• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

goosefactor

Smash Lord

we will definitely smash like crazy this weekend
Man, I'm so jealous of you guys. I wish I didn't live like 2 hours away so that I could play everyone whenever I wanted. :(
I feel I'd be so much better if I was able to consistently play people my skill level or better. Oh well, I'm just complaining. You guys can feel free to ignore this.

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Oh, **** you Nintendo!!!

Looks like we've got another month of Melee. Does anyone know how to mod consoles? I'll import if we can fix up my Wii!

P.S. Yay for all the smash this weekend! Boo for the lack of Goosefactor!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hmmm. I heard a few days ago that brawl was going to be delayed. Looks like they just now decided to post it on the dojo (Marth 9) . But now the're not giving us a very cool update like Sonic to make up for it (unless you think Olivar's level is something to write home about). Oh, well, guess this means we will have more tournaments focusing on Melee. That's good.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Here we go again for the third time.

Carl//
We can get some matches in this weekend.

Alan//
Np bro. Just don't be the same as last Saturday. I'd like to see the improvement in action.

Good news...
There is a city bus that goes buy my house now. So i can make it over with ease, but getting home after the tournaments I'll have to catch a ride. Also, I'll be able to make it to whatever tournament is going on the 26th without being late!!! If I'm needing to sign up for it now, can someone do that for me. This site is still giving me problems.

Bad news....
As usual, I'm stuck with having to show up late to tournaments. Sorry guys, as much as you guys are upset with this, you don't have to suffer with working. I was told that for now on, those who usually work saturday, will be getting one Saturday off a month. Utter bs here, but I'm going to be looking for a new job since they have a problem with me requesting these days off. I could talk about this for a long time, but no sense in doing so. So for this weekend, I'll be there after 5pm again... F'n work.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
LOL. did you mean to say Marth 9? or mistake of saying March 9..?

Anyway...
It is kinda biggy john...

but since i got huge paper cut on my left thumb...
i can't really play smash.
too much pain. not even joking.
So hard to do anything with Up...

Wishing it will recover (as in no more pain + no more blood) by this weekends...
if it doesn't i'd better let my thumb rest....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus, just rub some dirt on it like a champ!

Actually Maus, this will make you happy!

SHEIK FO BRAWL:

goosefactor

Smash Lord
LOL. did you mean to say Marth 9? or mistake of saying March 9..?
Haha. Oops. The sad thing is that I proof read my messages before I send them. This is a sign that I play too many video games.

Oh, come on now. Don't be such a softie. When I was first learning to wavedash, there were times when my left thumb was practically half falling off because of the friction, yet I marched on! (notice how I didn't say marthed on)

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Anyway...It is kinda biggy john...

maus sorry to hear that paper cuts look so harmless but for some reason you always seem to get them in the most inconvenient spots...hoping for a fast recovery so we might be able to play some friendlies next tournament if you decide to come since you mentioned that you werent a few posts ago :(

mecatomato

Smash Lord
maus sorry to hear that paper cuts look so harmless but for some reason you always seem to get them in the most inconvenient spots...hoping for a fast recovery so we might be able to play some friendlies next tournament if you decide to come since you mentioned that you werent a few posts ago :(
Thanks. i will take care of my thumb much to recover as soon as possible.

this cut was like... the worst papercut i've gotten in my life so far.
the hard paper (cover paper of the note book) actually WENT INTO my finger and cutting off skin from right to left, almost for a second or so.

don't know in inches, but in cm, it is about 0.5cm long scar and it is quite deep too.
as in... paper cut-wise.

and, i always welcome friendlies =)
hope people will have time to have some friendlies after tourney or during the tourney.

but as i have mentioned already, unless the pool system changes or unless it is free tournament, i am not will to pay for that weird pool system based tournament.

cheers!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Heal up, Maus. :(

But yeah, regarding your bracket situation, sometimes that's really just the way fate happens. There's really no other way to describe it, and I can't really justify it either. However, in tournaments with smaller brackets, such as ours, this occurrence is still more likely; it really matters on your placement in the bracket. Because we did not do pools to seed, Sage and I seeded from our perceptions of skill and previous placement, separating whom we expected to have been the first and second seeds should pools have been done. This has happened to Iggy and I as well. I think it was at COK2 or COK3. Iggy and I met in winner's bracket, and I sent him to loser's. After I was sent to losers, Iggy and I again met, and I eliminated him. I have heard of switching positions in the brackets when the same two players meet again to prevent this "double jeopardy" scenario; however, I feel that this may create conflict and debate should a player end up with an "unfavorable" player match-up which he would have avoided otherwise should the bracket-switching system not have been used. The TO's decided against bracket-switching, even at a major regional tournament such as COK; as such, I don't think that there exists any real precedent for this. I guess the end result is just to take what you're given. :ohwell:

