• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*ssbo Thread Has Been Moved*

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Unfortunatly, I could not stick around to play mini-Maus.

Quick! Andre! How do I spell your last name!? I need to add you on Facebook!
Andre Roux

my brother wanted to play you as well. he asked me "where is the ganondorf player you've mentioned?"
i was like... "he ran away"

o yea maus hows your brother doing against you/lavos and the other players?
he was doing much better than i thought.
He beat Alan few times,,, why is beacuse alan killed himself AT LEAST ONCE -_-;; for every single match.

he can take at least a stock off from my shiek,
and in one match he got me down to a stock.

you should have played him.
Purdue top 4 were not there,,, you and jay weren't there...

DracoFox also didn't come...

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Hey Maus, I had no **** choice on not showing up. Work and **** weather conditions. If I drove, I would been there, trust me. I called Alan like 5 times letting him know that I was trying to get there, then my last call was claiming that I couldn't make it.

I'm really pissed off from not being able to go. I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys. ;-; Now I'm gonna miss you all till you come back. :\ I'm still going to miss you all when I move out.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Hey Maus, I had no **** choice on not showing up. Work and **** weather conditions. If I drove, I would been there, trust me. I called Alan like 5 times letting him know that I was trying to get there, then my last call was claiming that I couldn't make it.

I'm really pissed off from not being able to go. I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys. ;-; Now I'm gonna miss you all till you come back. :\ I'm still going to miss you all when I move out.
heh, weather was ****ty, indeed. But Matt R came here!
anyway... you didn't have a chance to see and play my brother.. =(

whatever, weather will get worse in a month or two... i look forward to see you on next SSBO

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO X: January 12, 2008, 2 PM in Tark's TV Lounge

Speaking of the next SSBO, I am planning on having it the week that Purdue starts up again. As such, our next date will be January 12, 2008 (yeah, I remembered the new year). Keep that in mind, and practice up, good sirs.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Speaking of the next SSBO, I am planning on having it the week that Purdue starts up again. As such, our next date will be January 12, 2008 (yeah, I remembered the new year). Keep that in mind, and practice up, good sirs.
Man, I hope I stay in Purdue. It's like, 60 to 40% chance (60 that I will stay). I'll know by tomorrow....sigh*

Anyways, let's be on the positive side...

Money matches? Anyone?
MM my DK, Pichu or Roy.

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
Man, I hope I stay in Purdue. It's like, 60 to 40% chance (60 that I will stay). I'll know by tomorrow....sigh*

Anyways, let's be on the positive side...

Money matches? Anyone?
MM my DK, Pichu or Roy.
Haha, i just woke up and its like 7 hours before i get my grades and im sweating like a pig, i ****ing hate this wait. And im not even staying in purdue, but my grades determine how lenient my dad will be this winter (my summer) so yea...

Im glad to hear maus's brother did so good....

Carl wicked new sig i love it!

Lol Cunning i just went to your profile and it said one of your interests is Magic the Gathering.... I used to be more addicted to magic then i was to smash... i used to eat sleap and breath magic :p

i just watched cort(marth) vs Pc Chris(fox) again and i finished a whole box of tissues

O yea... im surprised no-one commented on my walrus teeth comment. so much for randomness

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Haha, thanks Andre.

Milktea started off with this:

I liked it but I didn't think the Kong on the right mixed well and the overall theme didn't have enough noise, so I changed it to this:

The DK in the middle is hard to see but I'm to lazy to fix this >.>

But yeah, the credit should go to Milktea for making the basis of the sig.

So, basically what I did was this:

+

=

Still, the CFalcon sig we made is too tight :cool:

XD

I didn't even notice walrus teeth the first time I read that!
What's that??? Ganondorf vs Pichu money match? I dunno...I guess so, deal!
That made me lol in real life. The best part was the Young Link one. I thought the CFalcon part would be grand, but I was left disappointed.

Also, guess what guys???

Failed Calc and Chem. My mom found out and she was like ">_>, your dad will be mad".
I'll know by later on today V_V

edit: my dad just came home and hasn't said a word yet.... :(

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
I'll update the facebook invite stuff I guess.

