• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
Congrats! You won this item in the last few minutes.
Buyer view

Item: SNES Earthbound!! Super Rare RPG
81 dollars WTF that was nerve-racking...

Edit: ok so theres this kid at work that keeps touching me. I kno rite >_> think he wants me lmao. I know what Will would do in this situation since hes a big advocate of buttsecks but this chit is SO wierd. Good story I know...

Imma go to sleep now

last edit: CAN'T WAIT FOR EARTHBOUND!!!!!! anyone here played it? seeeems really original and epic, although Im guessing the combat is probably typical ***. RPG turn based, but I lived with it in Chrono trigger, so I can prob deal with it here.

Ok I lied lol at cencoring "J.ap".

Im not going to correct my gammer just for steve

Lixivium

Smash Champion
last edit: CAN'T WAIT FOR EARTHBOUND!!!!!! anyone here played it? seeeems really original and epic, although Im guessing the combat is probably typical ***. RPG turn based, but I lived with it in Chrono trigger, so I can prob deal with it here.
I think you might be the only person here who HASN'T played Earthbound.

It's not a game that ages incredibly well, but I suggest playing it without any guides or walkthroughs, so the game's crazy logic will have maximum effect.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
i tried to play earthbound via an emulator in high school and didn't find it to be a very compelling game at all. i think alex is right; it just felt dated and uninteresting. hopefully you will have more fun with it than i did.

Teh Future

Smash Master
D= I sure hope so, I just payed 80 dolla for it lol.

Sonic is sooooooooooooooooooooo fast fun

edit: turtles in time remake is so disapointing, arcade version sucks pretty badly compared to the one for SNES.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
D= I sure hope so, I just payed 80 dolla for it lol.
Just a heads up:

The battles become very repetitive and boring, managing items can be a real chore because you have little inventory space. Sometimes it's hard to figure out where to go next.

Having said that,

The best thing going for Earthbound (at least at the time it was released) was how different it was from most other JPRGs. Like, you call your Dad to save your game instead of stepping over a blinking light. You eat actual foods like hamburgers and hotdogs to regain health. Enemies would do stuff like "cower in fear" or "fall down" or "make a funny face" in battle.

Basically, it was quirky and charming and had a sense of humor.

You might still enjoy it, just don't expect to be blown away by the graphics (although the music is quite good).

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I haven't played Earthbound myself actually.

That said, be patient at the waterfall.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Basically, it was quirky and charming and had a sense of humor.

You might still enjoy it, just don't expect to be blown away by the graphics (although the music is quite good).
I lieked phsyconauts. Music is the best thing about SNES games.

I think Ill enjoy it

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
OMG PSYCHONAUTS.

You shouldn't have said that. That's all I'm going to reference from now on.

"My name--"
"STARTS WITH 'D'!"
"--is Rasputin!"
"PLEASE DON’T KILL US MISTER LAKE MONSTER!"

"And those of you who fight well, you will find yourselves on the path to becoming international secret agents--in other words... Psychonauts! The rest of you... WILL DIE!"

"So he really IS stealing children's brains to make weapons!"
"I know! Isn't it great?"
"How could this possibly be great?!"
"Because we're in the middle of an honest-to-goodness psychic emergency!"
"An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we're the only ones who can stop him!"
"OH MY GOD! LET'S MAKE OUT!"

"Oh no! Goggalor is headed for the orphanage!"

"This is it. The mental world!"
"It looks like a dentist's office."
"A mental dentist's office!"

"You leave Mr. Pokeylope alone!"

"Who is the Milkman? Where is the Milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?"

"Although over time my husband will lose desire for me sexually, he will always love my pies. "

"Rainbow Squirts do not negotiate!"

"It’s fortified with what the world wants... what the world deserves."

"This place reminds me of high school...which is weird, because I'm only 10."

"I can't NOT look! It's like a horrible car accident! A car accident where the victims can't act and the paramedics forget their lines!"

"Okay, man, here’s the plan. Step one: I quit ‘we.’ Step two: ‘We’ – which is now just you – runs out there and gets killed painting the billboard."

"Have you seen hairless bear? In Russia, bears much smaller. Also less hair. Cannot lurk forever bear."

"Uh, excuse me, but my parents let me watch R-rated movies, so I think I would know a little more about this than you."

"So is this where I get a speech and learn another lesson?"
"No. Here is your merit badge. Let us never speak of this again."

"So if I’m not mistaken, you’re not Doctor Loboto, you don’t pay my salary, so kindly back away from my elevator and die. Thank you sir."

"That's... all... right... That's... O... K..."

SO GOOD.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
i've been meaning to play psychonauts eventually. guess i should ignore kyle's posts for a bit to avoid spoilers.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Psychonauts was very charming and funny/unique, but the game including all "sidequests" aka collecting stuff can be completed in 10-15 hours. Also, the game is pretty linear, with some areas being locked off after you pass certain parts of the game.

book it's 10$ on steam or free as a gamefly trial if you don't have an xbox

Cook

Smash Master
Attention any St. Louis person who is cool:

Saturday, September 5th will be a very important day. It is a day where you can have the opportunity to go clubbin' with MEEEEEEEEEE, King Club-Dude. That's right, 9/4 is Nicole's b-day, so to celebrate we're gonna throw *** down at a club Saturday night and you are *ALL formally invited to come with us to this public place. Clear your calendars, people.

*If you are cool, that is.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
so....................... is anyone planning on coming to my place this Friday or should I just scratch it?
The real question is who ISN'T coming, because as far as I know everyone is planning to come.

I know I'll be there, taking out post-exam aggressions on everybody, but mostly Binyan.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
i think i can come, but as usual someone needs to ferry us car-less losers over from Wash U.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Attention any St. Louis person who is cool:

Saturday, September 5th will be a very important day. It is a day where you can have the opportunity to go clubbin' with MEEEEEEEEEE, King Club-Dude. That's right, 9/4 is Nicole's b-day, so to celebrate we're gonna throw *** down at a club Saturday night and you are *ALL formally invited to come with us to this public place. Clear your calendars, people.

*If you are cool, that is.
I'm going to Chicago with some people that weekend :( sorry dude.

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Well, I mentioned it to my Dad and it looks like he won't need me at work on Friday.

So I'm bringing myself, my cube, my game, and my recording stuff to your place on Friday. I'm looking forward to uploading 100+ videos next week :p.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Don't apologize to me, it's Nicole's heart you're breaking. And your own heart.
Metal doesn't have a heart, because his body runs on gasoline (supplemented by caffine at times) instead of blood. Instead he has a network of smalls motors calibrated to operate at speed directly proportional to the amount of stupidity around him.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Normally I kill people on sight for using year-old memes, I'll let it slide due to the Aruba thing.

Nuris

Smash Lord
omg gais i just realized that i have a flight early saturday morning so i can't come or drive to geno's :(
THEN I REALIZED IM NOT A ***** AND I AM TOTALLY ****ING GOING TO GENOS AND STAYING UP ALL NIGHT PLAYING SMASH!!! I CAN SLEEP ON THE ****ING FLIGHT

Top Bottom