• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Chrono Cross is pretty good. Not as good as Chrono Trigger and it isn't what you expect for a sequel, but it's a fun and beautiful game.
That's like, PSX at it's best (presentation wise).

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Happy birthday karl! **** ur young, I'm going to be 20 this year! Man happy new years everyone! Sitting at the airport about to fly back to cape town. And amazingly I don't have a hang over:p miss you all, must play ****ing smash! Aaasrgh!!! *Andre cries*

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
heh,
Anthony and Jay didn't receive my call.

You disappoint me.... DIE!!.... (from MGS3 by 'The End')

anyway,
happy new year for everyone.

since i don't have Matt and Hiroshi's number, i couldn't call them.
and, Andre was too far a way + no number. hmm. sounds like a john.

Whatever. See you all in Purdue except Andre.
i hope i can go to South Africa someday. but if plane takes TOO LONG, you better come. i hate airplanes.

_kSo_

Smash Master
heh,

anyway,

Whatever. See you all in Purdue except Andre.
i hope i can go to South Africa someday. but if plane takes TOO LONG, you better come. i hate airplanes.
you should be able to play smash on plane rides. I'd buy a private jet just so that i could travel with smash...that would be f'ing awesome

goosefactor

Smash Lord
heh,

anyway,

Sorry about that, Maus. My number's 395-4065.

Oh, and Alan, did you want us to bring a cube and TV again for the 12th?

NJzFinest, you think 5k's alot!? You better look out, I'm catching up with you in posts...

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Matt // heh, i got your message.
it is true we are Very close that it is very tense when we are playing...
your Peach!! grrrrr

also true that we need to play more in general...

hope to see you at next tourney.

Alan// own a jet...just to play Smash?......
i guess you need a medical assistance there XD

Hiroshi // nice!

*** Hiroshi's and Matt's numbers are saved ***

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Our rather grandiose plans for pound 3 seem to be failing. :( For me, at least, there's really no way for me to miss like two days of classes and then try to recover during the week. So... Yeah. Unless something ridiculous and hilarious happens, I don't think that I will be able to go. :(

We're still on for SSBO X, though. heh Also, Alan, what's the story on using your frat as a venue?

_kSo_

Smash Master
I think we should just keep it at tarkington. unless that's a problem. it's way to far to have it at my frat. everyone already knows that it's at tarkington so we might as well keep it there. on the other hand if we can have it at my frat every other week then perhaps it would be better.

of course there will be people who will make huge johns about having to walk barely off campus lol

**new sig

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
CKIT, WE=GOING TO POUND3!
sigh, I have to with all of the money matches I made...especially the one with G-Reg

**Alan's sig is straight up gangsta

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Yea whatever Karl, i emphasize the KKK.... lol that makes me think of HDBN! man i miss the good old days! i have to pre-order brawl no doubt! i just got the perfect plan, ill get like uber rediculously good internet that causes 0 lag and then we will play. The only problem with that plan is that i have no way of executing it.

O yea ckit stop making JOHNS you are going to Pound3! dont think just do it!.

o yea maus i didnt fail any of my classes :p i guess your 15 minutes pre-exam tutoring helped :p

and maus DragonForce is just plainly wack! i have been listening to it for like every minute of everyday!

so far away! we wait for the plane back the USA!

_kSo_

Smash Master
New sigs are up

Maus i've had these on my computer for a while so I'm just going to post them for you to see

And this one is CKIT's sig which I had long postponed on making. but i finally made it yesterday after I made my own new sig. So here it is

lemme know which ones you like! :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
all fixed, mah bad

best quote evar:

Mr Chinkinator: my falco ***** small children
Mr Chinkinator: with his feather

xD When I read that, I pictured Falco with a Japanese school girl...and a feather...and yeah :laugh:

Can't wait to smash with everyone again ^_^

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
hey guys i just wanted to make alittle post saying how much i have enjoyed playing the past 2 times you guys have held these especially kso and maus for being so hospitable last time. seeing everyone just makes me want to get better and i know that there is ALOT for me to improve on. i was wondering what kinds of things you guys practiced extremely hard at to get as good as you are or what kinds of things someone playing as captain falcon would want to focus on

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Shoot.... Since the robotics schedule is pretty lame, I won't be able to make any SSBO tournaments until the beginning of April.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i was wondering what kinds of things you guys practiced extremely hard at to get as good as you are or what kinds of things someone playing as captain falcon would want to focus on
Sorry, Bryan, but after getting 2 stocked in a CF ditto with Kitsune during the last tournament, I don't feel right giving advice on improving your Falcon. What was the infamous advice that Isai gave to people who asked him for CF strategies? I believe it was simply: "don't get hit." Heh. Seriously though, hopefully one of these guys can help you out. If I'm not mistaken, KSO mains CF in N64, but I'm not sure if he really uses him in Melee.

ParanoidPuma

Smash Rookie
what kinds of things someone playing as captain falcon would want to focus on
Well you get +5 first off for being a falcon player in my book. I'm trying to get better with falcon myself and I'm not that great yet.. so you probably already know some of this stuff.. but I find that shorthopping to his down spike or neutral A works pretty well. I like to mix in a few of his fire uppercut attacks too. heh... well if you want real advice (i'm still a noob), just watch some Isai or Darkrain videos :laugh:

_kSo_

Smash Master
Super Smash Battle Opera X!!!!1!!!!1!!11!!!!one!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder to everyone who is going to Super Smash Battle Opera X (hell yea guys, we made it #10!)

SSBO X will be held in the same location (tarkington hall tv lounge) at 2pm this Saturday, January 12th

This tournament will be free, just to get everyone back into shape, however there will still be a bracket and results will be posted on the first page.

It looks like everyone has gotten better (including me, yay!) except for NJzFinest, who was had no one to play all break (except for me, but he was grounded LOLOLOL), so the tournaments are going to far more interesting nowadays with people of such close skill level competing for that top placing. Happy practicing, and hope to see everyone there!

goosefactor

Smash Lord

It looks like everyone has gotten better (including me, yay!) except for NJzFinest, who was had no one to play all break (except for me, but he was grounded LOLOLOL), so the tournaments are going to far more interesting nowadays with people of such close skill level competing for that top placing. Happy practicing, and hope to see everyone there!

You know, you're wrong KSO about everyone but NJzFinest getting better at the game. I for example have not; for it's kinda hard to improve upon perfection! :laugh:

Sadly, I'm only half right, and that's the part about me not getting better. :(

_kSo_

Smash Master
KSO//
My Falcon is Beyond Terrible.
no short hop = bullshiet

my "Mains" are still the same. no improvements....
as i've mentioned earlier, i THINK that my ganon, link and bowser got better than before.

Anyway..
Paper Mario, mm hmm...

//maus
falco vs bowser again? LOOLOLOLLL

but yea you still know a few things about falcon such as mindgames and tech chasing or whatever, which is why i said to talk to you about it. As for me, I think i'm going to pick him up kuz he is just so much fun and who knows, maybe i'll be good enough to use him in teams in the near future

good smashing yesterday...but back to studying dammit

im in eng420 right now :p

for it's kinda hard to improve upon perfection! :laugh:
perfection? wowowoow thats awesome. teach me oh great one :)

//njzfinest
team fire emblem this saturday?? :)

_kSo_

Smash Master
Team Fire Emblem? HELLZ YEZ.

We be Forward Smashing ni99az all day.
it's gonna be da bombdiggity

kirkq ain't got nothin on us

"i play falco. i'm good at damaging people and keeping them busy but i'm not so good at killing."

that still makes me laugh out loud.

Top Bottom