• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332

falco vs bowser again?

but yea you still know a few things about falcon such as mindgames and tech chasing or whatever, which is why i said to talk to you about it. As for me, I think i'm going to pick him up kuz he is just so much fun and who knows, maybe i'll be good enough to use him in teams in the near future

Bowser vs Falco, Bring it on!!!

but no FD =P
Bowser so fat that he consumes all the lasers that Falco shoots. Too bad lah.

Kirkq said:
"i play falco. i'm good at damaging people and keeping them busy but i'm not so good at killing."
this is always funny. good thing good thing =)

_kSo_

Smash Master
would anyone be up for playing smash this week?
i have no class after 10:15am tomorrow kuz i have a 9am power hour but that's it so, gimme a call

609-933-5907

i will be able to smash for a lil bit, but only kuz the semester just started so the work hasn't piled up just yet lol

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Since I obtained all my exam schedules, i KNOW that I DEFINTELY CANNOT participate the pound 3.

Physics :: Jan 31st
Math :: Feb 5th
Chem :: Feb 4th

So yeah... it is very packed exam schedule that i cannot play for whole weekends.
I might not be able to go to Tink's Tourney as well.
I will see how much i know and how good i do in those classes and decided it....

_kSo_

Smash Master
Since I obtained all my exam schedules, i KNOW that I DEFINTELY CANNOT participate the pound 3.

So yeah... it is very packed exam schedule that i cannot play for whole weekends.
I will see how much i know and how good i do in those classes and decided it....
dude that sucks so much taht you have to have your exams so close together...

i feel bad for you

你如果要我跟你付息什么,就给我说一下。我会搬你复习 考试

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Why does babelfish stink....
"You if want me to pay interests any with you, said to me. I can move your examination for additional training"
is what I got from the Chinese you typed.... I'm pretty sure that's not what you said.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

You can definately go to Tink's tourney. That tourney is a week before your first exam and it's for one day during the weekend. I'm sure one afternoon off won't effect your studying. But yes, Pound 3 is definately out of the question for you, sorry to hear that.

This is what Sveet said on my facebook wall about Pound3:
"well im leaving that friday morning, maybe thurs night. mapquest says 11 hours. i drive faster than their thing so it will be 9-10 hours, save for bad bad traffic. if i stop for you guys that will probably add an hour or two. by those times, i think fri morning would be safe enough, even if i am a few hours off. Now, i am bringing a setup, which should easily fit in the trunk. assuming you guys dont pack like women, we should be able to fit all the bags in the trunk as well. that leaves 3-4 extra spots in the car depending on how well you guys like each other. id say stick with 3. Hell, when i went to FCD a friend brought a small portable TV and a cube and played smash in the back seat, so even for that reason id say stay with 3 lol. btw, front seats have heat :p. anyways, we also need a place to stay during the tourney. i could call the hotel they suggested, which gets a discounted room rate at $68/night. if we split a room or 2 we can save money.
oh yea, and just to be clear from the start, gas will be split evenly. if there are 4 of us total, expect ~$50 in gas round trip. i got shafted with my carpool to FCD and they gave me like $7 and a sandwich between 3 people."

_kSo_

Smash Master
the fact that we will have to stay in a hotel room has led me to believe that I do not possess the required funds to attend this journey to the "Pound 3" smash brothers competition with you gentlemen

sorry, fellas. if we can't find free housing, I can't go...I can pay for gas for whoever drives us but the housing issue is going to hurt me so yea...

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Alan, I was wondering whether we were going to have a low-tier tournament and/or crew battles. Fill me in, will ya?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Alan, I was wondering whether we were going to have a low-tier tournament and/or crew battles. Fill me in, will ya?

oh we'll definitely have crew battles this saturday, kuz that was just too fun last time...

i feel like we are going to have a great turnout this weekend :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't know if we should do low tiers. Last time, that took FOREVER.
I mean, low tier characters....can't kill fast, so the matches are so long. Especially when you consider the fact almost no one even knows has to use low tier characters.

