• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Cook

Smash Master
Btw, David didn't play Brood, he beat Earth, who is apparently some Japanese Pit player (though he played ROB and Diddy vs. David).

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
LOL at the group. Nicole had tons of fans at the venue and on stream, she was really ******. And yeah that wasn't exactly the best pic, maybe if they took a screenshot during the 50,000 freezes that happened in the interview

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Btw, David didn't play Brood, he beat Earth, who is apparently some Japanese Pit player (though he played ROB and Diddy vs. David).
Yea, that's why I was confused. I knew Earth was in his pool, but Allied's twitter said he 2-1'd Brood. Either way, beating Earth is also quite legit. All the Japanese players were hyped.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yeah Hungrybox is ruining everything. Other sets were good though, epecially:

Axe vs. Armada I & II
Axe vs. Jman
Dr PP vs. Zhu
Dr PP vs. Wobbles
Armada vs. Mew2King: Revenge of the Sith

Nuris

Smash Lord
david didnt beat brood, he beat earth (supposedly)

earth supposedly placed 17th, so that's still pretty cool

Nuris

Smash Lord
kinda sad the livestream isnt capable of not freezing every 5 minutes :/

book

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I dunno what to think anymore. Hard to argue with results. I still hate watching him play. :(

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Brood>M2K. I love how well M2K took it too. "Japan *****." I respect him a lot. Great set.

Also, hypeeee for this Brood/DEHF GF set.

TP

Smash Master
M2K needs to learn that he can't play Brawl and Melee at the same tournament and expect to play his best.

TP

Smash Master
Oh, I definitely agree that M2K da bess, it's just that this is the first Brawl tournament he has lost in how long? 6 months or so?

Teh Future

Smash Master
why is mango not in melee results?

unless he died saturday night.... it seemed like a possibility.

also i dont have a phone right now, but i need to talk to steve/rauleen/jordan so i hope you guys will be at wills tomorrow or i dunno ill try to get it worked out tomorrow and call you

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why mango would just drop $60 to mess around as scorp when he could easily win thousands by trying as fox, falcon, or jiggs.

is this dude rich or something?

also Nicole, that fangroup of yours... I have that same TMNT shirt lol

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I don't understand why mango would just drop $60 to mess around as scorp when he could easily win thousands by trying as fox, falcon, or jiggs.

is this dude rich or something?

also Nicole, that fangroup of yours... I have that same TMNT shirt lol
I agree he should just stick with Fox if he's not going to try hard, at least it's fun to watch.

He wasn't even going to go at all but M2K and another East Coast player paid for his plane ticket. It makes no sense. If you don't want to go fine, don't waste two people's money and not even give a good showing.

darkatma

Smash Hero
naw he won teams
and he's been scorp for a few months now, get with the times.

also he did give a good showing, after the tourney he MM'ed Hbox with fox and won. Then he proceeded to win the double or nothing

Nuris

Smash Lord
but no one likes
to see hungrybox
winning a tourney
armada needs to step it up
ahh ****

Dart!

Smash Master
my stupid USA pride tells me not to root for Europe. my love for this game tells me not to root for jiggs or peach players.

darkatma

Smash Hero
your ego makes me never root for you

like who cares how close you thought you got to beating someone in friendlies, or even tourney. No one wants to hear about how someone is pruy good but you "stood your ground" against them. All they wanna hear in a shoutout is, GGs fun games or you're cool!

plus marth sucks.
also josh you'd probably **** me at this point i'm so bad lolll

__
ugh jiggs peach is hard matchup =[ I would still just advise him to camp his *** off. That's what i'd do to beat hbox

Chris Teng they don't sell hwite controllers in taiwan anymore =[ I checked yesterday

Nuris

Smash Lord
tbh, im fine with watching peach and even jiggs. armada does **** combos with peach, and mango when he played jiggs and king back when he played did cool stuff
for me it's just hungrybox who's boring, but oh well.

in other news, i found a GIGANTIC TV on a street corner. it took me and another person to hoist it into my car. this thing is huge, so im not sure if i will be bringing it back. perhaps, perhaps...

your ego makes me never root for you

like who cares how close you thought you got to beating someone in friendlies, or even tourney. No one wants to hear about how someone is pruy good but you "stood your ground" against them. All they wanna hear in a shoutout is, GGs fun games or you're cool!

plus marth sucks.
also josh you'd probably **** me at this point i'm so bad lolll

__
ugh jiggs peach is hard matchup =[ I would still just advise him to camp his *** off. That's what i'd do to beat hbox

Chris Teng they don't sell hwite controllers in taiwan anymore =[ I checked yesterday
omg **** <3 <3 <3

book

Smash Apprentice
lmao Binyan wtf are you talking about

tbh, im fine with watching peach and even jiggs. armada does **** combos with peach, and mango when he played jiggs and king back when he played did cool stuff
for me it's just hungrybox who's boring, but oh well.
agreed <3 <3 <3

Top Bottom