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've been playing a lot of online smash64 lately

fun stuff :p

btw I suck at ssb64 now if anyone wants to money match me 0_o

:p

goosefactor

Smash Lord

btw I suck at ssb64 now if anyone wants to money match me 0_o

BS. I'll never take that offer. Even IF you somehow just started to "suck" at the game, you still would totally demolish me. I think I played the game once or twice since melee came out. Not to mention I never even played the game competitively to begin with.
But hey, if you ever get tired of me kicking your butt in melee, then I'm all for playing SSB to level the playing field!:laugh:

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Cunning Kitsune//
I understand the way you distribute[??? forgive my poor english] people in tournaments...
but i just don't like it much. =(

if i were good like you, kirk, Carl, Iggy whoever, so that i don't even care who i fight, it might be alright for me, too.
but as a noobie player, it doesn't feel good to see someone you previously lost to, or beat by a luck. NOT THE MATTER OF WIN OR LOSE, you just get the feeling 'danm it'
I... just don't like that.

Anyway, pain in the finger is like mini falcon punch. when scratching legs, unconsciously use my thumb and then the scar gets opened instantly... then it is like 3 falco with no friendly fire + Falcon punch + Warlock Punch + pikachu/pichu's Infinite A.

Alan// Go home. Liar. =P
you are basically saying 'show me the money'

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
maus: i understand your frustration on the tourney brackets and i see how it can be quite discouraging having to play someone that just beat you and then play them again and get eliminated. but it seems like for the amount of people that come on a regular basis, there just arent many ways around it. i'm no expert or anything when it comes to making brackets and definitely am new to this whole tournament thing with smash, but i liked the pool thing that we did like 2 weeks before winter break. i think the pool then go into a double elimination bracket matching up the people from pool 1 against pool 2 would be good. i have no idea how long that would take or anything but it just seems that you would get as many matches as you could and for me that is good cuz i don't expect to win most of those matches anyways so the more the merrier. i dunno everyone elses thoughts, but thats what i came up with

kso: i have no words...all i can think of is no i am not going to money match you that would just be illogical on my part, heck i might as well just burn that money or dare i say just give it to you :ohwell:

cunning kitsune: i wasnt trying to bash your system or anything ive had no problems with them at all. i was just trying to bring up an alternative to keep everyone happy cuz i personally would hate to see someone not want to play or sit out. on a different note are we gunna get the privilege to see you play so more next tournament?

and on a totally other note its 3:37 am :urg:

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XI - Saturday, January 19, 2008

Alright, folks. The way things currently stand is as follows: Tink and Big C are set on having Big Tourney on the 26th, the original date for SSBO XI. As such, to accommodate the fact that many of the Purdue Smashers will probably be attending, SSBO XI will be this weekend, Saturday, January 19, 2008 at 2 PM in Tark's TV Lounge. I've already got the room signed out and everything. I apologize for the late announcement, but I'm certain that we will have all of our regulars there and perhaps still more. As well, SSBO XI will be a free-entry event, so even the more frugal Smashers can attend.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
SSBO XI will be a free-entry event, so even the more frugal Smashers can attend.
are you making it free because of me?
if so, i have to feel sorry like Wily in megaman series, so...
IF it was because of me, cancel it, please.

and... it is free... therefore...
enter the tourney, Anthony...

ooh, anyway. then how about the Tink tourney? what's up for that one?
is it cancelled?

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
are you making it free because of me?
if so, i have to feel sorry like Wily in megaman series, so...
IF it was because of me, cancel it, please.

and... it is free... therefore...
enter the tourney, Anthony...
no no maus free is good. i have no objections to it :)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Hmm, I'm not sure if I can make it down THIS weekend. There's this training class I'm scheduled for on the 19th. If I can't reschedule, it would be like throwing away $40 bucks. Although I guess I could get that money back from MM's with KSO...jk. I'm in the process of trying to reschedule now. Keep your fingers crossed!