Maybe if there's time after doubles, singles, and crew battles....which I doubt since crews takes forevcer too.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
dayum you replied fast. wtf are you doing on smashboards so early lol
Heh, ya, I think it's safe to say that my cousin has no life. You'd THINK he'd be studying for his classes, but I guess that's just not how you guys do things down at Purdue.:laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Money Matches?

Speaking of money...

Anyone want to money match? I'll do any matchup, don't be shy to pick the character for me.

For you BRAVE soldiers out there, you can challenge my DK, CFalcon, Bowser, Pichu, Link, Mewtwo, Marth, or Roy.

Tournament rules, it can be best 2/3, or 3/5, you choose. I'll accept $1 to $10, basically, the normal MM range.

--------------------------------------------------

Btw, KSO, I need your help with a video.
Info here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135685

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of money...

For you BRAVE soldiers out there, you can challenge my DK, CFalcon, Bowser, Pichu, Link, Mewtwo, Marth, or Roy.
haha whats worse losing to a bowser/ pichu, or knowing that before the match already starts that i am gunna lose a dollar? haha sorry i must decline as tempting as it is im going to save my embarassment :)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lol, kk. Let's just do friendlies then.

Btw, I'm adding Young Link and Zelda to that list.

Kirkq, step up.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Okay, my 2nd attempt to posting this.... -_-; I cannot access the site properly at times.

First, I'm praying like mad hell to be there at a decent time tomorrow. Not making promises.

Carl//
We never did our DK vs. Mario match.

Good news....
I've got a capture card :D So we can start getting matches up and going again. Just have to work with this lap top....

Bad news...
I'm still single.

OMG, just thought of some random, but f'n awesome combo for Cpt. Falcon. Fair >>> (opponet is off ledge now) Dair >>> (opponet metor cancels in air) to Fair FTW.... That'd be so f'n hawt. XD this is the first time of me actually putting down my creativeness.

Anyways, I don't know when I'll be there tomorrow. Peace guys.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Carl $10 when we meet in tournament

Accepting money matches from people who arent Cunning Kitsune. I take certain character matchups as well. (Not playing bowser, pichu, kirby, others.)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
*bump* Post # FIFTHY FIFTHY

WOW @ Kirkq for losing to my Pichu with Falcon in a money match. I told you your Falcon was terrible!!!
Me "Kirk, your Falcon is SO BAD. I'll beat it with...Pichu!"
Kirkq "PICHU?...um, money match???"
Me "Sure, how much???"
Kirkq "...5 bucks???"
*I win money match*
Kirkq "Well, I'm embarrassed"

But yeah, Kirkq.....YOU ONLY WIN ON ****ING POKEFLOATS YOU ***GOT, URGH, I'm banning that **** next time. Gay *** stage.
But yeah, the 2 hour finals with you was still fun. I'll get my money back from our beat on finals though.

Yo Kirkq....money match??? I'll use low tier!

But yeah, I had alot of fun. It was good playing you all...cept, didn't get to play goosefactor in any singles and DracoFox didn't play with me :cry:
Till next time guys!

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I feel I need to make my Pichu more annoying, right now all I do is spam SHFFL fairs.... it works... but it's quite predictable... Any tips?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm just giving shout outs and letting everyone know that I had tons of fun yesterday.

NJzFinest: Glad to finally meet up with you since you weren't at the past to events that I attended. If was fun playing doubles with you and KSO. But ya, next time we need to make sure to do friendlies, mm's, or whatever. I was kinda pissed that we didn't play any, but your finals with Kirkq took like 128 hours. Oh, ya, thanks for all the Falcon Punches during that doubles match! And just to let you know, marth grab/jab + sheik rapid A = NOT FUN :mad: I take it you saw the infamous Ken/Isai and Azen/Chillin video!!

KSO: Why'd you leave so early!? I was looking around to play you in friendlies when someone told me you left already. What's up with that? I hope it wasn't because you weren't playing well, cause I was sucking it up too but I still had fun.

