• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Yeah, we didn't like that list either. At least on that one it was categorized counter/banned, not simply counter. So uh, don't pick up on that dumb stage list.

kthnxbye

darkatma

Smash Hero
BBR is a joke.
They basically accept anyone who applies, not seasoned smashers that post intelligently and place well.
edit: <3 will

Phil, biweekly would be better imo. Too much smash hinders improvement, and grades. What i mean is, make the formal ones biweeklies, and then random smashfests in between as unplanned
TBH I'm a lot free-er on saturdays than on friday nights.

Nuris

Smash Lord
hmm okay i'll try biweekly then

mind you these will probably be smashfests, not tournies. but we can maybe evolve into small tournies or crew battles so ppl will take it moar srrslyz

also i plan on spending a lot of time in your guys' suite so we can play every day!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Holy f*ck, no wonder you were playing terribly in teams tonight.
lmfao dude, my mind was elsewhere last night. Way too many ignorant trolls running around being stupid for me to worry about. I couldn't play for **** last night, hahaha. Andrew never beats me with his MK and he almost 3 stocked me twice because I wasn't even thinking about the game. I think I fired like 2 lasers with Falco, lmfao.

Yeah... I was extremely distracted :p

BBR is a joke.
They basically accept anyone who applies, not seasoned smashers that post intelligently and place well.
edit: <3 will
Hahaha, <3

Dart!

Smash Master
hmm okay i'll try biweekly then

mind you these will probably be smashfests, not tournies. but we can maybe evolve into small tournies or crew battles so ppl will take it moar srrslyz

also i plan on spending a lot of time in your guys' suite so we can play every day!!!
Or you guys could come to Peoria for smash for once?! :p. I plan on goin to stl for a few during breaks

darkatma

Smash Hero
well we could do no$ tournies any day with enough people. I don't feel justified in having to pay (/other people having to pay) to play people I could and would normally play for free. unless there were like a ton of OoS-ers too

phil let's practice some smash volleyball sometime :p

Nuris

Smash Lord
smash volleyball? do i have to be the ball??? :(
why not play SUPER SPIKE V[OLLEY]BALL instead?!?!

round-robin tourneys would be good. it would get everyone to play everyone and also make it more tourney-like with counterpicks, bans, etc.

crews are also fun and encourages both all players to do as well as they can.

while i woudn't mind people making side bets or doing MMs, i think it would be best to keep everything free-to-enter. I might institute a prize system of some sort, though...

right now i'm organizing my thoughts and will eventually probably post a rough thread about these smashfests asking for input on when to hold them and what events to include. any help, ideas, or input offered here, via PM, or on AIM would also be appreciated.

kk back to work.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
As long as I get Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, Green Greens, Norfair, and Delphino then I'm good to go. Now all we need to do is ban the neutrals and I'll be all set.

Radium88

Smash Lord
zomg, gooood luck guuuuuys!!

phil if yous need help with anything, lemme know......homie (seemed like i needed that in order for you to get what i am saying)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
As long as I get Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Luigi's Mansion, Green Greens, Norfair, and Delphino then I'm good to go. Now all we need to do is ban the neutrals and I'll be all set.
We get Frigate too. That's closer to neutral though, so let's hope they ban it too. If we're facing someone we know we're going to lose to no matter what, we can go to Port Town or Japes now too and maybe win.

Nuris

Smash Lord
phil if yous need help with anything, lemme know......homie (seemed like i needed that in order for you to get what i am saying)
O GURL
i might run the thread by ur main squeeze so it goes into the right place and has all the right stuff and so i dont get a myocardial infraction

Tmacc

Smash Lord
We get Frigate too. That's closer to neutral though, so let's hope they ban it too. If we're facing someone we know we're going to lose to no matter what, we can go to Port Town or Japes now too and maybe win.
I hate Japes. So much.

Cook

Smash Master
Really, I think Japes is way less gay than Green Greens or Norfair, so I don't know why it isn't MLG legal.

CLove

Smash Cadet
yeah...I don't really care about the stages...or whats legal or not legal...

I just f**kin' play.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I know it's not as random as those stages. I'm not saying it should be any more/less legal. I'm just saying that I personally hate the stage, it's layout, it's blastzones, and just the way it plays.

I think we should have a minitournament at Will's with this ruleset or something. Or even just friendlies on them. I'd be interested to try PCAD, YI:M, and the others. I'm gonna mess around with them when I get home a bit, seeing as I never play on them.
Also, people in that thread are kind of dumb sometimes. Just saying. I've read/lurked the entire thread but only posted a couple times. You're doing a great job Will, especially with staying calm when people are dumb***es. Good stuff, keep it up.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Let's do a mini-round robin w/ the rule set :D?

I'd like to be able to counterpick PTAD w/ it's no edges.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
klaptrap

But I agree it shouldn't be banned.

But I don't know much about Brawl. It should be legal in Melee IMO.
The Klaptrap actually isn't random. It comes through every 10 seconds or something like that I believe.

But it's still a "random" trap. It always seems random when it happens. But it's not random.

I don't make sense.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, Will actually wasn't being sarcastic. The klaptrap isn't random at all, it comes at set intervals, like Todd said. The only gay thing is how frequently it comes. If it only came every 20 or 30 seconds I don't think the stage would be nearly as controversial. Every 10 seconds, however, means it kills people a lot.

Radium88

Smash Lord
The Klaptrap comes up first whenever the time has 6-7 secs and then the second time at 4-5 secs. ie 4:27 on the right side and at 4:25 on the left of the main part of the stage. Again at 4:17 and then 4:15 and so on. Remember counter counts down so right has the 7 then left which should have the 5.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Yeah, just remember to look at the clock frequently to make sure you don't fall into the klap trap. Memorize the timing in your head, since you can usually just guestimate when it'll show up again after the previous time after it happens about the first 4 times. Also, take about 5 mins in practice mode to practice teching it on the middle platform if you do get hit by it.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
l2sarcasm u nub
I wasn't being sarcastic. The klaptrap always comes at x:x7 and x:x5 seconds on the clock. 7 is the right side and 5 is the left side.

Will (or anyone), how do I make my Wii not require a Wiimote when you start it up?
It's called BootMii. It doesn't work on the newer Wii versions afaik though. For instance, it works on Seth's Wii, but not Kevin's.

TP

Smash Master
I agree that we should do a tournament next Tuesday using the new rules. Pirate Ship should be legal for it, so I can take people to Norfair with Ganon at last (unless you guys are actually nice enough to let me go to Ship with Ganon).

Note that none of the above applies to Cook. Olimar. :urg:

Cook

Smash Master
Are you saying Olimar is better on Norfair than MK is? If it makes you feel any better I'll use MK against you! :laugh:

I guess Olimar is probably ok on Pirate Ship... but I bet MK is better. Loops during the part where the ship is in the air, plus apparently he can 0-death people in the water (not that I know how that's done).

Top Bottom