• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm not sure if I will be holding a smashfest--I'm considering catching a ride with chewyy and Ripple to Lucario is Paw-some in Indiana...

While the subject is interesting Brawl matches...

Probably the most fun I have in Brawl, besides Falcon dittos and Ness/Lucas matches, is Jiggs vs. Snake. Jiggs plays the matchup just like MK does, but with much higher aerial speed instead of disjointed hitboxes. This makes nade spam pointless (Jiggs bair hitbox is vertically narrow and should never hit a pulled nade), and makes the matchup ridiculous.

Pretty much every Pokemon Trainer matchup is interesting... even Falco, the only person who wrecks all three. Ivysaur vs. Snake is REALLY interesting, because Ivysuar can outcamp Snake at any given time--it's interesting to see Snake players be forced to play a straight-up offense, some don't do it well. the same can apply to Olimar vs. Snake.

The last amazing matchups I can think of are any Ganondorf matchups where Ganondorf has multiple options out of side-B. Ganon is just soooo bad but soooo scary... I was counting, and Toga was killing my Jigglypuff with an average of 5 moves a stock, up to 7. And Ganon's only side-B combo on Jiggs is JAB--other people weigh more, but on some people he has guaranteed tilts...

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Ganondorf, after playing so many of them on Friday I found out that I could DI his side B to escape his Dtilt follow up, which is usually a guaranteed hit. Is this a Fox specific thing, or can all characters do this?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I hate playing Ganon; it's like playing Mewtwo in Melee - he always seems to have less lag than I expect :(. I lost to Toga's Ganon with Kirby but won with Lucas, go figure.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Who here is good at graphic design? If you guys dont do it my girlfriend will - but we need st.louis banners for our sigs, yo.

Thinkaman, Legan, Deku, Zig Zag, Geno, Toga (?), and Random with little foxes and pikachus or whatever, amiright?

Cmon, let's join 2004!

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Good call. Didn't know you could disable signatures. No more Wombo Combo .gif images for me.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lmao whats up with the Psyduck one?

Thinkaman you are the first person Ive ever heard say that they enjoy playing against snake.

Seriously... hes so gay.

Also I dont like pokemon trainer since I decided to try to go falcon against him. Every stock I was like ok just get to the next pokemon, and then I realized falcon is horrible and no matter what pokemon it is its like a 7 to 3 matchup lol.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Also I dont like pokemon trainer since I decided to try to go falcon against him. Every stock I was like ok just get to the next pokemon, and then I realized falcon is FABULOUS and no matter what pokemon it is its like a 7 to 3 matchup lol.
Falcon Fixing: One of the many services I offer.

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Glad to hear my crew won. And sorry I had to leave early. In retrospect, I should've stayed longer, as what I had planned to do when I got back wound up being a bloody mess. So I wound up watching Tomb Raider, which is actually a decent movie, aside from the robot.

This just in:
"[Kyle] must compensate for his lack of fun creating abilities with his play-pen ball pit." - My-New-Suitemate-Who-Does-Not-Know-Kyle

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Did you really make all those? That's pretty impressive.

I turn off signatures to save loading time.
Yeah, everything there is all original work done by me, including the website itself. It's a fun hobby and good for making like $400-$1,000 randomly from people who need work done. Hopefully it will be a fulltime job someday, we'll see.

Cook

Smash Master
So, I'm thinking about coming to St. Louis this coming weekend and hopefully bringing Nicole with me. Is there anything awesome going on? I want to do something awesome! Also, Jordan's going to be in town, so I think he's also up for doing something awesome.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm toying with the idea of doing a local smashfest instead of lucario is paw-some.......

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'm toying with the idea of doing a local smashfest instead of lucario is paw-some.......
local smashfest! (that's my vote, i know it counts for alot :ohwell:)

would you be having it friday or saturday if you did decide to host it?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If I hold a Smashfest, it would be a 54-hour blowout leading up to Brawl's birthday. I have almost 9,600 matches on my wii right now, and the goal of the event would be to reach 10,000. It'd be like a telethon, except instead of helping little kids with cancer, we'd just be playing smash.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
If I hold a Smashfest, it would be a 54-hour blowout leading up to Brawl's birthday. I have almost 9,600 matches on my wii right now, and the goal of the event would be to reach 10,000. It'd be like a telethon, except instead of helping little kids with cancer, we'd just be playing smash.
Kyle you are TOO PRO! lol

Let's DO ET

JGALT

Smash Cadet
Match #10,000:
99 STOCK TEAM FALCON QUADRITTO ON FINAL D!!!
Awwww YEAAAAH!

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Clearly we should have mini-tourneys to decide who gets to play in match #10,000...

Edit: Also Legan still owes me $30.

Nuris

Smash Lord
I can't believe I'm going to miss this because I'm going home for spring break. Gaaah y'all better represent the downsmash.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
hi guyssss

so i messed up again and got 5th at JAB1, 4th in teams.

i
want
to
win!!!
Way to choke it up Deku. Did you get 5th out of like 20 people or something. Who do you keep losing to in brackets?