Maus: Man, I think you whipped out ever character in the game yesterday! Just got sick of Sheik or somethin'? Anyways, it was fun teaming with you in the couple friendly battles we had at the end of the night. We should think about teaming up for the next tournament provided ac burrito already has a partner.

Puma: Hey, you really caught me off guard during our singles set! I wasn't expecting you to give me such a hard time! I'll make sure to be better prepared next time! Playing friendly teams with you was a blast!

CKit: You never seem to fail to impress me with your skill. That 2v1 on FD was crazy! As you saw against KSO and NJzFinest, I don't fare nearly as well as you when I'm double teamed...:(

DracoFox: What's up with you coming in late? Didn't you want to rematch a marth ditto with me? Hmm... maybe next time.

Anyone else who posts here regularly that I forgot to mention, I apologize. I guess I'll just have to do a better job of making sure we play eachother next time!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Real shout outs:

KSO: Dude, we *****, even while you were sick.

Lavos: Thanks for being my cheer leader. The only problem was you didn't have pom poms and a shirt. It's cool how you recorded the 2 hour finals with Kirkq though.

CunningKitsune: Our Fox/Mewtwo team is pretty top tier :)

Maus: WE NEVER DID BOWSER DITTOS YOU ****IN KOREAN <3

DracoFox/goosefactor: Yeah, like I said before, we gotta play :( But yeah Matt, FALCON PUNCH FTW haha. Teams with you was pretty sweet, and yes, I've seen the Ken/Isai and Azen/Chillin many teams :)

Puma: Dude, I saw improvements in your Peach. You're much more accurate than before....however, I improved in the DK vs Peach matchup as you can see ^_^
But yeah, you never what to take my DK to Final Destination with a fast faller unless you wanted to be comboed :)

Kevin (?): Dude, I never knew you can play Falcon....you were pretty troublesome to deal with in teams, good stuff.

Kradian aka guy in green with glasses who played Sheik: Nice stuff...however, it wasn't the best idea to take my DK to Final Destination with a fast faller and Yoshi Story with Marth. oooo, CunningKitsune is well aware of what my DK can do against Marth on stories :D

Kirkq: Hmm, well, it seems I have Samus to counterpick your Falco while you have Sheik to counterpick my Samus while I have Donkey Kong to counterpick your Sheik while you have Falco to counterpick my Donkey Kong....OOOO, and I have Pichu to counterpick your CFalcon LOLOLOL
Yeah, um, I **** you on Brinstar and Corneria while you **** me on PokeFloats, gay ****. I'll get you next time >_<

Yeah, me and Lavos are gonna look through the footage and prolly upload anything that isn't boring as hell. I mean, Samus vs Falco was LONG and BORING. For now, it seems only the Shiek vs DK videos are worth anything.

_kSo_

Smash Master
sick johns

yeah, so as you all know, I was pretty sick on saturday, and I'm still sick now...kinda sucks

but yea I was pretty off yesterday as well as today (when me and carl were recording matches)

sorry for leaving early too, I was just not in the mood for any more smash

//NJzfinest
Team Fire Emblem, Team Phew Phew Phew Phew Ping, Team Pika -- FTW
2nd place in teams...it was a fun tournament

//goosefactor
good friendlies, I'm a bit sad that I was so off. Our marth dittos should have been better :p

//DracoFox
I thank you for being one of the only people to notice that I wasn't exactly myself that day and that i was really off my game. everyone else who i talked to were just like johnnnsss. which is partly true but it was the truth. anyway good friendlies, wish you coulda been there for the tourney

//Kirkq
I will money match you when im not sick. I promise. Sorry for the delay, but I really didn't feel like myself

//maus
y didn't you play doubles!!! it would have been super fun lololol. MAUSUUUU. I didn't get to play you at all yesterday :( I'm sad

//Kradian (sp?)
good tournament match. your sheik is very good. I had no idea who you were so I didn't expect you to be able to beat my marth, but then afterwards i found out that you had taken out maus, which I then realized that if i had known this piece of information I would have used falco off the bat lolll

//Everyone else

good tournament overall, I wish I remembered my computer so that we could have had a bracket earlier. lol. I will be sure to set up the next tournament to be pretty awesome

we have yet to decide a date, but it will most likely be January 26th.