I think I will make this one without any "grade" problems and junk from my parents...

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Nice, Carl. Glad to hear it. In that case, we should start formulating a plot as to how we're going to get to pound 3.

Yeah, so I have no ideas at the moment. lol

Also, remember to take fake math and not real math this time, Carl. :p You kinda owned yourself with that one.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Carl's posts are always so epic. ROFL

Also, since all Smashers at Purdue obviously lack any form of car to get us up to a rendezvous point for pound 3, much less to pound 3 itself (assuming that we can make it), I was contemplating taking a bus up to Hammond and then having tink pick us up and go from there. None of this is set in stone yet, obviously, but I'm just throwing out ideas for consideration so that we can be prepared should we decide to make such an epic journey.

As for which bus we would need to take and when, I have yet to figure that out. LOL

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Looks like I'll be back before the tournament. I won't be able to join for the tournament, but I'll show up hopefully cause I miss you all. Well, anyways.... Merry Christmas to you all. ^-^

mecatomato

Smash Lord
First of all, Merry Christmas, everyone.

NJz// i almost break my controller because of short hop and B button.
i have no hope for better short hop.
i'm trying to find a way to play with bad short hopping skill.

problem is that i 'CAN' short hop when i am doing nothing but short hopping.
but when i get to move around, attack, etc., then i cannot do it.

if i do so, my thumb takes too long time to press A button or C stick. too much vulnerable time.

Hence i am thinking, i'd better improve my DI, spacing and accuracy of hitting before improving short hop.

i was playing Com level 9 falco and fox for fun (randomly chosen two characters), with my ganon.... and i realized how bad my DI was.. lol

danm falco didn't die till 180% ish.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
NJz// i almost break my controller because of short hop and B button.
i have no hope for better short hop.
I broke 2 controllers after trying to play Fox competitively.
Hence i am thinking, i'd better improve my DI, spacing and accuracy of hitting before improving short hop.
1. Short hopping improves spacing and accuracy ALOT. You'll find yourself to be able to land moves and space yourself alot better when you're not over shooting every jump you perform.
2. No, I learned Short Hopping before I knew Marth was an unlockable character in this game.
danm falco didn't die till 180% ish.
Lol, I did the same wtih my DK. My Bair didn't kill it until 240%ish.

Before I go on, if you think I'm trying to insult or something, then you're dumb.

But yeah, you have to work on short hopping, it's very important. I know it's frustrating, but we alllll go through this. Especially people who use space animals such as me, CunningKitsune, Kirkq, KSO, Dracofox, w/e.

For me to get my current tech skill, I had to waste whole afternoons, daily. However, this is for Fox and I'm talking about tech skill in general, not just one move.

You'll find yourself very rewarded when your Shiek is able to do SH Nair strats to **** Falco's SHL appoarch or Jab to SH Fair on Marths and Peaches.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey guys, I'm back from vacation!

what'd I miss?

oh after skimming this page,

CKIT// good idea with the bus situation, i'll help you plan that. I'm always good at planning trips.

Also after my trip this week on a cruise ship and to orlando, I realized we have to do 2 things

1. smashers trip to orlando

2. smashers cruise to the bahamas

option number 2 probably won't be able to be financially supported until we are all at least 25 also because we will probably be able to acquire a rental car 0_o

option number 1 i already mentioned to lavos and maus, and they are on board for the spring break trip to orlando. So the plan is, universal studios/islands of adventure by day, and smash in the hotel room by night.

I figured this out because on the cruise as well as the park days, my family just played cards during our free time (maus hopefully i can teach you this card game, it's called "zhen shang you") but yea i thought, hey if i was here with smashers, that tv would totally have a gamecube hooked up to it with smash playing...

so yea, we are looking for groups of 4 to split hotel costs. plane tickets and park tickets are also cheaper in bundles

so anybody at purdue (that includes you, dracofox, hiroshi, matt R, and anyone else that can make it to purdue during spring break to attend this trip with us.) who wants to go on this Smashers quest to orlando, please let me know. I know CKIT would be interested in this, and so would carl so that would make 5 of us so far.

after i get a head count as to who's interested, I'll gather up some information and see how much it'll cost. I would estimate around $200 per person, including air fares, hotel costs, and park tickets. of course you would need cash on hand for other stuff, but this is a ROUGH estimate

anyway, let me know... :) if we could pull this off, it'd really be an epic-*** journey

goosefactor

Smash Lord

1. Short hopping improves spacing and accuracy ALOT. You'll find yourself to be able to land moves and space yourself alot better when you're not over shooting every jump you perform.
2. No, I learned Short Hopping before I knew Marth was an unlockable character in this game.