@Thinkaman: I'm of two minds. On one hand I want Kyle to tear it up at a Circuit Event and represent St. Louis, on the other hand this weekend would be one time when I could come to Kyle's and not have to leave early.

Radium you play Kirby right? Kirby is my new main in Brawl. I even beat Thinkaman's Jiggs last Friday at Geno's LOLLLLLL

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Match #10,000:
99 STOCK TEAM FALCON QUADRITTO ON FINAL D!!!
Awwww YEAAAAH!
that is so magically manly i don't think my brain can contain it. the idea of a 54 hour smash fest sounds amazing, although i might have to leave at some point for work and seeing either watchmen or street fighter. don't worry i know both will be bad for different reasons (watchmen: i've read the comic and will know what actually happens compared to the **** they will serve me... street fighter: there is nothing that will save the lack of thighs, street fighter fans understand that comment) anyway keep me posted.

everyone should go to metals for awesome smashfest tomorrow btw, you can ask ironboots and asc it is fun.

Also metal, nyus, legan, nuris, and radium i have something as good as if not better than (atleast in my opinion) "But i poop from there" i shall be bringing it over tomorrow on my hard drive. i would like to have all 5 of those people there before i show it, so let me know if you won't be there so as soon as the others show up i can just go ahead and show it.

man that was one of my longer posts, too bad i won't get credit for it cause it is in the social room.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Status report: It is my regret to inform the citizens of St. Louis that I, your supreme overseer, has falling rather ill. I went to an imaginary doctor, who confirmed my beliefs: "Yep, you feel like crap." I decided the best treatment would be lots of rest, water, and complaining on the internet.

Crap, I just burped. Hope that isn't a prologue to vomit.

Anyhow, this situation has greatly diminished the odds of me driving 18 hours total for the eastern circuit event. I can only hope that it is not so bad as to prevent any smashfests--that said all casual events at my place before friday are hear-by canceled. (sorry JGALT)

That's why I said pl0x. Besides, I know they just DYING to play with us.
Apparently, I am.

I can't believe I'm going to miss this because I'm going home for spring break. Gaaah y'all better represent the downsmash.
Down-smash sucks with all my characters. In fact, I play exactly the few characters in the game without good d-smashes, except for Wario. (which toga has on lock-down.)

hi guyssss

so i messed up again and got 5th at JAB1, 4th in teams.

i
want
to
win!!!
Hmmm... I await the countless other ways you will inevitably disappoint me in the future.

if you team with me we'd get better than 4th

maybe not because i have no idea how you are at teamwork.
As you should. You better do the ****in smashfest.....please.

Way to choke it up Deku. Did you get 5th out of like 20 people or something. Who do you keep losing to in brackets?

@Thinkaman: I'm of two minds. On one hand I want Kyle to tear it up at a Circuit Event and represent St. Louis, on the other hand this weekend would be one time when I could come to Kyle's and not have to leave early.

Radium you play Kirby right? Kirby is my new main in Brawl. I even beat Thinkaman's Jiggs last Friday at Geno's LOLLLLLL
BRB, gonna go stand in front of the toliet before finishing post.

...and we're back! After an agonizing hour of nauseous waiting, I have succeeded in vomiting. I'd like to thank the cup of water that I kept sipping from during the wait, as well as the at-hand plastic bag that proved itself durable in the heat of battle. My dear toliet also performed to the best of its abilities during this crisis, and for that I am most appreciative. It was the acidic, watery kind of vomit, definitely flu-based and certainly not food poisoning of any sort. TRIVIA: I had a similar flu about this time last year, at GDC!

Now that that ordeal has past, I feel the need to say that I feel fantastic.

I am going to take this opportunity to drink infinity water. I told my lawyer to fax me the exact details of what that involves when he gets the chance, but that won't stop me from starting. I just burped again, but it was but a friendly exchange; a friendly nod from a stranger on the road passing through on ways to parts unknown. Back to water.

Now, where was I?

Lixi, it sounds like I'm staying here. Also, playing you marked the third time in recent history I had trouble with a Kirby as Jigglypuff. (The others being 8-bit beating me in crew battles with Kirby, and the other being zozefup almost beating me with kirby as his counter-pick at edwardsville winners semi-finals.) Clearly this is a sign, I need to re-examine this matchup greatly. It speaks volumes when the first thing I think of when fighting Kirby is "Oh, I'll just punish him when he comes out of down-B!"

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think I played zozefup's kirby, he was the only one that beat my lucas in friendlies that day :(

And thats after I hit a jab lock to upsmash that match, which might I say was beautiful.

Anyways, I will be at metalmuicman's tomorrow and I am sorry to say that me and nana have gotten in an argument. As a result, I am playing almost exclusively low tier characters tomorrow. for the lulz.

Actually I just want to use falcon and yoshi moar cuz they ****.

Yoshi >> metaknight

Top Bottom