Practice up!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Alan// True. We didn't have a chance to fight that time...
but we got coming weekends as well. so.. yeah.

Carl// i just... got knocked out. what can i do?
but now we will do...

ZELDA DITTO!!!!!!!!!

Matt// err... you asked me not to use shiek.. lol
well, i don't really like to use shiek in general...
I use shiek if requested, or when i have a feeling i should try to win or to make the match more closer, like..
Cunning Kitsune or Carl... if i do random characters, i hardly kill them twice or more.
Shiek is only character of mine 'ACTUALLY' fight them properly.

and, CKit is always amazing. =P
we (people including me) sometimes make him do 1 vs 3. he still does it good...
that is just a beginning of the frustration.

BY THE WAY,
Sorry to tourney hosts, Anthony and Alan, but i just hate the rule[?].
I'm saying this, not because of Kradian beat me, because i have to face same person twice or more in ONE TOURNAMENT.

First time, i cannot really remember who (i GUESS it was Craig, not sure of spelling), but i beat him when i first met him, he came again to me and had the other set of matches.

second time was with Matt R. He beat me and went up. I suddenly had to face him again and got destroyed.

Third was with Kradian... though it was lucky for me by having Kradian killing himself once per match, i won. Later, somehow, i had to face him again.
He, then, decided not to make stupid mistake and decided to be gay on me...
I just got *****.
only john i can make about this is that i didn't practice shiek enough. -_-
but Kradian was good player... so i can't really comment on my lose.

like I said... AT LEAST for ME, it is pretty much dumb to see same person/people over and over again.
Say, I was just getting used to the rule at the first time.
since 2nd time, it just does not seems to be right for me.

I don't think i will enter next tournament.

BUT,,, isn't 26th the day for the Tink tourney?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
but now we will do...

ZELDA DITTO!!!!!!!!!
Maus...Zelda dittos ftw! Pure mindgames, spacing, and camping lol, we need to have more.
Maus, you should check out these matches:
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=ryoko+zelda+magus+color
The Zelda that is better = Ryoko

I feel I need to make my Pichu more annoying, right now all I do is spam SHFFL fairs.... it works... but it's quite predictable... Any tips?
Yeah...you should never use forward airs with Pichu...ever. Lacks range and eventhough it has low knockback, it doesn't lead to a quick grab or smash like one may think. I think it does almost as much damage to the opponent to what Pichu does to himself.

The aerial you should be SHFFLing is pretty much always his neutral air.
I has priority, speed, stays out, good for edgeguarding, and has nice knockback. It leads to a grab, up tilt (you can chain up tilts after a Nair, it's pretty smexy) or smash (usually a Upsmash); it's pretty much his main aerial, especially when appoarching.

Keep in mind that if you do a SHFFL neutral aerial, if you hold L (or R) when you L-cancel and hold the C stick in a direction (this is all while the attack is still go on after being L-canceled) you do an immediate to roll; you can never get punished for missing a Nair with this. The move ends fast enough for Pichu to be able to roll away before getting. This is probably the most annoying thing going for Pichu besides his weight and recovery.

mecatomato

Smash Lord

_kSo_

Smash Master
Dude, I am charging my batteries for my Camera.

Guess what that means. =)

We will be doing it on this weekends or the day when we both have time and TV available.
NICE!
we will definitely smash like crazy this weekend
3 day weekend!! wooooo

//NJzFinest
I have the link footage converted. However the one that was taking 800 years when you were there finished and it was ****ing like 181 gb 0_o
plus it was corrupted. So I downloaded another converter called winAVI converter and it worked perfectly. Sony Vegas accepted the file, and now I can start editing. I have to play around with it first to see what it is all about :p

1400th post yayuhhhzzz

Top Bottom