Before I go on, if you think I'm trying to insult or something, then you're dumb.

But yeah, you have to work on short hopping, it's very important. I know it's frustrating, but we alllll go through this. Especially people who use space animals such as me, CunningKitsune, Kirkq, KSO, Dracofox, w/e.

For me to get my current tech skill, I had to waste whole afternoons, daily. However, this is for Fox and I'm talking about tech skill in general, not just one move.

You'll find yourself very rewarded when your Shiek is able to do SH Nair strats to **** Falco's SHL appoarch or Jab to SH Fair on Marths and Peaches.
Good call on all this, NJzFinest. I don't really know who you are because you weren't at the last couple tournaments/smashfests, but I totally hear you with the frustration but importance to all the technical crap in this game. Sadly, I too went through numerous controllers mainly from wavedashing. But ya, lots of free time can be spent practicing these moves, but when you're able to use these to link up a combo or whatever to win a match, it makes it all worth it.

Oh, KSO, the trip sounds interesting. However, I wouldn't be sure about going for a while yet.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Thanks goosefactor.
Heh, you should definately come to the next tournament since I'll actually be there.

But yeah, I wouldn't be sure about going on the trip KSO is planning for awhile as well.
Also, I doubt my parents would ever let me.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
no... not by practicing. i felt like to throw the controller to the wall.

for #1, it would be. but.. you know, improving short hop will take time anyway. someday, i might get it right or quit smash and play MegamanX Command Mission + Paper mario2 + F-Zero, etc.
for #2, well... you've played SSB, while i have not actually.
i played it on computer for like 3~4 months, without knowing anything deep about the game.

computer DI is just so f***ing annoying. which means good in fact,,,,

MY TECH SKILL IS BAD AS HELL.
almost of all the time, whatever you pick out, that's gonna be true.

i do understand what you say to me, but thing is that...
i CANNOT short hop NOW.
i might be able to... might not be.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
for #1, it would be. but.. you know, improving short hop will take time anyway. someday, i might get it right or quit smash and play MegamanX Command Mission + Paper mario2 + F-Zero, etc.
Improving short hopping takes very little time with the right will power. From the way it seems now, it'll take you forever if you keep that hopeless/emo mindset.
Also, almost every smasher, including pros, are playing multiple games along with Smash. You don't need to quit Smash just to play a number of different games. That's why I encouraged you before to play Megaman :D
MY TECH SKILL IS BAD AS HELL.
almost of all the time, whatever you pick out, that's gonna be true.
fast fall to l-cancel, Up B glitch, wavelanding, ledge teching, down b recovery, wavelanding on to stage, average SWD

My a$$ Maus...MY A$$!!! You seem to forget we're talking about one thing, ONE THING. If you had perfect short hopping, you tech skill with any character but space animals will be just as capable as mine.

Alan could not waveshine when you first meet him. And after that...he still couldn't waveshine for some time. Then he decided to just practice it and got it down pretty fast. Last time I checked, waveshininig is alot harder than short hopping.
The main difference is that Alan was very determined to get it down, and look at the results.
i do understand what you say to me, but thing is that...
i CANNOT short hop NOW.
i might be able to... might not be.
...no comment on that :laugh:

edit:

Maus, I still need those videos. Can you send them to me? I have to see what I have to work on.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Well, KSO I'm all for going, but
1. my parents would never let me.
2. I'm already going to Orlando this spring break.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
and NJz you are money matching me for $10 or more. you have no choice, you have to, because you have almost 5,000 posts, have had over 50 sigs, yet you barely go to tournies. not to mention you probably arent the finest in New Jersey, id say maybe 15th finest or so. this qualifies you as "forum nerd", and money matching is the only way to redeem yourself
My response:
Fact: I'm better than almost all of the 15 ranked players in NJ (if anyone of you ranked players read this, you can money match me if you want). Given the fact I live in the Midwest for college, I don't go to NJ tourneys, so I can't be ranked ///johnz
*Not trying to sound amazing or anything since NJ isn't that great at Melee lol.*

But yeah, I'll take on that MM (for $10).
After I said that, this happened:
# 2 would ike to get in on the 10$ mm please. :)
"If I lived in Jersey I'd be #2" would also like to get in on this mm.
im unranked in NJ and MD. i'll take that mm
# 10 would like to get in on the 10$ mm please
lololol, and more to come I assume.

My money matches for Pound3 so far:
G-reg 10$ (obviously)
Eggm 10$
CopyCat 10$
Slikvik 10$
Eggz (DK vs Mario) 5$
HAT 5$
Cactuar 5$

I'm planning to practice vs Cunning, Maus, and Iggy for these matchups :D Oh, and Tink + whoever else shows up at that tourney.

_kSo_

Smash Master
My response:

After I said that, this happened:

lololol, and more to come I assume.

My money matches for Pound3 so far:
G-reg 10$ (obviously)
Eggm 10$
CopyCat 10$
Slikvik 10$
Eggz (DK vs Mario) 5$
HAT 5$
Cactuar 5$

I'm planning to practice vs Cunning, Maus, and Iggy for these matchups :D Oh, and Tink + whoever else shows up at that tourney.

oh i guess im useless in these practices then...lol seeing as CKIT's everything>>>my everything lololol

but yea im getting better by playing valoem

btw Carl, Valoem would like to money match you lol :p

I'd say hes a lil better than me, but when i get my groove back, i think i could beat him in a money match

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

oh i guess im useless in these practices then...lol seeing as CKIT's everything>>>my everything lololol

Well, Ckit's Falco>Kirkq's and yours...but, I just got this new money match!

Okay, then the underated # 15 would like to challenge that $10 mm.
^
Very bad Marth player. KSO, I could use a Marth that doesn't **** me too hard to practice against.

but yea im getting better by playing valoem

btw Carl, Valoem would like to money match you lol :p

I'd say hes a lil better than me, but when i get my groove back, i think i could beat him in a money match
OOooo, nice! When you MM him, tell me how it goes.

Idk if it's fair for me to MM Valoem (in Melee). I mean, right before going to Purdue with 0 practice, I destoryed him after he beat me that one game and I never used Fox or DK. Then after going to Purdue, I got alot better with you guys. I know he improved, but I doubt he had a cunning Fox living with him in for the past few months haha. NJ is one of the hardest states to improve in since our Melee players aren't that great and we are scattered.

If he really wants to, then I guess. How much???

EDIT:
njz finest = worst cockiness to skill ratio since manacloud. you're nowhere near as bad as him, but still, stop acting so cocky when you've done nothing to prove yourself.
LOLOLOL

_kSo_

Smash Master
KSO, I could use a Marth that doesn't **** me too hard to practice against.

OOooo, nice! When you MM him, tell me how it goes.

Idk if it's fair for me to MM Valoem (in Melee). I mean, right before going to Purdue with 0 practice, I destoryed him after he beat me that one game and I never used Fox or DK. Then after going to Purdue, I got alot better with you guys. I know he improved, but I doubt he had a cunning Fox living with him in for the past few months haha. NJ is one of the hardest states to improve in since our Melee players aren't that great and we are scattered.

If he really wants to, then I guess. How much???