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
he was calling maus frugal

btw EVERYONE LOOK AT CUNNINGKITSUNE'S SIG!! ISN'T IT AMAZING!!!

//maus
we need to play starcraft. I've gotten better
oh whoops i didnt quite catch onto that...anyone wanna team up with me if goosefactor can't make it this weekend?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ok, everyone, you can all relax. I've been able to reschedule my class. There's only going to be 3 of us (ac burrito, matt s, and myself) which means we will need a partner for doubles. Since matt s doesn't really know anyone, either myself or burrito will partner with him. If anyone is looking for a partner just post or PM burrito or myself.

Oh, since it was a pain to reschedule my class and all, this tournament had better be the best one yet! This means much more friendlies from everyone. This also means that Cunning needs to start playing friendlies much earlier than 730. Honestly, what's up with that? You only played like 5 matches. Oh, you need to enter the tournament too.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I might be able to come... I'll be super late though... around 5-6 ish
You won't the only one showing up late. F'n hate work atm for this lame bs.

Carl, Maus, Alan, Kit, Goose, Lavos///
If you don't mind. I want at least one match with you all if possible.

And depending on how much money I'll have, I might want to do some money matches.
Remember though, I'll be using c-stick this time. XD Try shffl'n without a c-stick.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Maus, the tourney is free since Alan told me people need practice for Tinks tourney; I found out it was a free tourney before yesterday during a chat with Kitsune.

Stop being emo.

Heog

Smash Cadet
Hey, just short of reading through 56 pages x.x; I wanted to get some basic info. I'm in Terre Haute and interested in stopping by for the 19th (like I think u said a few posts back), but I'm unfamiliar with the area, so is the info on the first page still accurate? Also, any chance I could get an 'oh-****' number incase I get lost? And how many people do you guys usually pull, anyway? Thanks :)

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Hey, just short of reading through 56 pages x.x; I wanted to get some basic info. I'm in Terre Haute and interested in stopping by for the 19th (like I think u said a few posts back), but I'm unfamiliar with the area, so is the info on the first page still accurate?:)
Check the first post dude. It has the location put on there, you can Map Quest it or whatever it is that you use. ^-^ I'm sure you'll find it easily.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey, just short of reading through 56 pages x.x; I wanted to get some basic info. I'm in Terre Haute and interested in stopping by for the 19th (like I think u said a few posts back), but I'm unfamiliar with the area, so is the info on the first page still accurate? Also, any chance I could get an 'oh-****' number incase I get lost? And how many people do you guys usually pull, anyway? Thanks :)
my number is 609-933-5907

call me if you get lost, which you shouldn't >_>

But yea, we should have about 15-20 at this one from what i can tell. we usually have a good amount of people, at least 10.

but we look forward to seeing you there, and yes all the information on the front page is accurate and up to date, as of 5 minutes later than this post because i am going to update it right after I post this

:)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Carl, Maus, Alan, Kit, Goose, Lavos///
If you don't mind. I want at least one match with you all if possible.
No problem, man. I'll be looking forward to it. Hopefully we will be able to do more than one.

Oh, and I don't want anyone to be jealous or anything, but I've officially graduated from a smash noob to a smash child. Look out!

Heog

Smash Cadet
Never underestimate my ability to wind up at the wrong place -_-. Sounds good, I should be able to make it, unfortunately it'll just be me this time around, because most of my friends seem to think their girls are more important than smash (those poor fools). Do you want me to bring along a wii (no t.v. tho)? Looking forward to tomorrow ^^.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
hey maus are you gunna be good to play this weekend? if so i want some friendlies if you are up for it, also anyone else the more the merrier =)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Looking forward to playing against ya, Heog. You a Ness main? Either me or ac burrito are gonna need a partner (the other one will pair with our other friend). Since you're coming alone, would you want to partner with one of us? Just post or PM one of us if you're interested.

Maus, unless Heog decides to partner, the offer's still on the table if things fall through with you (along with anyone else for that matter). I'm glad to know your are deciding to play afterall.

Heog

Smash Cadet
Sure, I'd be glad to take you up on that if no1 else has. And Yeah, I main Ness, but my Luigi my brought out alot too, I'll cyah there.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I need a partner too,

unless carl wants to do Team Fire Emblem again :p

I made this kuz I thought that it would turn out to be awesome

it did

Top Bottom