• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
hahah oh binyan

im just going to dash dance in between your jabs and grab you like i always do. its ok though, maybe youll take some matches off me hahahha

but i can't smash till friday afternoon. I gots a party to go to thursday night

alt-F4

Smash Ace
faive pee ehm tew mahr oh!
Sorry I can't make it this week guys, getting drunk and pretending to be Irish (I guess I could have just said pretending to be Irish: I hope you enjoyed my racism as much as your own Metal). See you guys next week though.

Special Note: Neither Metal nor I is actually racist. Thank you and good night

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I beg to differ! I cry every night because of the two of you.

10<3 Alt
That isn't from racism.... thats cause we hit you.

Welcome to my world , not a day goes by where I dont feel opressed.

Steve you're a jew for not coming tommorow
somewhere in there is a joke about slavery... but i am a bigger man than that.

lol, bow down to my Aryan supremacy!
Yes, because the last time someone tried something like that it worked out so well.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Legan 6: This Time It's Personal

Coming to Youtube and fine theaters everywhere.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Imma be terribad cause I dont have my wii and ive been playing a bunch of gears of war. lol worst shooter ever, epic is such a horrible developer.
...whaaaaaa?

Like, Epic is definitely not one of my favorite devs, and Gears isn't exactly my favorite game, but it certainly isn't bad. It's a pretty well-designed game that is a pretty good implementation of a tactical shooter. (Which really can't be said for many other games at all.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to blindly praising everything Valve has ever touched. When I was recovering at home I was replaying episode 2... zomg, so amazing.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
UT 2004 is probably my favorite shooter ever. Gears of War is a solid franchise, but it's a bit too slow and clunky for my tastes.

NetteThomson

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I know I heard other wiis at geno's smashfest that had custom music. Can anyone provide a link on how to do this from scratch? I'm betting Thinkaman knows, but any help would be sweet.

My wii is also updated. I used to have hombrew channel, but deleted it when I sent my wii to nintendo to get the disk drive fixed. Now when I try to copy the hacked TP file, it won't work.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, I'm a fan of the more frantic stuff myself. However, if I'm going to have to play a slow FPS, it better be Gears.

Edit: Sorry Fred, I could help you all you want once you get Homebrew, but I'm not sure what the latest way to get it is. Maybe go investigate and see if there is an updated Twilight hack that gets around the latest firmware?

Radium88

Smash Lord
:laugh:

i be thar tonight.

Imma be terribad cause I dont have my wii and ive been playing a bunch of gears of war. lol worst shooter ever, epic is such a horrible developer.
...whaaaaaa?

Like, Epic is definitely not one of my favorite devs, and Gears isn't exactly my favorite game, but it certainly isn't bad. It's a pretty well-designed game that is a pretty good implementation of a tactical shooter. (Which really can't be said for many other games at all.)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go back to blindly praising everything Valve has ever touched. When I was recovering at home I was replaying episode 2... zomg, so amazing.

WHAAAAAAA??!!! is right. How could you say GoW is worst shooter ever? Granted that the story/plot was not that great and somewhat confusing, but the game play is A-mazing! The second one is even better since they added more stuff. The multiplayer is kind of not my thing since the ranking system kind of is non-existent but it's still fun once in a while. In the 2nd one, Horde mode is pretty ****ing fun.

And I think I'm going to join Think in the praising but I want to go play some L4D. (Have yet to face the crab zombie things....I are a scaredy cat....)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Lol, the story in Gears is perhaps one of the worst in any game ever. They try soooo hard to make it compelling, and fail soooo badly. With story, for some games... it's much better not to try at all.

Edit:

Some games, like Mario, are best without a story at all beyond "this is the reason you are doing what you're doing".

Some games need just a bit more story to properly control the pacing and continually give the player new objectives; Zelda and Half Life are good examples that do this very well, giving the player just enough to give meaning to the world and motivation to the gameplay.

RPGs generally need a generally fleshed out and well-rounded story to help drive the gameplay, which is generally slower and more repetitive. Too little story leaves the player bored, too much story ends up preaching to the player and boring them for the opposite reason. Kingdom Hearts and Tales of Symphonia are examples of a strong, balanced plot that really helps the experience.

Only two games I know of actually have stand-alone, fully developed plots that people would be willing to buy without the game part. The first is Phoenix Wright, and the second is Metal Gear Solid.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Metal Gear Solid has a terrible story and absolutely abysmal writing. That said, I loved every game in the series.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Whoa whoa whoa!

Kingdom Hearts II was a hell of decent game and I agree the story was there, but it was by no means robust. There are a couple plot holes that the story has yet to flesh out and some points don't even make sense. For example, it was generally accepted that there were only 3 keyblades, but then Roxas gets 2 additional ones and Kairi (lolwtfsavecheerleadersaveworld) gets one with flowers. o_O

And lol, GoW2 plot was just roided up football players screaming Maria and saying "H***yeah baby!"

EDIT: Now KHI, that was good sh*t. My bad Sir Thinks-a-lot

Teh Future

Smash Master
When I said Gears of War is bad, I was talking about the multiplayer. It would be well put together, if it wasn't for the horrible balancing and the overall BS factor that the game has for everything you do(mostly because of the lag). Its like playing Nintendo online. This is a pretty common in Gears of War multiplayer:

*walks up behind someone and shoots them point blank with a shotgun*

*they turn around and double melee me down*

lol.

Im not even going to say anything about the second one.

And last night needed moar Donkey Kong Country 2

Radium88

Smash Lord
When I said Gears of War is bad, I was talking about the multiplayer. It would be well put together, if it wasn't for the horrible balancing and the overall BS factor that the game has for everything you do(mostly because of the lag). Its like playing Nintendo online. This is a pretty common in Gears of War multiplayer:

*walks up behind someone and shoots them point blank with a shotgun*

*they turn around and double melee me down*

lol.

Im not even going to say anything about the second one.

And last night needed moar Donkey Kong Country 2
Well Mr. Future, now that's a different story. I do agree that the multiplayer is preeetty bad. The stupid "I'm going to keep rolling at you even though you are shooting at me with any type of gun you have and then pop up and shot gun you in the face you die and I hardly get a scratch" is a piece of bull****. Like I said before, where the **** is the ranking system?? And, if there is one, please tell me for the love of God, how does it make sense? But it can be decent at times.

Horde is amazing!! I will attest to that again because I need to.

I should have played Melee more. ZOMG, why am I decent at Melee?? I was always frustrated because I couldn't do ****. I wants some smashing with other peoples to test my skillz.

Legan

Smash Lord
Well is not like ive really been practicing, most of us only play like once a week ( at most) we all work full time and have school :(. When we stop having lives St Louis will ****.

But really Id like to practice more, sadly nobody tells me when they're playin at Wash U so im stuck at being only potentially amazing and not truly amazing.

Top Bottom