My marth got better by playing Valoem's marth. And I hope my marth can give you good practice. Even tho my marth isn't as good as Valoem's marth, he plays really gay and isn't that good for practice. My marth is a lil more conventionaly and "normal" so i guess it'd help you more.

and yea, after i money match him, i'll let you know how it goes. He isn't too sure about money matching you yet because I told him that you **** my falco and he got scared lollololol kuz I beat his marth most of the time with falco. btw pokemon stadium is NOT his friend. I consistently 2-3 stock him in pokemon stadium. Then again it's like my best stage overall. (FD is my best with falco, but not marth or pika :p)

He told me he had been playing copycat and sensei so I dunno what kind of practice he's been getting.

however, that is true that he doesn't have a kitsune living with him, so he didn't get nearly the amount of practice either of us had gotten. But yea i can tell he's scared to money match me now kuz i played him yesterday and he was REALLY surprised at how much i had improved. Hes like dracofox level, but more gay. he does like m2k stuff lololol like the gay utilt dair kill on yoshi's story... 0_o so dumb

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Improving short hopping takes very little time with the right will power. From the way it seems now, it'll take you forever if you keep that hopeless/emo mindset.
Also, almost every smasher, including pros, are playing multiple games along with Smash. You don't need to quit Smash just to play a number of different games. That's why I encouraged you before to play Megaman :D
Since I cannot do it, and that pisses me off so much, it takes danm forever.
It is like.... hmmm, i am in America but i am korean. something like this. whatever i do, fact doesn't change. If i live long enough in America, I CAN BE "MORE LIKE" American.
my english is getting horrible here again, but yeah...
for now, short hop never seems to be improved. someday later, it might get better by little.

fast fall to l-cancel, Up B glitch, wavelanding, ledge teching, down b recovery, wavelanding on to stage, average SWD
My a$$ Maus...MY A$$!!! You seem to forget we're talking about one thing, ONE THING. If you had perfect short hopping, you tech skill with any character but space animals will be just as capable as mine.
I CAN, but None are fluent.
i sometimes miss fast fall... the dumbest thing ever.
most of the time on the FLAT WALL i can to UpB canceling.. but not on the slope.
i often air dodge instead of wavelanding, and for this, i die about 40% of the time on the edge.
down B RUINED, CORRUPTED, DESTROYED my B button.
Lucky SWDs. Iggy's is like 10 times better than mine.

Hence... none are 'good'. I still got a lot of things to do.
i didn't say i need perfect tech skills. i just need to improve a lot.

Alan could not waveshine when you first meet him. And after that...he still couldn't waveshine for some time. Then he decided to just practice it and got it down pretty fast. Last time I checked, waveshininig is alot harder than short hopping.
The main difference is that Alan was very determined to get it down, and look at the results.
True. i won't deny. but my fingers aren't smart enough to learn so 'SENSITIVE' skills in short period.

Maus, I still need those videos. Can you send them to me? I have to see what I have to work on.
i would like to give you... but danm internet connection... i am using my uncle's computer now.
video is in my computer. and on this computer, MSN, AIM, or other korean messangers are not working for some reason. and internet is pretty slow as well.

so... i guess you just gotta wait till i get back to purdue. which is... on Jan 4th night.

--------------------------
Eggz (DK vs Mario) 5$

I'm planning to practice vs Cunning, Maus, and Iggy for these matchups :D Oh, and Tink + whoever else shows up at that tourney
heh, DK vs Mario. let's go. XD

AfricanZulu

Smash Cadet
God I want to go to pound3. I havnt played smash since I left the us. The only thing I've been doing is playing ff7 wakeboarding and partying. . . I miss purdue

_kSo_

Smash Master
God I want to go to pound3. I havnt played smash since I left the us. The only thing I've been doing is playing ff7 wakeboarding and partying. . . I miss purdue

yes the ONLY thing...

lol if you friggin played smash along with all those things, you'd probably be in heaven

no joke 0_o it sounds like fun lol

We miss you too andre :p

also,
Alancitu this is amazing.
what the!

Lavos

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I'm going to be so far behind when we all get back to Purdue. I don't think I've touched the game this entire break, but can you blame me!? I had a massive backlog of games to play! Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Harvest Moon, Zelda: PH, Zack and Wiki, Half Life Episode 2, Portal, RE: Umbrella Chronicles, and Chrono Cross.

Assassin's Creed is so good!!! I have actually been dreaming of a game like this since seventh grade. No joke.

Top Bottom