• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
Yeah, that was way awesome.
So Kyle, we never got around to designing posters for an official Smash Club meeting. I can try to put something together this weekend, but it will be rough 'cause I dunno when/where it's going to be held. On that note, where do you think we should hold it?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm going to talk to my RA friends today and try to figure out what the best way to do it would be. Wheeler 3 is kind of small, but TVs are already there. The best open space I know of is... wait a sec, holy crap. The best open area I know of is NOT the ground floor of Mudd... The best open area is the DUC "Fun Room". New plan guys, DUC it is.

I have the card for the person who runs that place, I'll shoot them an email and finalize it on Monday.

Right now the fliers are just going to have the time, place, and a shadow of Capt. Falcon saying "Show Us Your Moves". If anyone has better ideas before Monday, feel free to list them.

BONUS: I had a dream last night that me and my roommate for some reason went to Mew2King's house and played him in Melee. We got destroyed, and then we played him 2v1, and thought we were winning, but in reality he had just fallen asleep because playing us was so boring.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
BONUS: I had a dream last night that me and my roommate for some reason went to Mew2King's house and played him in Melee. We got destroyed, and then we played him 2v1, and thought we were winning, but in reality he had just fallen asleep because playing us was so boring.
I would have thought it'd be the other way around. I can't imagine anything more boring than playing someone who does everything perfectly. This is why I do dumb **** when I play.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Good ole' Lixi, not playing perfectly just because he loves us. :) Only joking of course, I know what you meant.

EDIT: Is Ice Cap Zone music still awesome? Yes, yes it is.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Pulaski IL? Is that near Metropolis and Paducah?

It's a bit far from St. Louis, but I'd be more than happy to stop by and play you whenever I'm on my way to or from home. (Paducah)

Edit: Wait, Pulaski MO? Isn't that like, over 2 hours away from St. Louis?

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
Pulaski county, which is around 2 hours from St. louis, RIGHT.
That's why i try to catch rides with smoothie whenever i can .-.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Well, I doubt any of us will ever be going your way, but feel free to come smash with us any time.

Also, for those who don't know, there is a 2v2 tourney in Edwardsville in... 12 hours. I'm more than happy to provide rides, leaving here at noon.

Nuris

Smash Lord
You probably wouldn't love it so much if you know it's only Brawl.
I don't think I'm going to make it. No teammate/prior commitment johns.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Someone go and play Brawl with Nuris!

If no one else, my roommate might; he wanted to go but couldn't get his intended partner to go.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Smash on Fridays is kind of standard. You could probably find people to play on random days too.

EDIT: Last call for Edwardsville guys.

Teh Future

Smash Master
wait wat? I'd go but I can't really drive anywhere since im running on empty. Also I have homework so I could only go as long as it doesn't take all day....

Also dark cloud people regularly get together in st. peters for brawl on tuesdays, I'm not sure where you are so I can't tell if that's farther or closer than st. louis for you.

edit: lol nevermind I'm too late :( not checking the forum ftl i guess

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Did you win that Edwardsville thing Kyle?

Binyan, I saw you playing Chris (Toga) a lot on Friday, how'd you do?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Yeah, so muba doing well with level 9 Luigi was ridiculous.

Luigi can just run at people, jump, and do like five consecutive aerials without needing to worry about spacing. He's also so floaty that the CPU's "air dodge ALL THE TIME" mentality actually works.

The first match against Muba me and Toga tried to focus on Muba and ignore Luigi; we ended up hitting each other as much as Muba and almost losing. Second match I just focused on Luigi and took all of his stocks before any one else died. Muba, I think you should have gone Snake against us; his consistent KOs and ground control would have been a natural complement to Luigi.

Also guys, I got the best idea ever. More as it develops.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Yeah, so muba doing well with level 9 Luigi was ridiculous.

Luigi can just run at people, jump, and do like five consecutive aerials without needing to worry about spacing. He's also so floaty that the CPU's "air dodge ALL THE TIME" mentality actually works.

The first match against Muba me and Toga tried to focus on Muba and ignore Luigi; we ended up hitting each other as much as Muba and almost losing. Second match I just focused on Luigi and took all of his stocks before any one else died. Muba, I think you should have gone Snake against us; his consistent KOs and ground control would have been a natural complement to Luigi.

Also guys, I got the best idea ever. More as it develops.
LOL that sounds like how I beat Geno/Legan at Kansas City - my partner was like the worst Pikachu ever and I told him to do nothing but D-smashes.

darkatma

Smash Hero
did you play him in melee?
i don't bawrl lol
not until i bring my wii over during christmas and **** all the noob freshies at it at least

@darkwarcloud:
It varies, because usually it's either one of 2 buildings on the washU campus or Geno's house. This friday will most likely be at washU

doubleedit:
brawl doubles with a good teams partner is fun

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
@darkwarcloud:
It varies, because usually it's either one of 2 buildings on the washU campus or Geno's house. This friday will most likely be at washu
I'd much rather go to geno's than go to a campus.

I'd rather have a good Snake on me(No homo.) then level 9 Wigi.
It's like..the lesser of the two evils.
Peach is the best lvl 9 computer. Go play her, now, and feel her wrath.

Teh Future

Smash Master
geno doesn't host very often so if you wanna play at a house(lol) you'd either have to come to MetalMusicMan's on tuesdays or wait like a month for geno to host.

Seriously though, you guys should do something on a time different than friday... since I work always... and it's always on fridays >: (

Lixivium

Smash Champion
What, do you work til midnight? Legan used to work Fridays and he'd show up later. People generally stay until 2 AM or later, that is precisely the reason these are held on Fridays.

Top Bottom