• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Where the heck is Kyle? Book and I are about to get something to eat then head over. If I get lost and wind up driving to Michigan, I'm blaming him.

Nuris

Smash Lord
My girlfriend is PMSing. I will be ready to go as soon as I can. Maybe 30 minutes or so.

darkatma

Smash Hero
yeah it was really awesome Geno, i had a Blast LOLOLOLLOLOLOPPLOLOLOL

kyle ***** me at word games
me: "Wow Kyle you ordered a lot of food, how do you manage to eat all of that (seeing as you're so freaking skinny)"
kyle: like this *puts fork to mouth*

the crew battle was awesome, i could've taken more than 11 stocks though if I hadn't SDed =[
I thought we were gonna lose coz you guys had geno random andd brawlpro tho lolll
But we won both good stuff guys :D

@ TTT chris: you're actually really cool in person i take back what i said like, a year ago about you being a **** lolll

@ Geno chris: GIMME THAT MUSIC I NEED IT TO STUDY!

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Geno that was a great time yesterday i had a ton of fun (especially playing diddy kong's quest). it was cool to meet everyone, well mostly the melee guys even though i really didn't "meet" too many of them. I hope it happens again soon.

Nuris

Smash Lord
That was sooo much fun. Megaman X was too good. Didn't get a chance to play SF4 or Melee teams though :(

Next time we should speed run some other random game like Star Fox 64, Bomberman 64, Link to the Past, another Megaman... you need to teach me all the other ones because I haven't played them or it's been so freakin' long since I have.

To everyone else GGs to those that I played, and I'll try to get you next time for those that I didn't. This was a lot of fun, I hope it happens again sometime. Next time with more drinking.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
hey i really wanna play smash again, and i gotta meet the new community. who's up for some more this weekend? the only thing that requires me to smash is to be picked up. no car =(
I'm good enough to be worth meeting. :ness:
Sorry I doubt anybody is going to want to play after last night's marathon fest. Also if you want a ride you're going to have to give at least a general location where you live.

This smashfest was so good it is shoutout-worthy:

Geno is the best host in the Midwest. He can moneymatch anyone at hosting, anytime. But please stop playing that song.

Darkatma and I ***** in crews. But I didn't go first so it doesn't count.

I beat both Thinkaman and Toga at least once at Brawl = OMG the world is about to end. I wish I could be better at this game without having to play it so much.

TTT: Stop falling for Thinkaman's shenanigans. Seriously, I've never seen anybody get gimped MORE in Brawl than Melee. Also let me know about the boat.

Legan we didn't get to play Brawl (or did we, I don't remember).

(Metal and Future, we played equal amounts of Brawl and Melee, even had a crew battle for both, and there was minimal bashing (besides Random). So I don't want to hear any more griping about how we're unfair to Brawl.)

Nuris is the man who made the legendary order at IHOPs. He is rooty-tooty-fresh-n-fruity for sure.

Brawlpro your parents are top tier, I wish mine were as cool as yours. Keep playing.

Mune: Thanks for coming, it's been too long.

Random: We love having you here but chill out, it's just a game.

Cronius: Coming back after leaving is hella mindgames. Thanks for driving and don't give up; I can remember when I played much much worse (even last night).

JGalt, Chezzles, Steve (?), Adam, other Chris, and anybody else who came with Thinkaman/Tony: You guys are cool.

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
ok, well Scott AFB, next to Belleville if you don't know where that is. So its like 20 miles from STL. Closer than my old place was to the smashing place. 208-440-8220 if you want to talk (text) to me about doing something.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
JGalt, Chezzles, Steve (?), Adam, other Chris, and anybody else who came with Thinkaman/Tony: You guys are cool.
I'm Steve, and yeah everyone was pretty cool about everything, even though i didn't hang near the melee much at all. all the AT's make me unsure if it is even worth learning this late in the game, even if it does look really fun.

darkatma

Smash Hero
I'm Steve, and yeah everyone was pretty cool about everything, even though i didn't hang near the melee much at all. all the AT's make me unsure if it is even worth learning this late in the game, even if it does look really fun.
i will teach you ATs next time =]
it only took my friend on campus here 2 months to get wavedashing and l canceling down
depends on the person though
i'm sure if you've had smash experience the transition isn't too bad

alt-F4

Smash Ace
i will teach you ATs next time =]
it only took my friend on campus here 2 months to get wavedashing and l canceling down
depends on the person though
i'm sure if you've had smash experience the transition isn't too bad
Thanks, and don't worry about the name thing i picked up a few names while i was there but there were a lot i didn't catch too (some i know only from lurking around here/that was all people called them, like random) I do know some of the basic principles for some of the AT's maybe i will just mess around later this week with them.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I do know some of the basic principles for some of the AT's maybe i will just mess around later this week with them.
You'd be surprised how much you can get away with NOT using "advanced techs".

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
That was sooo much fun. Megaman X was too good. Didn't get a chance to play SF4 or Melee teams though :(

Next time we should speed run some other random game like Star Fox 64, Bomberman 64, Link to the Past, another Megaman... you need to teach me all the other ones because I haven't played them or it's been so freakin' long since I have.

To everyone else GGs to those that I played, and I'll try to get you next time for those that I didn't. This was a lot of fun, I hope it happens again sometime. Next time with more drinking.
hey you were hilarious at ihop.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Lixivium said:
(Metal and Future, we played equal amounts of Brawl and Melee, even had a crew battle for both, and there was minimal bashing (besides Random). So I don't want to hear any more griping about how we're unfair to Brawl.)
Thank you for taking the time to ***** me out about something that I didn't even do and wasn't even there for. Appreciate that. Cool stuff. Yeah.

Anyway... glad everyone had fun at Geno's. Sorry I couldn't make it, I had to do some home theater work for my uncle. Wish I could have.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I dont complain about people bashing brawl, I defend any smash game when its being bashed because they all offer different aspects of competitive gaming which appeal to different people. That doesn't make one game worse than another and they all have a lot of problems with them that makes it so you could easily say they are terribad.

In the end they all are fun to plai though : D

*group hug*

edit: everyone make sure they can go to WI next month

darkatma

Smash Hero
i thought the brawl/melee crew battle was genius on kyle/geno's part loll

DUDE GENO teach me megaman 9 I CAN'T EVEN BEAT THE FIRST STAGE
the farthest I've gotten is the miniboss on the jewel man stage I think
i get killed by the 3rd elephant on stone/rock man whatever his name
and i get owned on tornado man too

AlCheMisT amari

Smash Journeyman
I dont complain about people bashing brawl, I defend any smash game when its being bashed because they all offer different aspects of competitive gaming which appeal to different people. That doesn't make one game worse than another and they all have a lot of problems with them that makes it so you could easily say they are terribad.
wow that's.... actually kind of motivational...
who wants to play melee?

alt-F4

Smash Ace
My name is Philip Steininger and I approve this image.
I dont know how you couldn't approve, also i submit that we paste a giant copy of this over whatever the hell is on the ceiling of the sistine chapel (no one put anything important up there...right?)

Top Bottom