilwaukee.com/gr/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/1569332279962100/

Smashboards :http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...rootloop-and-more-la-crosse-wisconsin.373667/

Official Circuit Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

Also the Chicago Event, Dismantle, has been finalized and moved to June 20th to not conflict with those who wish to participate in the circuit and CEO in FL.

https://www.facebook.com/events/726280524134743/?ref=3&ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey, smash

With over 140 people registered for the great Revival this weekend in WI, things are looking great for the MW so far and we expect things to be just as crazy up in MN with the Warehouse Throwdown 3.1415!!!

The 2nd leg of the circuit is in S. St. Cloud, MN on March 14th 2015. Registration will end March 6th at 11:59 pm (DIFFERENT THAN POSTED AS OF THIS POST), and the venue fee will increase by $5 on Feb 21st.

Please come support the midwest and celebrate PI day the right way.

Register Here: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=EtlkzrsAWS3gTpf9BI2jIg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1607380712817246/

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/3-14...wn-3-1415-part-of-the-midwest-circuit.386875/

And in case you haven't registered yet...

The Great Revival is THIS SATURDAY February 21st 2015 in La Crosse WI, registration ends this Wednesday, this is the last day to assign partners.

Brackets should be up LATE Thursday night

Register Here: http://meleemilwaukee.com/gr/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/1569332279962100/

Smashboards :http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...rootloop-and-more-la-crosse-wisconsin.373667/

Official Circuit Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

Fye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FE-Judge
WashU has Melee weeklies every Saturday from 1-7pm (except the Saturdays when Webster has there monthly), The St.Louis Melee page on Facebook also has up to date information on all upcoming tournaments.

Top Bottom